• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Fuck I want it more than anything in the world!!! Too bad the source is a bullshit artist like tidux:(

Are there any good PlayStation Twitter leakers or rumor mill?

Nintendo has people like Liam Robertson, Xbox has Klobrille, Jez Corden, and Brad Sams.

But PlayStation seems to have nobody that has proven reliable. I do remember our own Shinobi spilling some.early secrets years ago on Horizon Zero Dawn, but that's about it.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
That doesn't make any sense at all. They won't delay 2 PS4 Games for the PS5 Launch.
Considering ps5 is BC with ps4, releasing one or two of those big games close to ps5, with bigger enhancements than the ones offered by ps4 pro (4k assets, real 4k resolution, 60fps , better visual effects and others) could be enough incentive to get the new console for many while still pleasing ps4 users not ready to invest in new console, with a single game sku , not needing to remake the game, and limiting the lack of games that usually happens early each generation.
It wouldn't be a full next gen game, but TLOU remastered isn't either a full ps4 game and still performed phenomenal.

Oct 31, 2017
Playground, Obsidian and Initiative are hardly "small" studios, and I'm not personally a fan of them but people were singing the praises of Ninja Theory in here a year ago.

Give it a couple of years and they could well be close to Sony's current standard.

I think dismissing a studio as small always doesn't take into account how much smaller Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Santa Monica and Sucker Punch used to be.

I do agree that some of the people around the board have shared weird opinions, like, "MS killed it in 2018 but Sony was lazy," even though Sony arguably had their best year ever, with both PS4 sales, PS4 games and VR games.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good PlayStation Twitter leakers or rumor mill?

Nintendo has people like Liam Robertson, Xbox has Klobrille, Jez Corden, and Brad Sams.

But PlayStation seems to have nobody that has proven reliable. I do remember our own Shinobi spilling some.early secrets years ago on Horizon Zero Dawn, but that's about it.
Nope, Shinobi was the best we had and he is part of a studio now.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It would be amazing if they release SOCOM as their flagship esports franchise. It has deep roots there and could really take on the Siege crowd. Would love to see it happen.

Oct 27, 2017
It would be amazing if they release SOCOM as their flagship esports franchise. It has deep roots there and could really take on the Siege crowd. Would love to see it happen.

Yeah, it's crazy how this hasn't happened. A slower, tactical campaign + multiplayer to fill in the slot that Rainbow Six used to occupy. Then have a Syphon Filter reboot to fill in the stealth niche. I'd probably see if Io Interactive are open to contract work to get that in development.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Sony will be better off trying to to get someone like bluepoint to do a socom hd remake ala sotc before investing in a new game.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018

He's so jealous, lol.

Mike is on a console war trip for a few weeks now. He bragged about how he made snarky comment to a checkout person who tried to make small talk. As if the holidays weren't stressful enough for cashiers.

And then he doubled down on console war rethoric.

Guess he is trying to please those fanboys who attacked him for streaming God of War on Mixer.
The closer we get to next gen, the worse it's gonna get. Probably the best if you ignore the whole thing.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Why would they post something with an autumnal leaves background? I think this confirms a late 2019 release.
Lol I'm assuming it's sarcasm given the recent conversation about us over-analyzing every tweet from the devs but if not I'm pretty sure the leaves are due to the demo where you have all those leaves blowing at the end. Fits the aesthetic of the game.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Mike is on a console war trip for a few weeks now. He bragged about how he made snarky comment to a checkout person who tried to make small talk. As if the holidays weren't stressful enough for cashiers.

And then he doubled down on console war rethoric.

Guess he is trying to please those fanboys who attacked him for streaming God of War on Mixer.
The closer we get to next gen, the worse it's gonna get. Probably the best if you ignore the whole thing.

He picks fun at fanboys (majority Xbox) often, it's a joke calm down the dude is mostly a PC gamer.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see SOCOM coming back as dope as it would be. Though I do expect some kind of shooter from Guerrilla following Horizon 2. Herman's comments point to them not wanting to be an IP factory.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

He's so jealous, lol.

So he thinks Google Earth is an experience worth mentioning, but doesn't care to mention VR games that actually innovate? That's just obnoxious. I thought this guy represents himself as a gamer first. I bet if he engaged with Lone Echo and Astro Bot among others, he would change his mind. I think the only thing that will change his mind are VR games made by Microsoft when they actually start bothering to support VR properly. Let's see.

He picks fun at fanboys (majority Xbox) often, it's a joke calm down the dude is mostly a PC gamer.
Ybarra engages with Xbox fanboys, follows and retweets them and has even been on several podcasts with the most toxic of them. He knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I cant wait to see some never stuff from Days Gone each build they made giant leaps, still 4 months to go too.

Last edited:

Eggman

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Seeing all these tweets from the corporate vice president of Xbox is something and really shows just how toxic Microsoft is regardless of how they pretend to want the community to get along. It's also really ironic when Phil Spencer pretends to be against console wars and works closely with people like this. Just shows how full of shit they are.

And I hope all the developers that have worked hard releasing VR games take note of this when Microsoft tries to get VR on their console. At least they are trying something new while Microsoft releases garbage like Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2.

Last edited:

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
It's not really fair to pick on anyone in this thread for reading too much into every little thing, alot of people all over this board make enormous leaps in logic.

I can't tell you how many Final Fantasy fans were talking about FF7 remake coming out in 2017 because " it was the 20 year anniversary" and "they have to release it at the anniversary!", ENORMOUS leaps in logic like that. It's fun to theorize and stuff like that though so there's no harm in it, as long as they don't convince themselves of something and get mad at devs when it turns out to be wrong.

I think it's more fun to have people looking into everything, honestly. Lol.

True, not everyone is Hideo Kojima so looking into it would be a waste of time, but a lot of this thread tries to discount pretty much anything that's not explicitly stated and that's no fun either. Lol.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Harkening back to what Falconbox said about having a lack of leaks from Sony, it's quite interesting to see how secretive Sony has become this gen. Personally I kinda like not knowing things before they're revealed, but it's fun to speculate on little drips of info. Also, on Mike Ybarra, I always kinda saw him as the more aggressive type of marketing mouthpiece. He's definitely more abrasive than Phil Spencer and Major Nelson. Sony doesn't jab that often (discounting the 2013 roast of Xbox One) but Sid Shuman said something pretty funny on the Blogcast. The once-newbie Kristen Titus was talking about her gaming history and brought up Xbox and Sid replied "Never heard of it." Sony's not that vocal about their competition with their current management and I think that's a fine marketing strategy. Show what makes your platform cool instead of diminishing the other "side".

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Playground, Obsidian and Initiative are hardly "small" studios, and I'm not personally a fan of them but people were singing the praises of Ninja Theory in here a year ago.

Give it a couple of years and they could well be close to Sony's current standard.

I would call Obsidian and Ninja Theory struggling studios by their own admission. They want to make big games and they want security for their employees at NT based on their video post-purchase agreement.

Obsidian was crowd funding games as they couldn't sell them for straight publisher backing.

Are they bad or lesser studios? No. But they themselves admitted previously that the games they want to make aren't really possible as the sales for them weren't really there.

My hope is they would make great games with Microsoft to make their lineup more interesting.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there Is going to be a lot of anger if TLOU, GOS, and DS don't launch this year.

Can't speak for anyone else but there won't be any anger from me. :)

Personally, except for Playground, I don't believe that any of the other five studios Microsoft purchased will ever get close to Sony's current standard. All of them are AA at best and to be perfectly honest, as much as I want them all to be elevated to AAA, I don't believe that they will be and for me to believe it, I would actually have to see it because Microsoft's and Spencer's direction is simply different from Sony's. For Xbox, it's all about Game Pass now which I think will be more focused on quantity rather than quality which is why I don't believe those five other studios will ever get close to Sony because keeping them where they're at now allows them to release games at a faster pace which is what Game Pass is all about.

I hope that im very wrong as I want to see those studios get elevated but until proven otherwise, I just don't see it happening.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Short version: The profit margin is not big enough for us right now.

Such a disapointing standpoint. Eespecially after Phil Spencer's "pushing the boundaries" talk in November in which Spencer can be heard saying:

"If we stay in the safe zone where you're 70-80% sure that's gonna work, I don't think we're actually doing our job to kind of push the state of the art forward."

Has anyone ever watched that stream? I strongly encourage people to go back and watch it. Ybarra struggled to play the game and began making sarcastic remarks about cutscenes and how he's not in control of the character at all times. Toward the end of the stream he questions the appeal of GoW before back-pedalling. Then he just quits because he keeps dying at an anomalous rate.

You will view his "executive gamer" status with deep skepticism after watching the stream.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I could have sworn Jsteve said they don't really function like that. They just allocate their staff as needed or something to that effect.
From what I understand, they have something like the "1.5 teams" structure except on a larger scale, so they've got a bunch of core creative teams and then the majority of their staff are allocated to those teams depending on whether they need them. So the core R&C team (headed up by Brian Allgeier) have probably been working on a sequel for a while but their team might've been relatively small because most of Insomniac had been allocated to Spider-Man, with the studio's second priority being Stormland (their next Oculus game).

I'd still describe that as multiple teams, it's just a bit more nuanced.

Remedy would be a good choice actually, assuming Control isn't a smash hit for them. But which property would they work on? The Punisher? Cap? Doctor Strange? Daredevil?
Yeah, I think Control looks really cool but it sadly doesn't seem to have that much momentum behind it. As for which property, I'm not sure. My first thought was The Punisher, since that'd suit them from a gameplay point of view. Doctor Strange might be a good fit in terms of the story and presentation but I really don't know what they'd do with the gameplay.

Why would they do that?
I think the only factor that really matters when it comes to the release dates of the remaining exclusives is when the devs think they can get them done.
With Ps5 probably being backwards compatible, there also won't be such a thing as cross gen, or rather everything will be cross gen by default.

Sony ended the Ps3 with The Last Of Us 2, Beyond Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6 and God Of War: Ascension, all in 2013, all before Ps4 released in late 2013.
And just like that I believe that Death Stranding, Ghost Of Tsushima and The Last of Us 2 will also release before the Ps5 releases(so probably before late 2020).

Like, I think that would be a solid plan.
Ending Ps4 strong and carrying that momentum on to Ps5 by advertising it with sequels to some of the most popular Ps4 exclusives (Bloodborne 2, Horizon 2, God Of War 2, Spider-Man 2, one of two of them maybe even ready at launch).
And for everyone who didn't own a Ps4 this gen the backwards compatibility and availability of all the major exclusives would be a nice incentive to make the jump to Ps5.

Whatever they do, I am pretty sure they won't delay Ps4 games to release them on Ps5 at launch.
Why would that be the only factor? Strategically determining launch dates is smart, it's why Sony delayed Days Gone to February and then even further to April. If it'd gone up against RDR2 it would've been destroyed and Anthem would've hurt it too. Similarly, if Sucker Punch finished Ghost of Tsushima late this year, delaying it to Q1 to give it a better chance of success would make perfect sense.

That said, you're right that delaying GoT and TLOU2 to the PS5 launch doesn't make any sense. There's so many reasons why it'd be a hilariously bad decision. Not only would they eat each other's sales and hurt any actual PS5 exclusive launch games but a massive release like TLOU2 could potentially overshadow the PS5 launch. Just because Nintendo did it successfully, doesn't mean it'd work if Sony did it. The PS4 isn't an unpopular flop like the Wii U.

I think it's more fun to have people looking into everything, honestly. Lol.

True, not everyone is Hideo Kojima so looking into it would be a waste of time, but a lot of this thread tries to discount pretty much anything that's not explicitly stated and that's no fun either. Lol.
Kojima barely ever hints at things either, he just has a crazy fanbase who reads into everything he does and doesn't say and constantly comes up with insane theories (see: head doctor, Death Stranding is a MGS prequel, etc).

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone ever watched that stream? I strongly encourage people to go back and watch it. Ybarra struggled to play the game and began making sarcastic remarks about cutscenes and how he's not in control of the character at all times. Toward the end of the stream he questions the appeal of GoW before back-pedalling. Then he just quits because he keeps dying at an anomalous rate.

You will view his "executive gamer" status with deep skepticism after watching the stream.

That actually sounds amusing. Is it available to watch on YouTube?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Just like all these "insiders" do that got mentioned here on this page ;)
It's hilarious.
The funniest things are when some "insiders" say that some announcement changed last minute because some random people on a internet forum were talking about it.
Extreme-eye-roll-gif1.gif

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The funniest things are when some "insiders" say that some announcement changed last minute because some random people on a internet forum were talking about it.
Extreme-eye-roll-gif1.gif
It's the same nonsense over and over again :D And people believe these guys because they want to believe. They're thirsty for leaks. Especially here on this forum. It's the same old "throw enough shit (fake info) against a wall and some of it has gotta stick" tactic.
If you make fun of them, their followers show up to defend them with "You have no idea. He was right with #§@#!" Same happened with Verendus over a year ago and it happens again here in a different thread. So yeah, just let them. If they wanna believe, let them believe. These so called "insiders" can enjoy their fake internet fame ;)

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Kojima barely ever hints at things either, he just has a crazy fanbase who reads into everything he does and doesn't say and constantly comes up with insane theories (see: head doctor, Death Stranding is a MGS prequel, etc).

To be honest, I was mostly thinking about people who focus on what Death Stranding's trailers even mean while I just enjoy the madness lol

Status
Not open for further replies.