• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
We see franchises get handed over to different developers all the time, it often results in large drops in both critical and commercial success. (Gears of War Judgement and Arkham Origins are probably the two best examples that come to mind). And keep in mind those were massively popular IP.
While Golden Abyss wasn't up to the standards the mainline games reached I'd say it was just as good if not better than the first. They did an impressive job of getting Uncharted on a portable.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Uncharted can never really be rebooted I don't think. Or at least there isn't a good reason to. You can place it in different time periods and everything and there's no fundamental damage to the story that's been done that needs a refitting or anything.

If you're rebooting it with the name, the entire point would basically be to create an entirely new game and that's not really needed in this respect.

How do you make a new entry then? Well, i'd make it a comedy about a young intrepid hothead going to explore the world's lost treasures only to find Nate has blown them all up.

So, finally, to stand higher than Nate's ghost they've been chasing for years, they go for the mother of all treasure and runs to search for the Holy Grail and that's where the adventure starts.

Closing of the game has them run into another in search of the same piece of history. You're running through with them as you help each other and out.

Upon the closing credits and everything winds down, you ask them what's their name and they reply, my friends call me Cass. ;)

...And then you're both dropped onto an island with 98 other men and only one can survive!

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
open world is bot the answer to everything. Also hurts one of the best things about the franchise, pacing.

Then metroidvania style? And I think pacing could be alright, if you close the open world loop in urgent plotpoints. Horizon did a good job to lead you through the missions, if that was your focus. But I did not like the way marker and hud implementation, it was too obvious and disturbed my immersion. Had to deactivat it.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
Why? It's much better than Naughty Dog being forced to continue the series. And such a new team might just use an Uncharted instalment to prove themselves before maybe making their own new IP as next game.

why they should continue the series when the series is already end
they should make new IP or sequel to IP that deserve that never get end it

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
All the people here that are worried about a new uncharted team are aware this team is made of a lot of ex ND developers right?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I know i'm in the minority, but I would be more hyped for a new Infamous game.
source.gif

I love all of the Infamous, including Second Son and First Light ( I know some of you are not a fan of those two games )

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Let them make a new IP
Uncharted is finished - let it rest for a while

Savage Starlight (if this becomes real) may be a FPS: https://www.dualshockers.com/last-us-part-ii-director-next-naughty-dog-game-might-not-third-person/

And I really don't want such watsed power fo PS5 to not render an amazing looking main character during gameplay (they will mostly render him in cutscenes but not in gameplay wich isn't enough). So better keep Uncharted and TLOU alaive if they want to kick FPS for PS5 tbh. I really want to see what they can do on PS5 in full glory.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Not many exclusives for the rest of the generation ?

What are you talking ??

Well compared to last years, not so many First Party AAA games are left. Remind me, if I forgot some.
How many tbh?
Days Gone
Dreams
Ghost Of Tsushima
TLOU2

And those games may all release this year or some may not so dividing them on 2 years will make the number even smaller.

With Death Stranding, Kojima could become the only star especially if his game releases much later than those games like 2020 or beyond.

Next GOW may or may not be on PS4. I will happen but we aren't sure whether on PS4 or PS5.

Let's not deny that most First Party studios now are focusing on PS5 games which is logical and they need a quite some time to prepare the games before the console launch.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
All the people here that are worried about a new uncharted team are aware this team is made of a lot of ex ND developers right?
Interestingly the new studios games director and lead game designer are renowned fighting game devs, will be interesting if what they working on is Uncharted. Definitely doesn't on the face of it seem like a traditional entry.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Well compared to last years, not so many First Party AAA games are left. Remind me, if I forgot some.
How many tbh?
Days Gone
Dreams
Ghost Of Tsushima
TLOU2

With Death Stranding, Kojima could become the only star especially if his game reelases much later than thsoe games like 2020 or beyond.

Next GOW may or may not be on PS4. I will happen but we aren't sure whether on PS4 or PS5.

5 big 1st party games are not much ?
Also smaller 1st party stuff like Concrete Genie, MediEvil remake or some VR games like Blood & Truth, Everybody's Golf VR.

And promising 3rd party exclusives like two Granblue Fantasy games, Project Awakening, Babylon's Fall, Judgment etc...

Imo that's amazing for the rest of the gen !

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
How many tbh?
Days Gone
Dreams
Ghost Of Tsushima
TLOU2

And those games may all release this year or some may not so dividing them on 2 years will make the number even smaller.

With Death Stranding, Kojima could become the only star especially if his game releases much later than those games like 2020 or beyond.

Let's not deny that most First Party studios now are focusing on PS5 games which is logical and they need a quite some time to prepare the games before the console launch.

Next God of war. Won't be anywhere near ps4, are you high, lol 😂? It' just came out last year

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017

I'm not worried at all & I'm actually don't mind if the new studio really is making new Uncharted.

But only if the new game brings something new to the game...

Don't be same old-same old.

Evolve, create something new, and innovate it.

Why do you think that this new game by this San Diego Studio 2 is Uncharted?

Mostly assumptions and/or rumors.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Bend Studio: Uncharted Golden Abyss -> Day's Gone

Sony San Diego 2: Uncharted XYZ -> _______
Probably that was plan also for Naughty Dog after Uncharted 4 but the game sold +10 millions.

Maybe Sony and the new San Diego studio will face the same "problem" again if the new Uncharted game will sale +10 millions.

Uncharted really has to continue with Cassie. It's the only logical conclusion after the events in 4.
Yeah, I would love that.

I know i'm in the minority, but I would be more hyped for a new Infamous game.
I love the Infamous franchise and the effects would be even more crazy on PlayStation 5 but having said that I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima.

Sucker Punch is creating something special.

Probably the plan is to work on Ghost of Tsushima for some years. Then I also hope to come back for a new Infamous game. This franchise has so many options for new games.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
5 big 1st party games are not much ?
Also smaller 1st party stuff like Concrete Genie, MediEvil remake or some VR games like Blood & Truth, Everybody's Golf VR.

And promising 3rd party exclusives like two Granble Fantasy games, Project Awakening, Babylon's Fall etc...

Imo that's amazing for thd rest of the gen.

4 games. Death Stranding can not even be called First Party games but moslty Second Party game like Insomniac games and Quantic Dream games (no longer now, sicne they will become thrid party multiplatform company).

Read my full post above. I clarified it well. i highlighted AAA exclusive games on PS4 and those games may all release this year or some may not so dividing them on 2 years will make the number even smaller.

You can mention the smaller games and all third party game and even PS5 games to bloat the number but this is not the reality tbh. There is a clear truth that the focus now is on PS5 games from the major AAA First Party studios which is understandable.

Next God of war. Won't be anywhere near ps4, are you high, lol 😂? It' just came out last year

I said this multiple times, the trend of GOW games is to release 2 games per PlayStation platform and the second GOW has a habit of releasing either after the release of a next-gen consoel on the last-gen console or near its release so i' won't be a problem seeing next GOW releasing in 2021 when the PS5 is released or near release since they have the engine, the assets, the core gameplay and story ready for it. It will be much easier than developing the first game of each generation. so who knows. Unless they deem the concept for the next game not possible on PS4 hardware.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
4 games. Death Stranding can not even be called First Party games but moslty Second Party game like Insomniac games and Quantic Dream games (no longer now, sicne they will become thrid party multiplatform company).

Read my full post above. I clarified it well. i highlighted AAA exclusive games on PS4 and those games may all release this year or some may not so dividing them on 2 years will make the number even smaller.

You can mention the smaller games and all third party game and even PS5 games to bloat the number but this is not the reality tbh. There is a clear truth that the focus now is on PS5 games from the major AAA First Party studios which is understandable.

Tbh I don't care if it's first or second party because PS4 will be the only platform where I can play DS and that's all what counts.
And you wrote something about Kojima is becoming the big star but imo Tlou2 is the big PS4 star for the rest of the gen.

And what is not the reality when I call smaller games or 3rd exclusives ?
The clear truth is that Sony has a lot of PS4 games in development...

However imo the rest of the gen lineup is amazing :)

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh I don't care if it's first or second party because PS4 will be the only platform where I can play DS and that's all what counts.
And you wrote something about Kojima is becoming the big star but imo Tlou2 is the big PS4 star for the rest of the gen.

However imo the rest of the gen lineup is amazing :)

Well it depends, imo Death Stranding will win GOTY regardless if it releases in the same year of TLOU2 or not. But yeah I agree that the last games of this gen will be great.

Naughty Dog had a trend of creating a new IP on each generation, until they didn't.

Hey buddy I am talking about GOW here not ND. Also Kojima has a trend of making MGS games most of the times. Oh wait.. :p

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I love the Infamous franchise and the effects would be even more crazy on PlayStation 5 but having said that I can't wait for Ghost of Tsushima.

Sucker Punch is creating something special.

Probably the plan is to work on Ghost of Tsushima for some years. Then I also hope to come back for a new Infamous game. This franchise has so many options for new games.
I was thinking other studio picking the franchise and see what they could do with it. Ifamous 3 would be hype for me

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
UC needs a change,maybe open world?
Yeah. I usually prefer non-open world games, but after UC4 I can't imagine being excited yet another Uncharted game if it's more or less traditional UC title. If there is actually studio developing next-gen Uncharted game then I wish the team is shaking the formula in the similar way as SMS did with God of War.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
why they should continue the series when the series is already end
they should make new IP or sequel to IP that deserve that never get end it

Cause it's Uncharted? What other Sony IP outside God of War & Horizon if given a sequel that can be as big as a safe bet with a New Uncharted + PS5 Bundle?

Sony has plenty of studios they can go to for a new ip that would be a much safer option, but for continuing an existing ip especially if it's Uncharted?

Setting up a new studio with some Naughty Dog experience on the team seems like a good way to go about it.

Now, would I be excited for another Uncharted? IDK, but I'd assume there has to be vision there worth exploring & investing than simply more Uncharted.

Roland

Oct 28, 2017
For me Uncharted ran it's course, even if they would continue with the franchise using Drake's daughter as a main character. I hope the new studio is going to work on something fresh, maybe even a reboot of the same IP in the veins of God of War. Give me sci-fi Uncharted and keep it action adventure without RPG elements. There's a lot of uncharted territory and treasure of old to be found in new worlds full of exotic flora and fauna. Make it 90-esque for the plasma guns, new set of characters and let your imagination run wild.

If there's a lot of ex-ND employees there, it would be a nice change of pace for them as well. Burn out is real, and this would give them a chance to work on something fresh while keeping the IP.

Mani

Jan 14, 2018
London
Having Cassie as the protagonist would be an antithesis to UC4's ending. The whole point was for Drake to realise what's important in his life and how his obsession for treasures nearly destroyed his life. They are not going to rinse and repeat the same thing with Nate's daughter.
Nate and his family are done for life-risking adventures.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Having Cassie as the protagonist would be an antithesis to UC4's ending. The whole point was for Drake to realise what's important in his life and how his obsession for treasures nearly destroyed his life. They are not going to rinse and repeat the same thing with Nate's daughter.
Nate and his family are done for life-risking adventures.

That's your point of view !
Because if I remembered well, in the epilogue, we saw that Nate & Elena still doing researches, their wall is full of articles of them finding several things, there is an artefact on the desk with a part of the room where there are maps

Even if these were not life-risking adventures, we could totally see Cassie having its own adventures when she grows up
And the fact that Nate & Elena finally told their adventures to Cassie could mean that unconsciously they wanted to share their stories with their daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.