• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what some fo you going on about with Predator

Years later, my fellow IllFonic members and I, fresh off of our last game, are brainstorming what we want to make next. We first assembled 12 years ago to create games based off of movies we love and Predator seemed like the perfect fit. One afternoon during E3, Jared (Gerritzen), Jordan (Mathewson) and I shared our idea that got the entire team amped up. You can tell we're a team of passionate movie and video game fans.

Once we decided on Predator, it was clear this needed to be a shooter that had to look and feel authentic. Our team's passion for Predator helped us launch the partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment and Fox. Not only do these powerhouses believe in our vision, which has made this a dream project, they understand what we want to create. They have given us so much to work with and are empowering us to create something new for fans, while expanding the lore of the Predator. Having that quality bar raised by our partners has been a great driver for creating an amazing game.

So how does Predator: Hunting Grounds play? We're still pretty early in development – the game is due out next year – but I can give you some initial details about this competitive online multiplayer experience*.

For starters, we're big fans of asymmetrical multiplayer experiences, and we're building off our past successes in a whole new way with Predator: Hunting Grounds.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/09/predator-hunting-grounds-revealed-during-state-of-play/

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I haven't been this hype for PS exclusives ever, the potential behind SM2, Horizon 2, GoW 2, GoTsu, TLOU2, and DS are exciting. Not to mention they're sitting on BB2, I don't want anyone other than From working on it, but I feel like that bomb can drop within the next 3-4 years as well. Then there's whatever the new San Diego studio and 2nd team at GG is working on. The future is extra bright for WWS.
I'm going to need you to add Days Gone 2 to that list on behalf of Blackleg-sanji1

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I haven't been this hype for PS exclusives ever, the potential behind SM2, Horizon 2, GoW 2, GoTsu, TLOU2, and DS are exciting. Not to mention they're sitting on BB2, I don't want anyone other than From working on it, but I feel like that bomb can drop within the next 3-4 years as well. Then there's whatever the new San Diego studio and 2nd team at GG is working on. The future is extra bright for WWS.

Wait a second I think I haven't saw Dreams among those other games but I must be crazy right ?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imo the fact they developed and are now locked to Spider-Man (for some sequels) reduces the chance that Sony could acquire them in the near future
Not really, because Sony is the one who pays for the Spider-Man game. It's a Sony 1st party game. Insomniac is working FOR Sony to create the Spider-Man games.

Deleted member 56784

Banned
May 16, 2019
Yeah, it's crazy! I mean we get 3 super anticipated games in the next 16 months and then ps5 hits...
Super curious what Japan Studio is up to and what kind of new IP naughty dog is developing.

Deleted member 56784

Banned
May 16, 2019
Sci-fi seems to be the most requested Genre I think for what ND could do next. I would throw in something Espionage related. Either way, when the day comes, we will not be ready...

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/

qG35pLR.png

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone total sales we know:
Japan 160,183 - 3 weeks
UK 116,200 - 4 weeks
Spain 48,860 - 2 weeks *digital included
Germany 100K 1 week*digital estimated*

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Daily Star thinks that Blood and Truth is a pretty cool game:

We just didn't think it would emerge so complete, so impressive, so ready to prove to the game-playing public that Sony-standard games don't just come in the form of God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Of Us... they also come in the form of blockbuster VR games.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the rumor about Bluepoint being acquired by MS is not true. They had the most success with PS so far. :(

There are certain threads on Era that you shouldn't venture into. Some call those threads "weird," others call those threads "wonderful." But whatever side of the characterization of said threads you're most inclined to agree with, the one thing remains true about them is that they're not of this realm. 99.9% of what you'll find there is wishful thinking pulled from the gaming ether and presented as fact. To the point where some of the "sources" cited have moved from being anonymous to outright fantastical.

Threads such as these make the average E3 hopes and Dreams thread look plausible. And you know how WiLD we get in those threads.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
There are certain threads on Era that you shouldn't venture into. Some call those threads "weird," others call those threads "wonderful." But whatever side of the characterization of said threads you're most inclined to agree with, the one thing remains true about them is that they're not of this realm. 99.9% of what you'll find there is wishful thinking pulled from the gaming ether and presented as fact. To the point where some of the "sources" cited have moved from being anonymous to outright fantastical.

Threads such as these make the average E3 hopes and Dreams thread look plausible. And you know how WiLD we get in those threads.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Why would MS even buy them, Bluepoint is not even interested in making new games.
Founders opened this studio specifically for making enhanced ports/remasters.
I think they are headed in that direction actually. Based on them wanting to make bigger and bigger remakes (a scaling of their tech and what not), and what they said about already having talks about doing a game of their own in the Game Informer interview.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm surprised no one here has commented on that other rumour doing the rounds right now regarding Microsoft buying Insomniac, especially since that one is actually coming from a reliable source.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Maybe there isn't any truth to that rumour, but it's not hard to see how it started since it's entirely possible it could happen. MS is still planning to buy studios, Bluepoint is independent and are a talented studio. That they have worked on Sony projects doesn't mean anything, it's still a business.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised no one here has commented on that other rumour doing the rounds right now regarding Microsoft buying Insomniac, especially since that one is actually coming from a reliable source.

I haven't seen that rumour but Klobrille specifically said it wasn't Insomniac when he shared info about MS going after a mid size dev that had worked with Sony.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
I think Insomniac is going to stay independent. That's what they've said in the past about not wanting to be bought by PlayStation.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If Insomniac got bought by MS I'd melt down gonna keep it honest wit y'all
Thankfully, it'll never happen, so stop speculating about an acquisition from either MS or Sony every 2 days

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
I think they are headed in that direction actually. Based on them wanting to make bigger and bigger remakes (a scaling of their tech and what not), and what they said about already having talks about doing a game of their own in the Game Informer interview.
Would be a big mistake, on my opinion. Even experienced developers, like RAD for example, can struggle with that.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
If Insomniac got bought by MS I'd melt down gonna keep it honest wit y'all
Thankfully, it'll never happen, so stop speculating about an acquisition from either MS or Sony every 2 days

Same here, started playing Insomniac games from day 1 (Disruptor on PS1) and it'd suck if their games suddenly wouldn't release on Playstation consoles anymore. Either Sony should buy them or even better they just stay where they are right now.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
It would be so SONY to let MS buy Insomniac.

So yes, I believe it. This is the same company that lost the Soul exclusivity opportunity to Namco LUL

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
People be tripping about the acquisitions.

Insomniac is a big and expensive studio, they get funds from Sony, Oculus and i'm pretty sure every publisher will be ok to fund a game or two, they are not in a dangerous position and the CEO wants to remain indipendent.

This is the same company that lost the Soul exclusivity opportunity to Namco LUL

I mean, Namco and FS going multiplatform was the best possibile outcome (especially for FS), let's be real, Demons Souls is extremely niche, even more than Dark Souls, i don't think Sony was interested in securing an exclusive deal when they were worried about Demon's Souls and didn't want the game in the west in the first place by giving the publishing duties to Atlus USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.