• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
giphy.gif

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any reason Sony kinda ignored remastering or putting Resistance 1-3 and Killzone 1-3 onto the PS4 era system? I swear Sony mostly just ignored anything FPS related, and decided to go full on mental with TPS remakes, or reboots. Even Medievil getting a remake, but where's the love for those two FPS series?

Probably because those are multiplayer focused games, and they're unlikely to have active online communities for more than a couple of weeks.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
BUT....there's more.

vjjpwPn.png
His brother works at VASG so could just be a coincidence to be fair.

I did a little bit of digging and found out that one of the people who liked that post is listed as a Character Artist and for some reason he doesn't list the game, even though by July 2018 all of the big AAA games are public knowledge. Could be nothing though.

Screenshot_2019-04-12_at_22.40.57.png

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
The HYPE IS THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF. LOU2 this year and most likely-probably-maybe-hoping for- DS news at tribeca? Oh lawd sony i love u again.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I'm surprised so many here would be surprised about TLOU2 coming this year after we found out about the localization being started months ago.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
So is there any reason Sony kinda ignored remastering or putting Resistance 1-3 and Killzone 1-3 onto the PS4 era system? I swear Sony mostly just ignored anything FPS related, and decided to go full on mental with TPS remakes, or reboots. Even Medievil getting a remake, but where's the love for those two FPS series?
Maybe saving them for a rainy day? They only seem to greenlight one when there is a sequel to be hyped for. Like Nathan Drake Collection or GOW3. Infamous and Killzone missed their chance because their sequels were launch titles and Resistance is shelved for now. Ratchet also didn't get any because it got a reboot.

Ian Henry

Oct 29, 2017
A
Maybe saving them for a rainy day? They only seem to greenlight one when there is a sequel to be hyped for. Like Nathan Drake Collection or GOW3. Infamous and Killzone missed their chance because their sequels were launch titles and Resistance is shelved for now. Ratchet also didn't get any because it got a reboot.
They can do it next gen. Plus, R&C got a OG Trilogy Collection for their tenth anniversary.

Oct 27, 2017

Heh, cute. This celebration animation is straight outta Jak and Daxter!

It'll get announced for this fall, but then get pushed into early 2020.

I think Sony has pretty much stopped confirming release dates unless they know they'll hit them. Days Gone being a recent counter-example but that's because all the games decided on the same release date!

And my Leviathan axe!

If Last of Us is coming this year I say its an October or early November game.

I reckon November. It might be the only Sony exclusive that wouldn't get hopelessly battered coming out against all the major third party tentpoles in November.

6 months contract, such bullshit...

I mean, it's likely to be a short contract in order to help push this game out of the door. I'm currently on a 3 month contract because the project I'm working on is due to hit some milestones and then be reviewed at that time.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, I think this apparent second project Guerrilla is something akin to Apex Legends. A multiplayer "side project" but one with substantial talent and polish behind it that could very well be F2P.

Guerrilla could plausibly be THE reason to own a PS5 in the early years if this and Horizon 2 launch around 2021-2022.

I seriously doubt it will be free to play or a battle royal. Expect something very tactical and team based. And definitely not a side project. Sony wants a serious multiplayer franchise in their stable.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
When did we find that out? Source?
Job openings, they've been hiring for Localization Quality Assurance Testers for various languages for months

As you can see they started looking for people to help localize the game into German, Polish, Korean and traditional Chinese as far back as November 2018, possibly even further. Looks like as of last month the positions for Korean and traditional Chinese have been filled while they're still looking for people to help with the German and Polish localization.

Status
Not open for further replies.