• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
This year? Unless by it you mean external games, there's been MLB, Days Gone and Dreams Early Access. I won't discuss the quality, but "so much" for two games, don't you think is a strech? The comparison by numbers with previous years doesn't look that positive either. When PSVR games release later this month, and if they're well received, then it'll start to close the gap.

I never think people here pretend to be dissastified because it's cool or trendy. What Sony's released until now left many users in this forum cold, so it's quite reasonable a big game, perhaps THE game, with capital letters, for the company, would make a significant difference for them. If there's people who only bought the system to play Bloodborne, or God of War, or Spider-Man, that for a whole generation, why wouldn't TLOU be capable to achieve an smaller effect, as turning a (for them) regular year, into a great one.

We just have completely different perceptions of time and priorities. If someone bought a PlayStation only play exclusive games, then I could see it. But quite literally there are thousands of games available. There's no way people have played them all to so consistently come back to this same question.

I'm behind by years on games and I see threads here always talking about backlog. I'm definitely looking forward to The Last of Us Part II, but I'm also still playing other things. Just doesn't seem like folks are interested in discussing anything else.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
We just have completely different perceptions of time and priorities. If someone bought a PlayStation only play exclusive games, then I could see it. But quite literally there are thousands of games available. There's no way people have played them all to so consistently come back to this same question.

I'm behind by years on games and I see threads here always talking about backlog. I'm definitely looking forward to The Last of Us Part II, but I'm also still playing other things. Just doesn't seem like folks are interested in discussing anything else.
On the contrary, I'm totally with you. I mostly buy a dozen games a year, which I know it to be a low figure, when compared to most people around here, and my general satisfaction with the system is higher, than any criticism in my words could transpire.

That's the peculiarity, in these threads for a single company: one might be thrilled with what's available on the system, yet at the same time, have a different vision on how the studio itself is doing. And sometimes, the conversation bounces between these two aspects, as if they were the same. I understand that might be true for some people, but it's equally untrue for others.

When that happens, I think it's because we take the thread in its literal sense, and talk only about internal studios. But if I was to talk about the system and its software, disregarding who made them, there'll be nothing but praise. I'm playing right now a 2015 game like SOMA, while beating for a second time Ace Combat 7, which I loved and surpassed any expectation I had. I'd like to talk about them, but I don't think this is the thread for it. I'm sure it's the same for other people, despite any "concern" we might have.

PS: What are you playing now?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Tlou 2 coming out in 2019 has the GOTY awards locked.

Tlou 2 coming out in 2020 will have to fight against Cyberpunk2077, Rocksteady new game, potentially Avengers project, new From title etc...

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017

Tlou 2 coming out in 2020 will have to fight against Cyberpunk2077, Rocksteady new game, potentially Avengers project, new From title etc...
They wont rush it out to get goty awards. But it seems like late 2019 has been the target so we will see

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

From software arent usually goty runners that much due to being inaccessible. Rocksteady also rarely do that well in award season. And with 2018 we can see a good linear story based SP title can win goty over an open world game.
Honestly the biggest problem for TLOU2 with a 2020 launch would be all the sony games in battle royale taking awards from one another lol.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Had to put down Dreams, game is straight up drugs. Once you get into it you can't put it down.

One of the most interesting and unique products this gen.

Oct 31, 2017
Just saw the PSN downloads charts for April.

MK winning on the Playstation Store in April means what most of us have expected: Days Gone is killing it worldwide, and while it's selling well in the US, it'll be behind Mortal Kombat for April's NPD.

Oct 25, 2017
Bend;This world comes for you
Me:It comes for itself too apparently lol
D6aTJqlV4AA08sv

image0.jpg

D6a-XYeUIAItfkn

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
It could be released on PS Blog, it doesn't need an event.

True, true.
Could just be stealth dropped on any random day now and will easily take the limelight (whereas E3 is a shark feeding frenzy)

Edit: Blackleg-sanji1 well played lol.
DG slogan of the world coming for you is perfect. Last night I stopped for gas, was attacked by a rager bear, then a couple runners before a screamer alerted a horde/breaker to my area.
Its crazier than Far Cry and I love that.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Days Gone is the best selling game in Italy for the 2nd week in a row.

Oct 31, 2017
I think North America is the only place where Mortal Kombat, all three SKUs combined, will beat Days Gone.

Makes me wonder a year from now how the sales numbers will compare between the two.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I think North America is the only place where Mortal Kombat, all three SKUs combined, will beat Days Gone.

Makes me wonder a year from now how the sales numbers will compare between the two.
I wonder if Days Gone will beat MK11 PS4 SKU in US
With that PSN April Chart in NA, I would say no but it would be a good surprise if it happen

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder if Days Gone will beat MK11 PS4 SKU in US
With that PSN April Chart in NA, I would say no but it would be a good surprise if it happen

It's possible a game with added DLC characters currently lends itself to digital purchases.

Like SFV makes a lot more sense to buy physically now since so much is on the arcade edition. At first, I wouldn't have blamed anyone who wanted to purchase it digitally even if they prefer physical purchases.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Days Gone is a glorious stealth game. The 3 hordes I've taken down so far I've done from a distance in stealth and I loved every minute of it. Also getting enemies to turn on one another while you sit in the bushes never gets old.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
My current 2019 game of the year is Days Gone (9.5/10) and I don't see any game including TLOUP2 or Cyberpunk 2077 for that matter beating it for me personally.

My current list for 2019 thus far after Days Gone -
2. Metro Exodus (9/10)
3. REmake2 (9/10)
4. The Division 2 (9/10)
5. Devil May Cry 5 (8.5/10)
6. Far Cry New Dawn (8/10)
7. NSMBUD (Switch, 7/10)

Have one game in my backlog for 2019 which is Sekiro and my plan is to play it after Rage 2 since Bloodstained and Judgment would be my next two games and would have a multi-week gap in between. Plus, im on vacation for E3 week so I should be all caught up by June 18th.

Pretty similar top five with one replaced and a little shuffled.

So far for me.
1. RE2
2. Sekiro
3. Days Gone
4. Metro Exodus
5. DMC 5

Might shift depending how the latter half of Days Gone holds up for me.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a weird state where I'll acknowledge that RE2 and Sekiro are the "best" games I've played this year from a critical lense but I'm enjoying Days Gone more than either of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a weird state where I'll acknowledge that RE2 and Sekiro are the "best" games I've played this year from a critical lense but I'm enjoying Days Gone more than either of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
From a critical and polished sense for sure. But I'm going for the plat for days gone, I only got 7 plats from 3 generations of consoles(vita)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I just wished SIE would update Days Gone worldwide sales now...

And PR announcements of commercial success and then I could give Bend Studio all of my 20 fingers change into thumbs up.
1f44d.png

Oct 31, 2017
The talk of GOTY reminds me of something I've thought about for a while:

I usually don't play a ton of new releases this early in the year. This year, for example, I played Yakuza Kiwami/0, Dead Cells, Detroit: Become Human, Moss, Tetris Effect and Astro Bot, along with demos of a bunch of VR games. So really, I've been catching up on games released since 2016/2017. The only new games are Days Gone and RE2make for me so far with Toejam & Earl physical release coming some time this month.

This makes me think ResetEra and, hell, any gaming site should do GOTY threads/articles for older years. I did a series retrospective on a bunch of gaming years (this was 2009's, for example) and I feel it's way easier to look at a year as a whole once you've actually played a bunch of the games. For many of us, we're just ordering the games we played by the end of the year. =P

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for that. I've been interested in the game since the 2016 trailer, but I flew off my radar more recently. It's gotta be in one of the upcoming SoP.

Status
Not open for further replies.