• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
You know Sony proper has a grip on Spider Man, right? That's like, the only way we got that game as an exclusive.

Lol again with that bs? It's been thoroughly explained, both on era and outside of it, like the podcasts with Bryan Intahar on Kinda Funny and IGN

Jesus dude.

Marvel license Spider-Man film rights to Sony Pictures, Marvel buyout by Disney, Sony still produces Spider-Man films and eventually partners with Disney to integrate him into the MCU. Simultaneously Activision loses the game rights. Disney is obviously gonna throw it at the feet of the partner who also runs a successful video game business and already has some stake in the Spider-Man. If you think it is some kind of coincidence that Sony got the exclusove rights to produce Spider-Man games then I'm sorry bud, that's just not likely.

There is absolutely no reason another Marvel IP would become an exlcusive, let alone be produced by SIE.

Watch amd learn:
https://youtu.be/xoP_lwh8070

Last edited:

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SolidSnakex Can you find a link to the commercial? I'd absolutely love me some new Sly, and I really think Sanzaru did a great job with TiT. I remember a rumor on GAF about 3 years ago saying a new Sly was coming, and I could see it being this year.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think they needed to have done Sunset in order for Sony to choose them as the development house on a Disney/Marvel IP. I think they were the obvious choice outside of Sucker Punch for using a Disney/Marvel property.

Sony has an existing relationship with Insomniac, Knows what they're capable of within graphics, traversal, creativity, and their knowledge of the PS4 hardware. I don't think the decision of which developer house took very long to come to based on timing and WWS availability/ability to make the kind of game a Disney/Marvel game would need to be.
No, but they had never made an open world game before. We know from a tech standpoint that Spider-Man is built on the foundations of Sunset. Sunset also showed that they could venture into genres they were not initially familiar with.
Lol again with that bs? It's been thoroughly explained, both on era and outside of it, like the podcasts with Bryan Intahar on Kinda Funny and IGN
The irony being that we have already hashed this out and you feel the need to start the conversation again.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
No, but they had never made an open world game before. We know from a tech standpoint that Spider-Man is built on the foundations of Sunset,

The irony being that we have already hashed this out and you feel the need to start the conversation again.

So you already realized how mistaken you were...good, but, what's ironic about that? :P

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
So you already realized how mistaken you were...good, but, what's ironic about that? :P
Nope, my statement still stands in the sense that we don't know all of the business arrangements and when it comes to business I don't believe in coincidences. My point was you felt the need to restart the convo by starting off with "not this again," something I can easily state in this situation to you.

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO, ok I don't want to name him, but that guy is claiming that Sony is developing the next SOCOM game which he is calling a rumor. The name starts with a "T." So, take it with a grain of salt.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
well we dont know they will never do that. i think it is a better trade off than releasing with the next xbox and during election ad time. it will be so much more useful for sony to release earlier, also, we see lately third parties start to release games in Q1 rather than Q4, maybe by releasing the PS5 in early 2020 even more games will move to that time.

It depends on the pipeline. I don't know if CoD 2019 is being developed for PS5 so while you could delay it you likely could not push CoD 2020 up, or the next AC or Battlefront. I guess you could do a Q4 launch it would just be odd everywhere but Japan. US wise that is tax time so people might have extra money then. Sony has launched during a election before with the PS2, they just did October. Sony quarters are Q1 April - June, Q2 July - September, Q3 October -December and Q4 January - March.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO, ok I don't want to name him, but that guy is claiming that Sony is developing the next SOCOM game which he is calling a rumor. The name starts with a "T." So, take it with a grain of salt.
I feel like that isn't a huge stretch - with the success of R6 Siege, it makes sense Sony would want to try and bring that franchise back to life. Lowkey wish they just revived MAG instead

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense if it's the other project Guerrilla is working on. Let's pretend he didn't just say GoT is slated for 2019 and not TLoU 2 or DS.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Sony employee:
*Tweets anything with a year*

ERA:
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, how is Tidux still doing this? He's been thoroughly debunked for like 4+ years. Yet he's still pretending to be an insider.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
That one is quite easy to predict. Guerrilla is getting bigger, hiring like crazy and a lot of people who is joining the company have some expertise in shooting games.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It's not really fair to pick on anyone in this thread for reading too much into every little thing, alot of people all over this board make enormous leaps in logic.

I can't tell you how many Final Fantasy fans were talking about FF7 remake coming out in 2017 because " it was the 20 year anniversary" and "they have to release it at the anniversary!", ENORMOUS leaps in logic like that. It's fun to theorize and stuff like that though so there's no harm in it, as long as they don't convince themselves of something and get mad at devs when it turns out to be wrong.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
they're not making a SOCOM game

The only way I see a new SOCOM game is maybe as a VR title. Firewall Zero Hour reviewed pretty well. So maybe Sony could contract First Contact Entertainment, let them take what they've learned in VR and try their hand at SOCOM. I would think that's still a long shot, but not necessarily out of the realm of possibility if Sony is committed to VR. I don't think SOCOM has much potential in the traditional console space anymore, but maybe in VR it can find a second life.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
It just makes more sense to me that Sony know they have the PS5 launching in 2020 and they have made the call to delay the 2 games to be cross gen launch titles for both GOS, and TLOU.

DS is the only one where I'm not sure what's going to happen

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
It just makes more sense to me that Sony know they have the PS5 launching in 2020 and they have made the call to delay the 2 games to be cross gen launch titles for both GOS, and TLOU.

That doesn't make any sense at all. They won't delay 2 PS4 Games for the PS5 Launch.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
COD and the other AAA third party games sold PS4s at launch and carried it for the first couple of years, there's no need to delay a game for the PS5 launch, if Sony makes a good console, gives it the right policies at a good price then it will sell, if they don't do those things then no amount of exclusives are going to save it.

Oct 27, 2017

Please be Helldivers 2. Such a great game which needs a bigger sequel and a bigger push from Sony. Especially considering their overall lack of co-op games.

imagine thinking it'll be a AAA game, from Japan Studio. Come on brehs. They don't do AAA.

I'd say The Last Guardian is pretty AAA.

Good post. And the same goes for Eidos Montreal and Guardians of the Galaxy after both Thief and Deus Ex MD bombed. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if Remedy's working on a Marvel game in the not so distant future. If Sony wanted to make another Marvel game then they'd be my first choice, since I think they'd benefit a lot from Sony's assistance and would slot right into Sony's lineup.

Remedy would be a good choice actually, assuming Control isn't a smash hit for them. But which property would they work on? The Punisher? Cap? Doctor Strange? Daredevil?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think The Last Guardian is AAA by todays standards, that was like a 40 man team IIRC, and the game was shelved for a long time and not actively in development.

Oct 27, 2017
Either way, I'd love it if Japan Studio were to focus on extremely high quality games like TLG; unique stuff that you don't really get from Western developers. There seemed to be such promise when Alan Becker took over there, but we haven't really seen the fruits of his efforts yet. Hopefully Astro Bot was the first of many.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
More games with a Gravity Rush 2/Last Guardian budget, yes. The sweet spot thats bigger budget than a mid tier game like Star Ocean, but not bloated like alot of AAA budgets are.

Oct 31, 2017
It'll probably be the last AAA game out of Japan Studio's internal teams for the foreseeable future, not including Gran Turismo titles.

Isn't Polyphony a separate thing from Sony Japan?

Either way, I'd love it if Japan Studio were to focus on extremely high quality games like TLG; unique stuff that you don't really get from Western developers. There seemed to be such promise when Alan Becker took over there, but we haven't really seen the fruits of his efforts yet. Hopefully Astro Bot was the first of many.

Yeah, all their stuff's been pretty unique and many times colorful, including VR stuff like Astro Bot (which, I know I've said it enough, but it's wonderful). It's cool to consider their place in Sony's first party umbrella.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No reason to delay when they can just do a PS5 remaster later and get a whole bunch of double dippers in the process.

TLOU1 made bank on PS4.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Thank goodness I'm not the only person who sees that? I've come to realize that the narratives formed on gaming forums fall apart at the seams when applied to reality.

Playground, Obsidian and Initiative are hardly "small" studios, and I'm not personally a fan of them but people were singing the praises of Ninja Theory in here a year ago.

Give it a couple of years and they could well be close to Sony's current standard.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich

Why would they do that?
I think the only factor that really matters when it comes to the release dates of the remaining exclusives is when the devs think they can get them done.
With Ps5 probably being backwards compatible, there also won't be such a thing as cross gen, or rather everything will be cross gen by default.

Sony ended the Ps3 with The Last Of Us 2, Beyond Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6 and God Of War: Ascension, all in 2013, all before Ps4 released in late 2013.
And just like that I believe that Death Stranding, Ghost Of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 will also release before the Ps5 releases(so probably before late 2020).

Like, I think that would be a solid plan.
Ending Ps4 strong and carrying that momentum on to Ps5 by advertising it with sequels to some of the most popular Ps4 exclusives (Bloodborne 2, Horizon 2, God Of War 2, Spider-Man 2, one of two of them maybe even ready at launch).
And for everyone who didn't own a Ps4 this gen the backwards compatibility and availability of all the major exclusives would be a nice incentive to make the jump to Ps5.

Whatever they do, I am pretty sure they won't delay Ps4 games to release them on Ps5 at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.