• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
42b.gif

Hoping for the new studio reveal at the next PlayStation Meeting.

Also good luck at the next Uncharted.

Hehehe...

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
The hype leading to PSX 2019 will be fun

I hope they keep some megaton announcements like BC for PS1/PS2/PS3 and/or PS Now with PS1/PS3 games download-able and huge expansion of PS2 games available

Nov 8, 2017
Dreams early access is officially available to buy in UK/Europe/Russia/Australia/New Zealand/North America. Huge congratulations to Media Molecule!

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Thing I'm most excited about. There will be day one amazing things to play on PS5 since we don't have to wait for the game that really takes advantage of the hardware.

Potential genre defining games will be there day one since the transition is a lot smoother with your old library carrying right over. At this point, I will probably wait to play TLOu2 and Death Stranding on the beast rather than get PS4 versions.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I was thinking only yesterday of getting a cheap PS4 to catch up on the past couple of years of Sonyside, and now this news puts me off.

No logic to it, of course: cheapy console right now Vs pricey console in a year+, but hey, human brain.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I was thinking only yesterday of getting a cheap PS4 to catch up on the past couple of years of Sonyside, and now this news puts me off.

No logic to it, of course: cheapy console right now Vs pricey console in a year+, but hey, human brain.
Plenty of logic actually. Sure, getting a PS5 on launch is gonna be quite a bit pricier but will also mean you can play Sony games until like 2026-2027, you wont be able to do that with a PS4.

Oct 25, 2017
The plans for PS5 are pretty dope. PSVR BC makes me quite happy.

It's hard for me to imagine not being PS5/PC/Switch next gen with the current news. Everything's ticked off.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Whenever it comes out my body is ready.

I would say PS5 is a lock. Xbox next will depend on Halo Infinite which I'm assuming is a launch title.

Also Z is the spiritual Successor to Twitter Kaz?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Someone should tell him Gran Turismo Sport already did 8K last year, and in Japan too.

PS: Damn, NOW I get it!

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
So if that leak turns out to be pretty accurate I hope the part about Gta6 is b/s. No need for Sony to be paying for something as trivial as 1 month exclusivity. Everything else seems really solid especially things like Gran Turismo being a launch title and ushering in the new PSVR headset (which basically sounds like the real VR push wireless, much clearer image, built into the hardware no separate headphones etc..) Ghost and DS having PS5 versions so the first year comes out swinging and not relying on 3rd party support to hold the platform.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
So if that leak turns out to be pretty accurate I hope the part about Gta6 is b/s. No need for Sony to be paying for something as trivial as 1 month exclusivity. Everything else seems really solid especially things like Gran Turismo being a launch title and ushering in the new PSVR headset (which basically sounds like the real VR push wireless, much clearer image, built into the hardware no separate headphones etc..) Ghost and DS having PS5 versions so the first year comes out swinging and not relying on 3rd party support to hold the platform.

Can you link me to the leak? It has been a while and I want to give it a read myself.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I think people are ready for consoles that are a little more expensive (450, 500 and even U$550). It should not be a big problem for Sony, but they will have to show/prove that will be a good investment with games that show how that hardware is great.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

Pretty believable. Curious about those 2 - 3 more AAA ps5 launch exclusives mentioned. Gt7 and a couple remasters isn't enough for a launch so I wonder what Sony is hiding. Also why remaster when its backwards compat? Maybe some new features but still it would be cooler to just provide that through an update. Time will tell though and if anything the games described will be subject to change as its not information they would be very privy to seeing as they are devs. The specs are probably really accurate though.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Tks hubertuss03

Yeah it seems pretty believable as well. And really that's my wishlist for Sony! A powerful PS5 was kinda a given, even PS4 b/c is a given because of digital libraries. But outside of Nintendo launching with Mario games and MS debuting with Halo, console have launched with some mediocre games man. Glad that should be a thing of the past now. PS5 will have multiple heavy hitters and MS looks to be launching with Halo infinite and whatever else is announced at E3.

Now all we need confirmed is legacy PS emulation or full hardware support and I think you can't ask for a better launch of a next-gen PS system. Will 100% just come down to the games again.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty believable. Curious about those 2 - 3 more AAA ps5 launch exclusives mentioned. Gt7 and a couple remasters isn't enough for a launch so I wonder what Sony is hiding. Also why remaster when its backwards compat? Maybe some new features but still it would be cooler to just provide that through an update. Time will tell though and if anything the games described will be subject to change as its not information they would be very privy to seeing as they are devs. The specs are probably really accurate though.
The reasons I think that leak is unbelievable is that PSVR2 being $250 at launch is ludicrous, plus the PS5 is already stated to be using an SSD, not an HDD as that leak suggests.

GamingCJ

Apr 14, 2019
Taken from the "leak" you are talking about:
"PSVR2 in 2020 also,reveal with ps5,big resolution boost probably 2560x1440,120hz,220 field of view,eye tracking,wireless,battery life 4-5 hours,headphones integrated,less motion sickenss,no breaker box,much less cable management,much more focus on VR for aaa games,price around 250$"

This is some absolute bullshit. There is literally Zero Chance PSVR2 can have eye tracking and be wireless while having 220° FOV for $250.

Edit: damn, too slow :D

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
In portuguese: Days Gone is not generic as it looks. (They're reviewing the game, but the video serves to show the mechanics and why it's not generic as people have said)

Status
Not open for further replies.