• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Best title won
Welp, time for y'all to start your daily complaining about Sony not buying studios or making a AAA JRPG!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So they have a AAA JRPG in development? Not sure why anyone would complain daily about buying studios though.
No, I meant neither making a AAA JRPG nor buying studios
And there are some people that feel like Sony can fill gaps in their lineup by buying studios, can't name these people off the top of my head, but they were in the last thread

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Funny title. I'm surprised it was allowed.

Skipping OT3 for OT4? That just makes the PlayStation brand looking more popular on Era than it actually is.

Are you saying it doesn't deserve that title? lol

Back on gaf and earlier on this site these threads moved faster than currently. Blame it on multiple games being released and people worrying about what others are doing.

Nagito

Oct 25, 2017
The windy city
Sly-test-v3-1920x700.jpg
They must be braking canon because bentley has 3 arms in that picture.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if this is known already but there's a free dynamic Last of Us part 2 theme on the EU Playstation store.

The sound of crackling fire and thunder is pretty soothing

ajcacio

Mar 6, 2018
Nice OT also Technicolor is working on a Sly Cooper TV series episodes 1-26 are set to launch in October 2019, while numbers 27-52 have a debut date of July 2020 each episode is 11 minutes. I'm hoping PlayStation will also launch a new game with it as well whether it be Sly 5 or one based on the animated series.

I'm not a huge fan of the TV show designs but (obviously) I will take anything that remotely resembles a new Sly Cooper game...

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
A Ghost of Tsushima demo for the holidays would really make me happy.

I wanna see how good SP's open-world implementation is~~~

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
any rumblings on the socom IP?? still in limbo or is sony thinking up a way to use it to get into BR?

DeathyG

Oct 27, 2017
NW Indiana
Hopes for 2019:

At least one of the remaining big 3 comes out. Ghost of Tsushima hopefully, love me some Sucker Punch and it's going on 5 years now since their last.

Bring back Sly and Jak in a big way. All the success that Crash/Spyro is bringing Activision has to be putting ideas in their heads. I want Ratchet too, but Insomniac is obviously hard at work on a certain next-gen sequel.

Continue to improve PS Now. 2018 was a good year for it, but there is a ton more they can do for the service.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Hopes for 2019:

At least one of the remaining big 3 comes out. Ghost of Tsushima hopefully, love me some Sucker Punch and it's going on 5 years now since their last.

Bring back Sly and Jak in a big way. All the success that Crash/Spyro is bringing Activision has to be putting ideas in their heads. I want Ratchet too, but Insomniac is obviously hard at work on a certain next-gen sequel.

Continue to improve PS Now. 2018 was a good year for it, but there is a ton more they can do for the service.
Unfortunately for you, I think Ghost is the one that is most likely to be 2020. Death Stranding looks increasingly likely to be the 2019 game of the big three. I'll take what I can get though, I just want at least one in 2019.

If I'm not mistaken, Insomniac has a secondary team that could be working on a Ratchet sequel for next gen's launch. That would be glorious.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
The fact that we know it's already being localized and that the Sony execs have expressed surprise at how fast the game is being made. I could definitely be wrong (Part II is my most anticipated game, so I want it first) but I'm just keeping my expectations in check. What's weird about DS is that we know so little about it that it could be 2019 or late 2020 we have absolutely no clue lol. It's an enigma. I just hope we can narrow down the dates at some point next year.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a Sony Santa Monica/God of war link/comment in your Guerilla games section. The one in your second post. Also the last link in your SSM section doesn't work (at least for me)

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
As ElliesKnife mentioned, we know it's being localised, and it's has been made at a particularly fast pace already. The only snag in development has been SAG-AFTRA strike that meant there could be no voice acting or mocap done for about a year, but Troy Baker has finished recording, Norman Reedus was finishing his last 3 mocap sessions about a week ago, and now they are full steam ahead with the Japanese localisation and voice acting. KojiPro has just hired a new Head of Marketing & Communications, who accompanied Kojima and Reedus to NYC to get insight into the game and that speaks to me as though they are getting ready to market the game early in the new year. Reedus also thinks that the game is in a state of readiness that it could be released in early 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.