• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I hear ya.

Yeah, it is just a matter of time really. It will happen.

From decades of dealing with Sony, and in general I just assumed based of numerous conversations with replication etc
We at least had a couple of gens left before it became a total ball ache.

I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt,
But I feel like my days are numbered if it is the case

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
TLOU2 should be a June game like TLOU.
Releasing big AAA games in the holiday season is a big gamble.

We already have Borderlands 3 and Fallen Order as major AAA games in Q3-Q4 add the usual sports titles and COD.
Won't be surprised if Ubisoft, Warner Bros or Bethesda are releasing their AAA games in late 2019, Watch_Dogs 3, DOOM Eternal and something DC from Rocksteady or WB Montreal. if TLOU2 is indeed coming late 2019, well, i think September is a perfect month, October-December is packed.

It doesn't matter when TLoU 2 releases, it will stomp on all the games you've mentioned. People interested in the game will prioritize it vs other games imo.

18-20M on lock.

Last edited:

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Quick follow-up on this post I made 10 days ago:
Firesprite (Ex-Sony Liverpool/Psygnosis/Wipeout) who have only ever made PlayStation exclusives (The Persistence for VR being the most recent) have a bunch of job listings for 2 new projects they are working on.

One is a "new big budget IP" and the other is a "globally recognised multi-million selling franchise". They also mention "create encounters, thrilling levels and memorable boss battles" which pretty much rules out it being a new Wipeout. Console is also mentioned, so its safe to assume it'll be a PS4/PS5 exclusive. They do mention VR but it's hard to say which of the 2 projects is the VR game. I guess this rules out The Persistence 2.

You can see the job listings yourself here:
https://firesprite.com/#jobs

There is a job listing that clarifies further that it's an action RPG VR game:
They are seeking experienced 3D Modellers to work on a variety of projects and help them take a globally recognised multi-million selling action RPG and create a full form PlayStation VR game – no biggie!

I went ahead and made a thread. Personally I'm hoping for Horizon VR.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Releasing big AAA games in the holiday season is a big gamble.

We already have Borderlands 3 and Fallen Order as major AAA games in Q3-Q4 add the usual sports titles and COD.
Won't be surprised if Ubisoft, Warner Bros or Bethesda are releasing their AAA games in late 2019, Watch_Dogs 3, DOOM Eternal and something DC from Rocksteady or WB Montreal. if TLOU2 is indeed coming late 2019, well, i think September is a perfect month, October-December is packed.
Uncharted 1-3 released in October/November, with a bunch of major AAA games, to great success.

This is the sequel to one of the best (PlayStation) games ever made and Sony's biggest seller. It can launch any time.

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Right now I'm playing Uncharted 4, Nathan Drake is such an amazing charachter through the whole series. I would love to play Uncharted 5 on the next PS with him...

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Based on what?

SP doesn't really have a history of creating memorable MCs.
I actually found Delsin and Fetch to be quite memorable. And just based on his brief interactions with other characters in the gameplay demo from E3, Jin seems like he has depth. Also, he's going to have a really interesting villain if the reveal trailer is anything to go by.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone think it's likely we will see Spiderverse based game starring the Miles character from the movie in addition to Insomniacs next Spider-Man game? The movie has developed a nice following and has an Oscar under its belt. Whatever studio works on it would probably be given access to the people at Sony Pictures to discuss and learn about the rendering techniques used to try and adapt the unique art style to a video game environment.

I dunno if Insomniac could work on both titles but I'm sure there are tons of other devs that could also work on it. Heck, it almost feels like leaving money on the table by not making a spiderverse game.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, he got a perfect closure to his story. No more games with him.
We thought the same with Kratos but like Lara Croft, Drake pretty much is the flagship lead for Uncharted

I can see another game having Chloe, etc... like lost legacy but I feel they'd have to start at it being Uncharted -subtitle or another soft reboot but not it being called Uncharted 5 since 1-4 was Nate's story which got closure

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there that massive uproar when SP tried to change Cole in inFamous 2

Then Sly Cooper is another memorable mascot character loved by many

Idk were this non memorable idea came from

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
short funny story about first SCEA mascot – "Polygon Man":

Polygon_Man_%28Sony_PlayStation%29.jpg

Phil Harrison, then head of Sony's European game publishing business, recollected the reaction of Ken Kutaragi, global head of the PlayStation brand, when Kutaragi saw the Polygon Man for the first time.

"I remember walking onto the E3 booth in 1995 with Ken and seeing the Polygon Man design on the side of the booth. Ken just went absolutely insane," said Harrison. Kutaragi was upset that SCEA was spending its limited budget on an alternative brand. "But the thing that really upset Ken was that the Polygon Man design wasn't Gouraud shaded, it was flat shaded! So Polygon Man was taken out into the car park and quietly shot."

https://web.archive.org/web/2012052...online.com/features/making-playstation?page=5

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I always miss the good shit.

Anyways, it's obvious TLoU 2 is aiming for this year, but the fact that no one can confidently say it's coming this year makes me believe they won't make it.

Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone better be good...the King is coming this year

Days Gone will be 5 to 7 months old by the time TLOU2 drops. The are not competing in any way.

Best zombie game of 2019: Dying Light 2.

Yeah no. Maybe 3rd at best behind RE2 and TLOU. Zero chance it will rate better than either of those. May not there higher then Days Gone. The first game didn't score particularly well despite being popular. That dev's games are always kinda janky.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Days Gone will be 5 to 7 months old by the time TLOU2 drops. The are not competing in any way.

Yeah no. Maybe 3rd at best behind RE2 and TLOU. Zero chance it will rate better than either of those. May not there higher then Days Gone. The first game didn't score particularly well despite being popular. That dev's games are always kinda janky.
Huh? WWS members across Sony have stated multiple times there's a healthy competition between the studios.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Also about the leaked Days Gone footage, you can tell it'll be a 7 game or I'm just out of touch, that small stealth section alone was really annoying.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Also about the leaked Days Gone footage, you can tell it'll be a 7 game or I'm just out of touch, that small stealth section alone was really annoying.
I've bored of open world games in general at this point so wont be picking up Days Gone until a deep sale. However I still think it'll do well, I can see it pushing very high 8. Maybe even 9s.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Morfid_Plays

Self Requested Ban
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah not to burst any bubbles but I've seen footage that's been sent to me and whilst the premise is awesome, the technical issues , bugs etc wil stop the game getting those glory scores

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Reviewers are usually forgiving of games with bugs for review as they know such things can be patched.

I don't think that's a huge deal at all.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Looks like a 7-8 game but if it's a technical mess as some have indicated, it'll probably be more like a 6 scoring title.

DG will be imo for sure not a 6 scoring title.
Mad Max has 68 meta and I enjoyed it but Days Gone looks imo much more polished and deeper when it comes to story, crafting etc...

And DG gone gold long before launch, so I don't believe it will have many bugs.
Bend had/has a lot of time for a day one patch to fix the last issues.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
I despise Amazon and what represents for business, but if there's a policy I appreciate, is the chance to return a product after trying it at home. If Days Gone ends up disappointing me (though I hope and expect for the opposite), at least I'll be able to send it back with no remorse.

PS: Delsin/Troy was quite good. In fact, I think it's time to replay Second Son. ;)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone will take up 67Gb of storage on your PS4 and you can start the game after 27GB of the game has downloaded. Pre-load has yet to begin but it should be ready within a few days prior to launch. Sony has also released a day one patch for the game which includes a few bug fixes. The game is now currently on patch 1.02.

You will also be able to start watching Days Gone streams beginning on 22 April 2019. However, these streams will be limited to specific parts of the game and restricted to a certain length to avoid any spoilers.
https://glitched.africa/news/days-gone-day-one-patch-install-size-and-media-kit-details-revealed/

Huh streams 4 days before launch

Status
Not open for further replies.