• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
I always delete my notifications. Guess I'll just manually upload them once in a while.

I know the uploads notifications are one menu deeper then the main notifications page. So you might be just deleting the main page and not the sub menu of uploads. Can't really think of anything else that might be causing the issue except maybe a corrupt save file. Hopefully you can figure it out I lost some saves myself when my PS4 broke and I didn't realize it wasn't uploading anything.

Sorry if you already know about the sub menu, just wanted to clarify a bit.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Anton Mikhailov is now researching 'new 3D interaction' which could influence the technologies in the standard PS5 controller, PSVR2 and supporting sensors and software.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
No matter how long it takes Sony to have a legit conference again, I'm totally down for more galaxy PlayStation themes. Whoever had that design idea deserves a raise or promotion.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
Anton Mikhailov is now researching 'new 3D interaction' which could influence the technologies in the standard PS5 controller, PSVR2 and supporting sensors and software.
Where did you see that? As far as I know he's still at Media Molecule and they're working on the VR support in Dreams for launch, so it could be related to that - will be awesome for sculpting and drawing and for experiencing so many new things in VR.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting to think the second best reason to be excited about Days Gone is for this radio silence at Sony to end. It's clear plans have shifted from previous years (not a single new release between January and March) and now they're strictly focused on guaranteeing that Bend's return is an absolute success. How do you do that? Aside of creating a good game (which I hope that's the case), by giving to your fans nothing else to think about until the game is out in full force.

Once May starts, with Days Gone already behind us, the floodgates shall open for TLOU, Death Stranding and company.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I'm starting to think the second best reason to be excited about Days Gone is for this radio silence at Sony to end. It's clear plans have shifted from previous years (not a single new release between January and March) and now they're strictly focused on guaranteeing that Bend's return is an absolute success. How do you do that? Aside of creating a good game (which I hope that's the case), by giving to your fans nothing else to think about until the game is out in full force.

Once May starts, with Days Gone already behind us, the floodgates shall open for TLOU, Death Stranding and company.

No new release between January and March but the long awaited Dreams beta and tomorrow we will hopefully see a Dreams launch date.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If Scalebound comes out in the Switch and is successful, that will make for one of the funniest topics to read in here in a long time.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
No new release between January and March but the long awaited Dreams beta and tomorrow we will hopefully see a Dreams launch date.
We'll see. The beta is certainly something, and MM seem to be in a position to make that announcement pretty soon. Though to be honest, Dreams is a game that's had some level of discussion for quite some time. Anybody can visit their Youtube channel or other platforms and see hours upon hours of the game, going back to 2016. Even at this, both the studio and the game are treated in a different way, perhaps because it actually is a different kind of project.

Meanwhile, we barely know details about other studios' work. That's what I find frustrating, this double approach depending on game and developer, the uncertainty might be exciting but comes with a price too.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm very worried about future years in terms of exclusives. This generation Sony got several exclusives from other developers to help their lineups. From Software with Bloodborne, Quantic Dream with Detroit, RAD with The Order, SuperMassive with Until Dawn and games like Persona 5, NieR Automata, and Nioh to go along with Horizon in 2017. Going into next gen they may not have any of those studios making exclusives for them. It also seems to be taking their studios longer and longer to put out games.

It has now been 5 years since Sucker Punch released a game and may end up being 6 if GoT doesn't release until 2020. Who's to say we won't have to wait another 4-5 years after that for another game from them? Media Molecule still hasn't released Dreams and the generation is almost over. What do they do after that and how long will it take? The same goes for Sony Bend who took seven years to release a new game. I just worry that in 2 years we may get a year or two where we only get 1 or 2 exclusives in the whole year. That would be a major bummer.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I'm very worried about future years in terms of exclusives. This generation Sony got several exclusives from other developers to help their lineups. From Software with Bloodborne, Quantic Dream with Detroit, RAD with The Order, SuperMassive with Until Dawn and games like Persona 5, NieR Automata, and Nioh to go along with Horizon in 2017. Going into next gen they may not have any of those studios making exclusives for them. It also seems to be taking their studios longer and longer to put out games.

It has now been 5 years since Sucker Punch released a game and may end up being 6 if GoT doesn't release until 2020. Who's to say we won't have to wait another 4-5 years after that for another game from them? Media Molecule still hasn't released Dreams and the generation is almost over. What do they do after that and how long will it take? The same goes for Sony Bend who took seven years to release a new game. I just worry that in 2 years we may get a year or two where we only get 1 or 2 exclusives in the whole year. That would be a major bummer.

Sony is increasing their own studios from 1/2 to even 3 teams.

We still don't know which acquisitions they gonna do moving forward.

I think the future is solid enough

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

Mostly all Sony studios become much bigger.
I am not a technical expert but I hope studios like GG or SP will not make a complete new engine for next gen, so should the dev time be much faster.

Mm will support Dreams and working on a PS5 upgrade.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is increasing their own studios from 1/2 to even 3 teams.

We still don't know which acquisitions they gonna do moving forward.

I think the future is solid enough
I mean do we know for certain that their job listings are for more teams or just one bigger team so that they can get a game done faster hopefully? I also am not so sure that they will be acquiring any new studios. That just seems to be something people are hoping they'll do.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
I'm not worried about Sony's output for next gen. And Nintendo's been outsourcing for Switch exclusives you know.

Btw, does anybody have the PlayStation Discord link?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mostly all Sony studios become much bigger.
I am not a technical expert but I hope studios like GG or SP will not make a complete new engine for next gen, so should the dev time be much faster.

Mm will support Dreams and working on a PS5 upgrade.
Right but here is my concern. Say TLOU 2, GoT and Death Stranding all come out in 2020 or two of them if one makes it out this year. What do you get in 2021? Horizon 2 I would hope as that would be 4 years. What else besides that though? Would Santa Monica have God of War 2 ready in three years? I'm not so sure. Bend and Media Molecule wouldn't have anything ready. Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch would've just released titles the year prior so they wouldn't be ready either. Is Polyphony going to have the next Gran Turismo ready by then? Given their history I wouldn't bet on that either. Japan Studio would be the only other hope at that point. I really hope Insomniac maybe has another team making a new Ratchet along with Spider-Man 2 as that would help with the lineup in one of the upcoming years. Also if teams go to making more new IP that can lead to even longer waits versus seeing a sequel.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
I mean do we know for certain that their job listings are for more teams or just one bigger team so that they can get a game done faster hopefully? I also am not so sure that they will be acquiring any new studios. That just seems to be something people are hoping they'll do.

Shawn seemed to be at multiple teams in a studio in the recent interviews he gave, especially with the MP games conversations.

One example is Guerrilla getting folks from R6 Siege to work on an MP game (rumor is SOCOM).

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Right but here is my concern. Say TLOU 2, GoT and Death Stranding all come out in 2020 or two of them if one makes it out this year. What do you get in 2021? Horizon 2 I would hope as that would be 4 years. What else besides that though? Would Santa Monica have God of War 2 ready in three years? I'm not so sure. Bend and Media Molecule wouldn't have anything ready. Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch would've just released titles the year prior so they wouldn't be ready either. Is Polyphony going to have the next Gran Turismo ready by then? Given their history I wouldn't bet on that either. Japan Studio would be the only other hope at that point. I really hope Insomniac maybe has another team making a new Ratchet along with Spider-Man 2 as that would help with the lineup in one of the upcoming years.

At the moment I am excited for 2019/20 and don't really care about 2021 ;)

But maybe the PS5 launch year will be a bit dry, would not be the first time...
Or maybe it's great with launches like Horizon 2, FF7 Remake and a Bluepoint title.

TheRaidenPT

Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
At the moment I am excited for 2019/20 and don't really care about 2021 ;)

But maybe the PS5 launch year will be a bit dry, would not be the first time...
Or maybe it's great with launches like Horizon 2, FF7 Remake and a Bluepoint title.

There's so much to talk about regarding 2020...

I'm very very excited about the future of the Horizon IP and Bluepoint.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Can you explain how this is different from any generation before PS4 or any other platform, not just PS?

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain how this is different from any generation before PS4 or any other platform, not just PS?
Well it's different because games are taking longer and longer. Do you know in the span of 7 years Sucker Punch released Sly 2, Sly 3, Infamous 1 & 2 and Festival of Blood? Compare that to now where it will most likely be 6 years before we get a new game from them as Ghost of Tsushima is likely 2020. The same goes for Naughty Dog who in the span of 7 years on the PS3 put out Uncharted 1-3 and TLOU but from 2013-2020 will have only released 2 titles (Uncharted 4 and TLOU 2) and one shorter game in Lost Legacy. Insomniac released 3 Resistance titles and what 3 or 4 Ratchet games on PS3 but has only released 2 titles on PS4. Polyphony will likely end up with 1 title on PS4. It's just taking these teams longer and longer which is going to lead to droughts in the future for exclusives.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Right but here is my concern. Say TLOU 2, GoT and Death Stranding all come out in 2020 or two of them if one makes it out this year. What do you get in 2021? Horizon 2 I would hope as that would be 4 years. What else besides that though? Would Santa Monica have God of War 2 ready in three years? I'm not so sure. Bend and Media Molecule wouldn't have anything ready. Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch would've just released titles the year prior so they wouldn't be ready either. Is Polyphony going to have the next Gran Turismo ready by then? Given their history I wouldn't bet on that either. Japan Studio would be the only other hope at that point. I really hope Insomniac maybe has another team making a new Ratchet along with Spider-Man 2 as that would help with the lineup in one of the upcoming years. Also if teams go to making more new IP that can lead to even longer waits versus seeing a sequel.
I have no idea why you guys think all these games are coming out in 2020. There is zero chance neither of those 3 make it this year, esp since they've been showing them for quite some time. TLOU II's reveal was how many years back now?

I do agree the slow output from some Sony games is disappointing though.

Oct 25, 2017

They can continue working with those devs, get completely new partners, or a combination of both.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it's different because games are taking longer and longer. Do you know in the span of 7 years Sucker Punch released Sly 2, Sly 3, Infamous 1 & 2 and Festival of Blood? Compare that to now where it will most likely be 6 years before we get a new game from them as Ghost of Tsushima is likely 2020. The same goes for Naughty Dog who in the span of 7 years on the PS3 put out Uncharted 1-3 and TLOU but from 2013-2020 will have only released 2 titles (Uncharted 4 and TLOU 2) and one shorter game in Lost Legacy. Insomniac released 3 Resistance titles and what 3 or 4 Ratchet games on PS3 but has only released 2 titles on PS4. Polyphony will likely end up with 1 title on PS4. It's just taking these teams longer and longer which is going to lead to droughts in the future for exclusives.

I'm seeing a correlation between dev time and quality. Third/Second party excusives will be always be a thing.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing a correlation between dev time and quality. Third/Second party excusives will be always be a thing.
I mean all of Naughty Dog's games on PS3 were very high quality and they put them all out 2 years apart. I don't think you'll ever see that happen again. It seems like it will likely be 3-4 years apart now and given that their next game will likely be a new IP who knows how long it might take.

Yes you can get other exclusives from second/third party but it just seems like a lot of Sony's partners in the last couple generations are moving to releasing their games on Xbox too.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

I know. I've been playing Detroit and now I think maybe an exclusive from Quantic Dream will be missed for PS5.

But we don't know anything about Sony's plans for next generation. It's very possible to get Bloodborne II, Ueda's new game, Spider-Man 2 or Ratchet and Clank in the first 2 years of next gen. Its possible to get an exclusive game from Quantic Dream at the end of next gen. Japanese exclusive games like Yakuza, Neir: Automata, Persona and Nioh for next gen is not impossible. We just don't know anything yet.

Not to mention the new major studio that is going to make a new Uncharted, according to rumors.

The best thing that we could do right now, is enjoying the leftovers for the tail of current gen. Games like Dreams, TLoU 2, Death Stranding are going to be HUGE!

Jan 20, 2019

Supermassive games, Platinum Games and Cygames are making all games for the ps4(Cygames are making 2).

Feb 26, 2018
Whats 100% gonna release this year?
Days Gone
MediEvil
Dreams
Concrete Genie
MLB
I believe that 1 out of Big 3 will release in 2019 too
And we got confirmed unannounced games.

As you can see 2019-2020 is filled with software. And thats not talking about countless defacto japanese consoles exclusives

Last edited:

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
MediEvil has a 2019 date, but I suppose that's not 100% releasing this year. (edit - beaten)

Then again, neither are Dreams, Golf VR or Concrete Genie. Dreams keeps getting delayed and delayed and delayed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Media Molecule were hyping up their next stream (which is tomorrow), so we may find out more about Dreams date then.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Sony might have 13-ish studios, but honestly that amount is not enough to sustain their AAA cadence annually. Just like MS and Nintendo, they still to rely on external partnerships to supplement their internally developed content and there's no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

If anything, my read of Shawn's teasing is that instead of partnering with RAD/Quantic Dream/etc for next gen, they'll instead want to find and work with devs with multiplayer cadence and experience to develop AAA titles that has a stronger MP focus. Who knows, the devs we see working with Sony for first-party games on PS5 might not be anyone we expect.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats 100% gonna release this year?
Days Gone
MediEvil
Dreams
Concrete Genie
MLB
I believe that 1 out of Big 3 will release in 2019 too
And we got confirmed unannounced games.

As you can see 2019-2020 is filled with software. And thats not talking about countless defacto japanese consoles exclusives

There's no window for Midevil.

Status
Not open for further replies.