• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
In the last china hero conference they said more news on lost soul aside in the second half of 2019.
Future SoP episode? TGS? another china hero show?

Oct 31, 2017
Random, and I'll probably word this confusingly, but:

I may be the only one who finds it so strange that almost all announced games from the huge 2016 E3 conference have released. I remember when it was a bunch of new games, here's God of War next gen, here's Days Gone, a new IP, here's Spider-Man by Insomniac, holy shit. Detroit was announced the year before but got its first big E3 trailer showing how the gamer would play in 2016. Besides Death Stranding, they've released. It's over.

Like, obviously everything from E3s eventually release (save for cancelled projects, course), but 2015/2016 were such big and legendary E3s, and they seem like so long ago, and the wait seemed like forever, and we're still waiting on several big announcements from 2015, but now 2016's almost all out. O_O

I look back and think, "Days Gone and Spidey were on the top of my hype chart, and then GOW because I wasn't sold yet on combat." Now it's like, "GOW was one of the games of the generation, but the other two were great."

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Lost-Souls-Aside-gif.gif

When 😔
Is this the game that was made by one guy?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the game that was made by one guy?

Yeah, at least until the last year or so it was all one person. Since then he's got funding for a dev team to help complete his game and make sure it works properly and all that jazz.

I hope with the next SOP they show more of the international flavour with games like Judgement, Lost Soul Aside and probably dozens more games other than Final Fantasy (Although I get that FF has the biggest draw), those games deserve the attention and they've helped give PS a wide fanbase that they should promote, otherwise they could risk losing that unique selling point to their competition.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yes, let's use a tragedy in which people lost their lives to congratulate of well a game is doing or a movie.

It was disgusting when Cameron did it and it's pretty disgusting now.

They could have used a different picture.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Pretty similar top five with one replaced and a little shuffled.

So far for me.
1. RE2
2. Sekiro
3. Days Gone
4. Metro Exodus
5. DMC 5

Might shift depending how the latter half of Days Gone holds up for me.

That's a great list. I have Sekiro as I rented it from GameFly but won't play it until after Rage 2. Looking forward to playing it though.

Looks great and definitely interested. If it's late 2020 or even 2021, I would prefer it to shift to PS5 and be closer to that console's launch as opposed to nearing/at the end of PS4's life cycle. Also interested in a few other games from China Hero Project that was on their last stream. AI Limit, FIST, Hardcore Mecha and RAN are of interest to me but Lost Soul Aside is easily at the top of the list. Would expect more at TGS or if they do another stream for China Hero Project before then.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone already posted this? this is not a Sony first party studio but Insomniac's session at GDC 2019 was just posted today.

Marvel's Spider-Man: A Technical postmortem

I'm not in software engineering (a chemist by profession) but being a former software engineering student I find it interesting how they tackled the technical challenges in the Spider-man game. It's tech heavy talk and I hav difficulty trying to catch everything the presenter is speaking of but it's a very interesting breakdown of the nuts and bolts of Spider-man.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yes, let's use a tragedy in which people lost their lives to congratulate of well a game is doing or a movie.

It was disgusting when Cameron did it and it's pretty disgusting now.

They could have used a different picture.
Do you not understand where the image came from? It's originally in reference to endgame beating titanic at the box office.

Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking, I hope Sony won't force (or that the dev' won't have the idea) to do Horizon 2 or God of War 2 on both PS4 and PS5. It would just hold back the scale of those games. Given that they didn't do it on PS4 with early exclusives I hope it'll be the same this gen (but given that both PS4 and PS5 share the same architecture I'm afraid Sony will be tempted for a quick buck). What do you all guys think?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I was thinking, I hope Sony won't force (or that the dev' won't have the idea) to do Horizon 2 or God of War 2 on both PS4 and PS5. It would just hold back the scale of those games. Given that they didn't do it on PS4 with early exclusives I hope it'll be the same this gen (but given that both PS4 and PS5 share the same architecture I'm afraid Sony will be tempted for a quick buck). What do you all guys think?
I'm hoping that all unannounced projects are PS5 exclusive.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
In a world without Google Stadia, they didn't do it for both late PS3 exclusives (GOW:Ascension, Beyond, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, Puppeteer ) and early PS4 exclusives

So we could think that Sony wouldn't force its developers to do that, they want to sell hardware

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you have to worry about that. For the most part the only cross platform games you see from Sony are their MLB titles. They're going to want games like Horizon 2 and GoW2 to be showcase titles for the PS5. They'll obviously be limited if they're having to make sure that they can run on the PS4 as well. Especially since the PS5 seems to be fixing the PS4's primary weakness, which was its CPU.

Oct 25, 2017
Horizon 2 and God of War 2 being cross gen would massively deflate my hype. As you said, they would already be limiting the potential of the game before it even gets going. They both need to be PS5 exclusive.

The priority should be selling PS5 hardware instead of getting a few more dollars from the falling PS4. An entirely PS5 exclusive Horizon 2 and God of War 2 would make PS5s vanish from stores.

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
I'm hoping that all unannounced projects are PS5 exclusive.

This.

Horizon 2 and God of War 2 being cross gen would massively deflate my hype. As you said, they would already be limiting the potential of the game before it even gets going. They both need to be PS5 exclusive.

The priority should be selling PS5 hardware instead of getting a few more dollars from the falling PS4. An entirely PS5 exclusive Horizon 2 and God of War 2 would make PS5s vanish from stores.

And this.

Broncs

Nov 26, 2018
Got the platinum for Days Gone a few days ago & it's my personal GOTY so far. Such an addictive gameplay loop.

I just loved jumping on the bike, riding around, exploring the map, coming across some houses, buildings or a small town to explore for supplies to craft. There was always a constant threat from freakers, humans or infected animals. Taking on the hordes was a tonne of fun. Building trust & credits for each camp to buy upgrades for the bike or new weapons kept things ticking along. The story was a bit of a mess at the start but once it settled it was mostly enjoyable & that secret ending has me pumped for a sequel.

Biggest issues for me were the human ai, the constant black screen/loading screen before & after cutscenes breaks the immersion, frame rate took a noticeable dip in some areas & the quality of the side missions wasn't the greatest.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Well, if that's what happens usually, it's a guarantee it will occur again. Only a well-timed State of Play would mitigate the noise coming from other parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.