• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I'm starting to wonder if they're just going to be quiet until after Days Gone launches. That seems to be where their marketing focus is at the moment (along with Dreams being sprinkled in).
Seems natural to put their focus right now in those games. I'm sure after DG is released we will see marketing for other games from them.

Ellie & Sam Porter are on their way to a very special destination. Looks like Jin Sakai couldn't make the trip tho....
giphy.gif

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sony showing both games at Destination Playstation? Hope this poster really is an insider.
i dont know about him being an insider, but it is a fact that both kojima productions and ND developers went to HQ a few weeks ago, so the likely conclusion is they gave sony a trailer for destination playstation, which either happened or should be happening in a few days (or maybe is happening now! anyway it is sometime in february). if they really did give out a trailer for this event then both games are releasing this year or very early next year.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
i dont know about him being an insider, but it is a fact that both kojima productions and ND developers went to HQ a few weeks ago, so the likely conclusion is they gave sony a trailer for destination playstation, which either happened or should be happening in a few days (or maybe is happening now! anyway it is sometime in february). if they really did give out a trailer for this event then both games are releasing this year or very early next year.

What do you guys mean by destination PlayStation? Like a direct or an internal first party meeeting?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
What do you guys mean by destination PlayStation? Like a direct or an internal first party meeeting?
destination Playstation is a retail event where Sony informs retailers about the upcoming games of this year. They also have trailers there for upcoming games. I am not 100% sure of this, but I think project beast trailer leaked out of that event.

EDIT: okay i was wrong about project beast as nightengale said below, sorry.

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Project Beast leaked out of 4chan, there's nothing that substantiates it being out of Destination PlayStation.

That being said, as other has expressed, it's a retail-partners-only closed event which Sony host every year, basically bringing together both 3rd-party publishers and retailers in a fancy event to do networking, showcase stuff that's upcoming for the year, etc etc.

Stuff that's been shown or leaked out of DP before are basically minor details on that year's Call of Duty, RDR2 trailer deets, etc. Leaks and details from DP are far and few between, so one can't expect much.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Project Beast leaked out of 4chan, there's nothing that substantiates it being out of Destination PlayStation.

That being said, as other has expressed, it's a retail-partners-only closed event which Sony host every year, basically bringing together both 3rd-party publishers and retailers in a fancy event to do networking, showcase stuff that's upcoming for the year, etc etc.

Stuff that's been shown or leaked out of DP before are basically minor details on that year's Call of Duty, RDR2 trailer deets, etc. Leaks and details from DP are far and few between, so one can't expect much.

Ah that event the guy from GameStop usually leaked stuff from.

Completely forgot about that event since it's closed doors

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

So you saying there is a chance...

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I don't mind detail leaks of big 3's future trailers as I don't mind spoilers my self...

Heck, as might as well some story/gameplay rumors of them, from 4ch even/elsewhere.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Guerrilla Games
1 h ·
We're looking for experienced Game Programmers! Is fluency in C++, experience in multi threaded programming and passion for games something that profiles you? then send us your application including a code sample to show us what you got!

Senior Game Programmer? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
First party-wise, 2019 could really live up to the standard 2017 and 2018 have set if TLoU2 and Death Stranding make it to market this year.
Is still hard for me to believe DS is this year. It's a brand new studio, new IP and in 2017 Kojima was still looking for an engine. Edit: I stand corrected. Looks like he picked the engine mid 2016

Last edited:

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Is still hard for me to believe DS is this year. It's a brand new studio, new IP and in 2017 Kojima was still looking for an engine.

Well, I don't think either one out of TLoU2, DS and GoT is locked for 2019. But I wouldn't be surprised if they all aim for 2019, but rather than announcing a 2019 date and maybe having to delay the titles, Sony chose not to announce dates far in advance and take a wait and see approach.
But the communication around DS and TLoU2 kinda makes me think they are still on track for 2019. But should it become clear that they need more time in the oven it would always be pushed back to 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Is still hard for me to believe DS is this year. It's a brand new studio, new IP and in 2017 Kojima was still looking for an engine. Edit: I stand corrected. Looks like he picked the engine mid 2016

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. It's an open world new IP and despite being 'given' Decima to use, they will still need some time to learn it and develop certain tools. I know there's all the rumours about development being fast and Kojima jet-setting around to show it off to everyone, but it still feels oddly fast for a completely new AAA game. The things working in their favour are that A) KojiPro is essentially an established team who has been working together a long time, and B) I expect that some form of pre-production has existed on this game for years, whether that's stuff Kojima had in his head, elements they took from Silent Hills or something that was being worked on as a side project. I don't think he wanted to keep working on MGS and conceptually he's had Death Stranding in his head for a long time.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
The biggest irony of the frickin year will be if the game that moved from February is actually successful critically and commercially. (Days Gone)

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Well, I don't think either one out of TLoU2, DS and GoT is locked for 2019. But I wouldn't be surprised if they all aim for 2019, but rather than announcing a 2019 date and maybe having to delay the titles, Sony chose not to announce dates far in advance and take a wait and see approach.
But the communication around DS and TLoU2 kinda makes me think they are still on track for 2019. But should it become clear that they need more time in the oven it would always be pushed back to 2020.
Kojima revealed the game in E3 2016 by a real-time teaser that has been built with Decima engine!

Deleted member 11479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest irony of the frickin year will be if the game that moved from February is actually successful critically and commercially. (Days Gone)
I fail to see the irony. It simply follows what Sony has done basically this whole generation. Bloodborne was delayed from early February to late March 2015, Uncharted 4 was delayed from March to May 2016, God of War was announced for "early 2018" but was released 20th April (which I don't consider early).

madmisterf

Oct 26, 2017
If we are getting something before PSX I bet they'll announce it after Days Gone releases.

I wouldn't be so sure PSX is happening this year... I was convinced they canceled E3 to hold their own event instead, but Shawn confirmed that it was to avoid showing the same games again.

I would love to get at least one conference this year (it wouldn't have bothered me one bit if they showed up at E3 with nothing new), but realistically they don't need to have a big showcase before the next Playstation meeting. They can post trailers on Youtube throughout the year and announce release dates on their blog.

Logan Hardy

Dec 26, 2018
I fail to see the irony. It simply follows what Sony has done basically this whole generation. Bloodborne was delayed from early February to late March 2015, Uncharted 4 was delayed from March to May 2016, God of War was announced for "early 2018" but was released 20th April (which I don't consider early).
Well the irony being that all the February games are getting thrashed and Days gone was also gonna release in February but moved to April .( Which was a smart decision by Sony for the game)

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
March is pretty stacked in terms of third party to carry them through (Sekiro, DMC5, Left Alive, Division 2). Days Gone in April. Man I am excited to hear what they have planned for next gen when they finally decide to spill the beans on that stuff.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
This might be complete coincidence, but is it me or after the news of MS games going multi platform the all "Sony must buy more studios" conversation in this thread ended?

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
C'mon Sony, it's nearly March, we NEED something!

Now is the start for Days Gone marketing and also for Dreams.

March 6th will be interesting because we will see lots of deeper Days Gone previews.
After that, I am curious for a Dreams Early Access date.

But I would not expect any other big news until Days Gone launch.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
If it reviews in the same ballpark then sure. Will Days Gone rate as highly as Horizon? Ehhhhhh.
Not about to make any prediction or comparison but I've heard genuine surprise from more than one person on separate occasions over the last couple weeks on how it's shaping up. In a good way.

Whether that translates to final experience overall, I've no idea!

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Not about to make any prediction or comparison but I've heard genuine surprise from more than one person on separate occasions over the last couple weeks on how it's shaping up. In a good way.

Whether that translates to final experience overall, I've no idea!
heck yea! game is going to be much bettter than most on era expect, it will deliver, i can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.