• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Uggghhh...

Please give us new Part II trailer with gameplay too... : |

I don't mind little spoilers though.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think i have ever seed ND hype a game as much as TLOU2.
Can't blame them that gameplay trailer had the industry talking .
Every thing about to TLOU2 coming out going to be legendary from the preview , review threads etc etc and even afterwards lol.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
A clickers/infected gameplay in a harrowingly tense encounter in a decrepit skyscraper torn apart with water leaks and new forest blooming out of it. I wanna see!!

I wanna see new types of infected.

TLoU_1.png

BaldwinAce

Oct 28, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't you say a extra 2 months also gives them a bit more time for polishing their game? I would be worried if all there was to it was them being afraid of competition. So good to hear it's coming out in April though. :)
Sure, sure.

I definitely think the competition was the main reason though. I mean, heck, CoD moved because of RDR2. It doesn't mean they lack faith in their game or anything. It is just reality that launching around a big game like Anthem isn't really a good idea.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
It would make too much sense a bungie buyout but sony isn't interested
All that would be for is buzz. People would be talking "Sony buys Halo developers" obviously with sensational headlines. I don't think they even can make a great game anymore. They aren't the same team they were when they were with Microsoft.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My prediction for the review embargo will be April 22nd or 23rd. A few days before release.

I have zero interest in Bungie whatsoever and have no interest in seeing Sony acquire them. Way better development studios which also fit better with Sony's single player narrative story driven third person games. Nothing against Bungie but simply not for me. Would prefer to see Sony acquire Insomniac or another top tier single player focused studio instead.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
SONY they will not acquiring Bungie
SONY they will not acquiring anything
because there is no hint about it
so its better to talk about something else

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
No one wants 300 pages of baseless speculation and throwing every studio around.

SIE Worldwide Studios Dream Team

HUB SIE America:

- Naughty Dog
- Santa Monica Studios
- New San Diego Studio
- Sucker Punch
- Sony Bend
- Pixel Opus
- San Diego Studio (MLB)
- Insomniac Games?
- Bluepoint Games?
- Certain Affinity?
- Iron Galaxy?
- Turtle Rock?

HUB SIE Canada:

- Relic?
- Typhoon Studios?
- Jade Studio?
- Skybox Labs?
- CyberConnect2?

HUB SIE Worldwide UK:

- Guerilla Games
- London Studio
- Media Molecule
- Manchester Studio
- Creative Assembly?

HUB SIE France:

- Asobo Studio?
- Holoforge Studio?
- Dontnod?

HUB SIE Nordic:

- Remedy?
- IO Interactive?
- Paradox Interactive?

HUB SIE Europe ( 2 or 3 Studios ):

- 4A?
- The Farm 51?
- Bohemia Interactive?
- The Astronauts?
- People Can Fly?
- Techland?
- CD Projekt Red?

HUB SIE Japan( 2 or 3 Studios ):

- Japan Studio
- Polyphony Digital
- Platinum Games?
- From Software?
- CyberConnect2?
- Phantagram?
- ARC System Works?
- Mistwalker?
- Silicon Studio?
- Level 5?

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that MS is in talks with Bungie.

But you should be suprised if you hear that. Bungie wants to stay independent, they won't make the same mistake twice.

Also Bungie is way to expensive for both, SIE and the Xbox Division. NetEase paid $100 million a while ago for a minority stake. Now that Bungie also has the publishing rights for Destiny, you can expect them to be even more expensive. You'd probably have to pay more than $1 billion to own 100% of Bungie.

SIE Worldwide Studios Dream Team

HUB SIE America:

- Naughty Dog
- Santa Monica Studios
- New San Diego Studio
- Sucker Punch
- Sony Bend
- Pixel Opus
- San Diego Studio (MLB)
- Insomniac Games?
- Bluepoint Games?
- Certain Affinity?
- Iron Galaxy?
- Turtle Rock?

HUB SIE Canada:

- Relic?
- Typhoon Studios?
- Jade Studio?
- Skybox Labs?
- CyberConnect2?

HUB SIE Worldwide UK:

- Guerilla Games
- London Studio
- Media Molecule
- Manchester Studio
- Creative Assembly?

HUB SIE France:

- Asobo Studio?
- Holoforge Studio?
- Dontnod?

HUB SIE Nordic:

- Remedy?
- IO Interactive?
- Paradox Interactive?

HUB SIE Europe ( 2 or 3 Studios ):

- 4A?
- The Farm 51?
- Bohemia Interactive?
- The Astronauts?
- People Can Fly?
- Techland?
- CD Projekt Red?

HUB SIE Japan( 2 or 3 Studios ):

- Japan Studio
- Polyphony Digital
- Platinum Games?
- From Software?
- CyberConnect2?
- Phantagram?
- ARC System Works?
- Mistwalker?
- Silicon Studio?
- Level 5?

Haha, that's sneaky.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I know, it's still bad :P

Nah, well played Wandu.

The MS thread is a disaster. They just scan through the list of independent video game developers on wikipedia and speculate on Phil Spencer acquiring them. Nobody wants this thread to turn into that, especially with Bungie who want to be independent and self-publish their work.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
"What's up with these movies these days?"
"I think there's been too many zombie games this year..."
"Multiplayer will be dead after two weeks."
"Doesn't really seem to do anything that hasn't been done before."

Multiply that with a few hundred posts and we have a review thread.
"All Sony games are the same."
"Trees."

andresmoros

Oct 29, 2017
Houston
If I were Sony, I would add the following devs to the first party pool:

1-Kojima Productions. Kojima is a genius, and we need this man to have freedom to do whatever crazy shit he wants.
2-Insomniac Games. I don't understand how this hasn't happened, but all their games are fucking gold.
3-Remedy. They are the only other devs that can make Sony-like experiences without being Sony.
4-Turtle Rock. I think that Sony needs a FPS specialized studio, and these guys know their shit.
5-Bluepoint. They have been doing awesome work. We want more of it.
6-Iron Galaxy. They have a very talented team, and they could do wonders. I would give them the PlayStation All Star Battle Royale franchise and ask them to go full smash clone, and give that game a big budget to get a great production.

This is me just dreaming.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If I were Sony, I would add the following devs to the first party pool:

1-Kojima Productions. Kojima is a genius, and we need this man to have freedom to do whatever crazy shit he wants.
2-Insomniac Games. I don't understand how this hasn't happened, but all their games are fucking gold.
3-Remedy. They are the only other devs that can make Sony-like experiences without being Sony.
4-Turtle Rock. I think that Sony needs a FPS specialized studio, and these guys know their shit.
5-Bluepoint. They have been doing awesome work. We want more of it.
6-Iron Galaxy. They have a very talented team, and they could do wonders. I would give them the PlayStation All Star Battle Royale franchise and ask them to go full smash clone, and give that game a big budget to get a great production.

This is me just dreaming.

Insomniac simply wants to be indipendent and It's okay, Sony has build a strong partnership with them over the years so there is no need to acquire them.

Indominus

Jan 11, 2018
I know it won't happen, but i'd really like to see Sony having a more aggressive policy about spoilers for TLOU2. Especially with youtubers who put spoilers on thumbnails and/or titles. Their type of games are the one who most suffers with this.

I'm still mad about getting spoiled on certain aspects of the story in GoW and RDR2. I, naively, thought Rockstar/T2 would do something like that for RDR2. They are giant and could endure the "backlash" from the youtubers, but they obviously didn't. One day after release, already had thumbnails with end game spoilers lol.

It's pretty clean that Youtube won't do anything, so the restrictions needs to come from the publishers. People would still be able to upload playthroughs of the whole game, but just don't put the biggest spoilers you can think of on the thumbnail, c'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.