• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
0lR5Ult.jpg
Yeah that doesn't look cyberpunk or sci fi to me. That looks like some throwaway supernatural stuff. I personally don't think that would benefit Guerrilla's developmental strengths. I know that was a concept that they were prototyping at one point but I'm glad that Horizon won out. This game would've probably got Guerrilla shuttered.

What I'm envisioning is a cross between Ghost in the Shell, Blade Runner and Akira. Maybe with some Jin-roh thrown in.

Last edited:

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017
Thats no small position. Is he expanding the team or is he coming in as a replacement? SSM has hired a lot of people for their important roles. Are they expanding one team or making second one? What do you think?

Given the fact several game designers left the studio recently (Mark Nguyen joined Respawn for instance, Dean Rymer moved to Austin to join Bioware and Derek Daniels seems to have taken a good break for now) i'm inclined to say he's coming in as a replacement. If you look at their current job openings though, one thing you'll notice is that they have - for the first time ever - very specific designer openings (progression designer, encounter designers, another manager game design etc.) listed. This could either mean they are expanding their core development team OR they are really expanding into two teams as i noticed the following almost a year ago:

s6AOtvc.jpg

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...ios-projects-ot2.48452/page-216#post-13795607
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so...spree-possibly-working-on-two-projects.74923/

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I'm currently playing through Gravity Rush 2 and it really bums me out that we may never get a GR3 😔.

I would love for Sony to give Gravity Rush a AAA budget. The spectacle of GR2 is already amazing, but just imagine what could be done with Uncharteds budget.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt TLoU will come to an end after Part II. If you listen to ND talk about it they're really passionate about that series. With that said, I do think it's going to be one of those rare once a generation franchises. Before PII was announced, Neil would talk about how it would only happen once they had the right story to tell. And I think that's going to be coupled with them wanting their tech to be at the highest level for that story. So i'd expect their next game to be a new IP (unless they do want to go back to Jak).

Oct 25, 2017
Expecting a new IP from ND as well.

shut up, Sanji

I'm currently playing through Gravity Rush 2 and it really bums me out that we may never get a GR3 😔.

I would love for Sony to give Gravity Rush a AAA budget. The spectacle of GR2 is already amazing, but just imagine what could be done with Uncharteds budget.
I like you.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I doubt TLoU will come to an end after Part II. If you listen to ND talk about it they're really passionate about that series. With that said, I do think it's going to be one of those rare once a generation franchises. Before PII was announced, Neil would talk about how it would only happen once they had the right story to tell. And I think that's going to be coupled with them wanting their tech to be at the highest level for that story. So i'd expect their next game to be a new IP (unless they do want to go back to Jak).
There's no way they go bk to Jak imo, I can't see Neil wanting to do that. It's new IPs from here on out for ND imo (once they're done with TLOU that is).

XB1NH0

Dec 7, 2017

This IP is tottally underrated. I platinumed the remastered and I'll do it again in GR2. It's a shame we won't see a new game in the franchise

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
ND can only do Jak 4

that is the only right answer

"bu but what about those who want another third person Uncharted/TLOU like game from ND, they are invested in the company, it wouldn't be fair to them and..."

we waited, you can wait too

lol sorry not sorry

Edit: I'd be fine if a AAA Ape Escape reboot was made by Japan Studio as a replacement

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Did Sony ever put GR Remastered and/or GR2 on PS+?

they should, make it a double whammy with both games for any month of this year before 2020 hits and things get too busy and out of focus

maybe have it release on PS+ during a luke warm month release wise so people at least have some incentive to try them

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
There's no way they go bk to Jak imo, I can't see Neil wanting to do that. It's new IPs from here on out for ND imo (once they're done with TLOU that is).
Neil can show he can make a compelling story without the violence or sad tone with Jak. It's the true difference between someone who's good and someone who's great.

Oct 27, 2017
ND can only do Jak 4

that is the only right answer

"bu but what about those who want another third person Uncharted/TLOU like game from ND, they are invested in the company, it wouldn't be fair to them and..."

we waited, you can wait too

lol sorry not sorry

Edit: I'd be fine if a AAA Ape Escape reboot was made by Japan Studio as a replacement

Why can't we have Jak 1-3 remake. It will be amazing

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Part II would be so dark, Naughty Dog ought to comeback to lighter tone in story for future games...

I want a genuine comedy story; too many serious shit in games these days.

Kazuma Kiryu

Oct 28, 2017

God, GR2 is a mess. The camera is awful, there's constant trial and error missions...jesus, it was a letdown.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
A space/sci-fi ND is a dream (whether hard sci-fi or something lighter), but pls don't let it be Savage Starlight.

Let that be just a fun fictional TLOU in-universe show. I really don't think they would make a game out of it, though.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The game is an absolute blast. One of my most treasured platinums by far.

I think Sony marketed this game wrong. Another release window would have perhaps served this game better in my humble opinion.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I'm all in for a RPG in space by Naughty Dog.. Someone has to take that over from Bioware.
Yeah, I really want to see ND branch out, it's been a long time that they've been making TPS games (as different as those two IPs are), so I can see them wanting something new. An RPG would be really interesting. I wonder what new ideas Bruce and Neil might have been thinking on before they (well, Neil? As Bruce decided to part ways after U4) settled on Part 2.

Also, not asking for an open world game, but it'd be cool if they can take that route they've been one (their games are increasingly featuring bigger areas and even some form of backtracking or at least non-rushed exploration) and double down on it.

Something similar to what GoW did last year (in terms of philosophy, not asking for a copy of that).

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I really want to see ND branch out, it's been a long time that they've been making TPS games (as different as those two IPs are), so I can see them wanting something new. An RPG would be really interesting. I wonder what new ideas Bruce and Neil might have been thinking on before they (well, Neil? As Bruce decided to part ways after U4) settled on Part 2.

Also, not asking for an open world game, but it'd be cool if they can take that route they've been one (their games are increasingly featuring bigger areas and even some form of backtracking or at least non-rushed exploration) and double down on it.

Something similar to what GoW did last year (in terms of philosophy, not asking for a copy of that).
Shit I am lol

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Neil can show he can make a compelling story without the violence or sad tone with Jak. It's the true difference between someone who's good and someone who's great.
Are you kidding? What is this logic even even! He likes to tell a story with violence and sad tone, and he's the best at it. He doesn't have to tell a story in a world that he isn't passionate about to prove something! And I hope they never go back to making games like Jak, like ever.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

A semi open world as in God of War, I get ya...

I would love to see a space RPG from ND and they do have the team to deliver. something to surpass Mass Effect.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah anything sci-fi from Naughty Dog would be really amazing, TPS shooter or RPG 3rd person

With their secret casting, I think they are in pre-production with a small team

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
The game is an absolute blast. One of my most treasured platinums by far.

I think Sony marketed this game wrong. Another release window would have perhaps served this game better in my humble opinion.
Nah, GR2 is IMO a sad case of bigger/not better. It improved controls from the previous game but the flow was shredded and some of the missions were really annoying. Having solid gameplay is the bread and butter of all games but there's something to be said about pacing and overall design. The story was mysterious but concise in the first one, and I was bored to tears with part 2. I'll go back and finish because I know it has a slow start and gets under its feet but that first impression counts for a lot. Gravity Rush is the type of game you just need to start playing right away, it should be equivalent to how MARIO games start, minimal story get right into the mechanics. If you look at reviews even no one trashed the game, it's got good critical reception. It's just not a good package IMO, devs lost focus in directing. GR is best when the story is minimalist and concise, just work on then gsmeplay. For example an easy way to improve from the first would've been 60fps with all the new mechanics. Instead they want to start you out collecting samples with two stupid characters in suits.

hubertuss03

Banned
Oct 9, 2018
Sony open studio new studio in Europe (Manchester Studio) and probably new studio in America (Quentin Cobb).
Oh, and PixelOpus.
I wonder if they open new studio in Japan/Asia. What do you think?

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Which one of Sony's "big 3" do you think are coming out this year?

If you listen to users on here it sounds like people think none of them are coming out this year. Whenever anyone of them gets brought up it's always "Lmao, you think we'll see X in 2019? Hahaha, it's 2020 and cross release with PS5". Seems like an insanely ignorant stance in my opinion. I'm 100% certain at least one is coming out this year. I'm 50:50 as to whether it's 2.

Personally I thought it'd be Death Stranding because of the Days Gone factor and with TLoU I being the swansong for PS3. I thought Sony wouldn't want to release two zombie type games in succession and so Death Stranding would sort of act as the buffer. And with all the little pieces about Death Stranding we've been hearing I thought it was likely. But I'm not sure now with the "leaks" we've had since Destination Playstation. Seems increasingly likely that TLoU II will be out this years in October (?).

TLDR: I think it's between Death Stranding and TLoU II. I've recently started leaning towards TLoU II (55:45). I also think there's a small chances that both could release this year.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
My predictions:

The Last Of Us Pt II - Sept 26th, 2019.
Death Stranding - Feb 28th, 2020.
Ghost of Tsushima - June 12th, 2020.

Also I believe that we get a TLOU side game for PS5 within 18 months of launch.
Yeah I generally agree with this. I think we will get Death Stranding and TLoU 2 in some order by Q1 2020 with Ghost being the PS5 swansong.

I like that theory about a TLoU side game. Sort of like The Lost Legacy, a more flesh out Left Behind.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I still don't know how people find any indications that even one of those comes out in 2019.
There's actually plenty of "indications", just whether you choose to give them merit or not.

Big thing is i think it's based off the common consensus that PS5 is coming in 2020. If that does happen it's verging on impossible Sony are going to release all of their self confessed "big 3", the PS5 and PS5 launch games all in 2020. And leave 2019 with what? Days Gone, a Dreams creator early access and a remake of a cult PS1 game in Medievil? It's way too front loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.