• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If there's any recent titles that would greatly benefit from a reboot, the Order 1886 would be my pick.

It already had amazing art direction and a genuinely fascinating alternate history premise. It needs to be handed to a developer capable of engaging game design.
They had a premise that was on the level of Assassin's Creed in terms of being able to jump from one historical setting to the next.
Sony is literally sitting on a goldmine.
Agreed.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Well from my end it's just little pieces of information adding up.

In September of 2016 Kojima said DS would be out before the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, and then said more specifically it would be the year before Akira is set. Now Akira is set in 2019, so the year before would have been 2018. He later said that the actor strike delayed them a little so I assume since it was planned for 2018 it's now 2019 with the little delay.

He also later said that development is still on track and that this is the fastest he's ever developed a game and that even people at Sony are surprised at the speed.

In September of 2018 Kojima gave an interview where he said the games various elements had been set for over a year and that since September of 2018 they were in the "polishing" stages.

Kojima sent a message for the new year saying 2019 would be the "year of the whale" and look forward to DS.

He went back to Guerrilla Games with a box containing the game as a sort of symbolic "you were here at the start and now we're back at the end" type meeting to show off the game.

He's shown off the game to two movie directors that are not connected with the industry. I doubt he'd do this is the game wasn't entering it's final stages.

Aki Saito and Kojima recently went to Sony HQ in the US and Aki had a video where the wipe board in the background was talking about a marketing strategy. The meeting was also with the guy that runs the PS blogs that usually announces release dates.

Cory Baker had a "10 years later" tweet where he had his characters from FF and his character from DS with a "2019?" at the end.

They're currently localising it with the Japanese VA, which from what I understand is usually during the end stages of development.

Conan recently filmed something at Kojima Productions relating to DS and it's still embargoed. I don't imagine he'd film something only to keep it under wraps for a year.

I'd be very surprised if despite all this the game was still +1 year away from release.

Last edited:

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Yeah, I'm not believing any of the Death Stranding rumors. 2019 just seems way too early.

AAA new IP that's ridiculously ambitious? Early 2021 I'm thinking.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Yeah, I'm not believing any of the Death Stranding rumors. 2019 just seems way too early.

AAA new IP that's ridiculously ambitious? Early 2021 I'm thinking.
Kojima didn't have to build an engine from the ground up since he was gifted the Decima engine. And when you pair that with the fact that Playstation execs said they've never seen a game being made this quickly, it won't really shock me if it's this year. And there's so much scuttlebutt about a 2019 release that it's hard to ignore.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy

tenor.gif

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
There's been at least 4 or 5 threads in the past 2 weeks who's thread title read like fan fiction, its easy to tell because they all have the word "RUMOR" in front of them, i wouldn't even click on those.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Well, they don't need to do an event to announce release dates from any upcoming games. A PS Blog Post with a new trailer will already do the job.

Off couse, A 15~30 minute livestream like Nintendo Directs would be nice to see, but I don' believe Sony will adopt this method.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TLoU2: February 2020
Ghosts: Holiday 2020
Death Stranding: 2021 cross-platform PS4/PS5 launch title

Horizon 2: PS5 within a year of launch

You is cray cray.

I think:

Death Stranding late 2019
TLOU2 Summer 2020
Tsushima... I have no idea, it feels the furthest away, maybe nearer the PS5 release next year.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When it comes to the PS5 release date I have just 1 wish: simultaneous launch worldwide. As an European it fucking hurt seeing Americans get the PS4 2 weeks earlier :p

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Sony need only drop that Horizon 2 trailer for all to be right in the world. And you know that's the first game getting revealed with the PS5.

Humam

Oct 25, 2017
They had a premise that was on the level of Assassin's Creed in terms of being able to jump from one historical setting to the next.
Sony is literally sitting on a goldmine.
I can see sucker punch doing that if Ghost of Tsushima is successful they could do a Ghost of "some other place that is being invaded". Different time period and location without them being connected.

Last edited:

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us PII is coming this year, and I have a undeniable proof for that: I had a dream last night that the game is basically complete and they are just waiting for Days Gone to release to start the marketing campaign.

There, can't argue with that.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So this is pretty cool, Nintendo apparently has a survey now on their website and look which game is listed under RPGs:
image0.png

Nintendo acknowledges horizon haha.
thanks to Renfran for finding this.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The Last of Us PII is coming this year, and I have a undeniable proof for that: I had a dream last night that the game is basically complete and they are just waiting for Days Gone to release to start the marketing campaign.

There, can't argue with that.
Dreams are only 1 step below official announcement for me, so I'm going to go pre-order right now. Thanks for the info!

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Why? If they somehow announce PS5 with BC at PSX in December we'll all know we can play It on the PS5?

Doesn't really matter where you play it as long it's on a Sony machine, ps4 is hitting 100m soon enough

Announcing, "hey, these will be cross platform to next gen?" I just think some would have poor tastes in their mouth given how long we've known about these games.

Im not saying that's the best reaction, I just think some folks would look back on Sony and the way they marketed the PS4 with those games more critically if they did such a thing.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Announcing, "hey, these will be cross platform to next gen?" I just think some would have poor tastes in their mouth given how long we've known about these games.

Im not saying that's the best reaction, I just think some folks would look back on Sony and the way they marketed the PS4 with those games more critically if they did such a thing.

If those games were PS5 exclusive that would be a very bad look, but making them for PS4/PS5 erases any issue.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
PS Blog was getting a makeover. Did they finish that or say when it'd be done?

Tis my current speculation on the next slate of announcements from Sony. Though expecting them to talk to combat Microsoft controlled leaks feels far fetched.

If those games were PS5 exclusive that would be a very bad look, but making them for PS4/PS5 erases any issue.

Again, I'm not saying I have a problem with it. Just feel like some folks may.

Status
Not open for further replies.