• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I have no idea if Sony is going to buy any studio or not, but they urgently need to start looking at Canada more carefully (maybe even creating a new studio over there). The amount of talent is huge, and a big AAA Sony Studio over there could attract people from several other companies (Beenox, Bioware, EA, Eidos, Rockstar, Red Barrels, Square, Ubi and Warner... All have studios there)

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Some The Last of Us Part II fan art (photoshop) from Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofu..._us_part_ii_infected_wolf_fanart_my/?sort=top
budyp1xwsp921.jpg

Shiiieeeet, imagine having that running straight at you
I wouldn't mind infected animals in Part II, I just don't want a pack of infected dogs charging at me, I feel like that's been used a bunch in the past and it's typically boring. I think an infected bear or something would be cool, but mainly as a one time thing that happens and takes a while to take down.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I know it won't happen, but i'd really like to see Sony having a more aggressive policy about spoilers for TLOU2. Especially with youtubers who put spoilers on thumbnails and/or titles. Their type of games are the one who most suffers with this.

I'm still mad about getting spoiled on certain aspects of the story in GoW and RDR2. I, naively, thought Rockstar/T2 would do something like that for RDR2. They are giant and could endure the "backlash" from the youtubers, but they obviously didn't. One day after release, already had thumbnails with end game spoilers lol.

It's pretty clean that Youtube won't do anything, so the restrictions needs to come from the publishers. People would still be able to upload playthroughs of the whole game, but just don't put the biggest spoilers you can think of on the thumbnail, c'mon.

Is there someway to have youtube block content for certain words?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had any trouble dodging spoilers, probably because i don't watch trailers outside of press conference stuff. If you watch every trailer a publisher puts out for a game then the majority of the cutscenes, locations, and gameplay mechanics will be spoiled.

They literally just stream hours and hours of the game nowadays, it's insane. People know everything about games before they come out. I don't know about you guys, but i steer clear of that shit.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I haven't had any trouble dodging spoilers, probably because i don't watch trailers outside of press conference stuff. If you watch every trailer a publisher puts out for a game then the majority of the cutscenes, locations, and gameplay mechanics will be spoiled.

They literally just stream hours and hours of the game nowadays, it's insane. People know everything about games before they come out. I don't know about you guys, but i steer clear of that shit.
It's less of that and more thumbnails from Youtube. I mean there were some people who had significant God of War spoilers the night of release in thumbnails. SSM didn't really show a whole lot in marketing and I didn't even watch the last trailer they put out. But you have to actively pursue avoiding spoilers these days. VideoBlocker on YouTube and muting words on Twitter. I take no chances lol.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped Beyond/IGN years ago. Their content is very poor.
Ewww. Brian and Lucy are usually pretty solid as well.
I check in on the occasional podcast if the topic seems interesting, but it doesn't take long until I hear something I know is complete bullshit and then I tune out, because it's just too much to know that these people have a pretty substantial audience and they're not doing an acceptable level of diligence. It's a shame because I also think Brian and Lucy are generally great, but there's definitely a lot of misinformation over there.

Sony should resurrect Extermination and tap him to helm the game. Or something that acts as a spiritual successor to both Extermination and Dead Space.
I don't see the appeal in digging up dead-end IP where appeal is almost non existent, so I'd prefer the second option. That being a new IP that is inspired by the best in the genre, like Dead Space was.

ND animator talking about another ND animator...
Be excited.
ND systems designer:
This game is going to be something else. Could it have a greater impact than the first game did at the very end of a generation? I think so.

Last edited:

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know it won't happen, but i'd really like to see Sony having a more aggressive policy about spoilers for TLOU2. Especially with youtubers who put spoilers on thumbnails and/or titles. Their type of games are the one who most suffers with this.

I'm still mad about getting spoiled on certain aspects of the story in GoW and RDR2. I, naively, thought Rockstar/T2 would do something like that for RDR2. They are giant and could endure the "backlash" from the youtubers, but they obviously didn't. One day after release, already had thumbnails with end game spoilers lol.

It's pretty clean that Youtube won't do anything, so the restrictions needs to come from the publishers. People would still be able to upload playthroughs of the whole game, but just don't put the biggest spoilers you can think of on the thumbnail, c'mon.

It will be disgraceful. The spoiler trolls will be everywhere.

Also, I bet we will have a lot of "Opss forgot to spoiler tag it" or "Ooops wrong thread" in the review thread

PLEASE MODS BAN SPOILER THREADS FOR TLOU2

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017

Also, I bet we will have a lot of "Opss forgot to spoiler tag it" or "Ooops wrong thread" in the review thread

Guess I should cancel the "What did y'all think of Joel being a ghost?" thread I had planned for the day of the game's release.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado

I concur! I do not want to see a spoiler thread for TLOU2. It should be harder to come across spoilers anyway imo, it'd be too easy for someone to go into that thread, catch a huge spoiler then pull a dick move and ruin it for a bunch of ppl in this thread or another Sony related thread.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I concur! I do not want to see a spoiler thread for TLOU2. It should be harder to come across spoilers anyway imo, it'd be too easy for someone to go into that thread, catch a huge spoiler then pull a dick move and ruin it for a bunch of ppl in this thread or another Sony related thread.

I hate the spoiler threads. They slowly work against my own weakness to look at them. Even when I buy a game day 1, it can take me a good month to finish it as I normally only play at the weekend after the kids are in bed.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have no idea if Sony is going to buy any studio or not, but they urgently need to start looking at Canada more carefully (maybe even creating a new studio over there). The amount of talent is huge, and a big AAA Sony Studio over there could attract people from several other companies (Beenox, Bioware, EA, Eidos, Rockstar, Red Barrels, Square, Ubi and Warner... All have studios there)

Hear hear!

Sony, if you are reading this, I believe I am a strong candidate to be a senior level designer (or even studio head) at a hypothetical Sony Studios Toronto (SST).

Experience:
  • armchair developer on ResetEra (2017-present)
  • armchair developer on NeoGaf (2015-2017)

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
A clickers/infected gameplay in a harrowingly tense encounter in a decrepit skyscraper torn apart with water leaks and new forest blooming out of it. I wanna see!!
I'm actually pretty glad that Naughty Dog's focus is on the human aspect just like the first game ultimately was even though the infected was a big part of the game, and it's telling that they've only teased the infected so far. Not only this but they've left themselves so much room to blow the doors off. Things we haven't actually properly seen but only teased:
They can go blowout mode at any point, several times over before the game launches.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
I'm actually pretty glad that Naughty Dog's focus is on the human aspect just like the first game ultimately was even though the infected was a big part of the game, and it's telling that they've only teased the infected so far. Not only this but they've left themselves so much room to blow the doors off. Things we haven't actually properly seen but only teased:
They can go blowout mode at any point, several times over before the game launches.
It's kinda crazy to think that the game was revealed in 2016 yet outside the clickers running at the end of the PGW trailer we haven't seen them at all. Love it!

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
What's the current consensus on a Demon's Souls Remaster/Remake? I stumbled across a contract material artist for Bluepoint on artstation.com while looking for any news on what they are working on. His content went dark about 6 months ago but 1 month ago he posted a Medieval Building texture and a Stone Block texture with the following text.

I was really inspired in some medieval buildings and I tried to get out of my comfort zone and bring materials outside the nature theme etc.
I have plans for 2019 and some changes are about to happen, stay tuned

Problem is I've got no idea how long he's been on contract at Bluepoint or if he's even currently doing work for them. Edit* well not necessarily dark but he went 'quieter'. Roughly at the same time as these two textures there's also a lot of terrain from rocky texture to stone paved ground. Great stuff too. These two were the only ones that stood out as possible Demons Souls connection however this is obviously his own content not for Bluepoint.

What do you say? Is the dream alive? Am I reaching way too far with desperate longing? METAL GEAR?!

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
What's the current consensus on a Demon's Souls Remaster/Remake? I stumbled across a contract material artist for Bluepoint on artstation.com while looking for any news on what they are working on. His content went dark about 6 months ago but 1 month ago he posted a Medieval Building texture and a Stone Block texture with the following text.

Problem is I've got no idea how long he's been on contract at Bluepoint or if he's even currently doing work for them.

What do you say? Is the dream alive? Am I reaching way too far with desperate longing? METAL GEAR?!
Plenty of people have been begging for it throughout the entire generation

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Problem is I've got no idea how long he's been on contract at Bluepoint or if he's even currently doing work for them.

I would love to see Bluepoint tackle a Silent Hill 2 remake but that's probably never going to happen so Demon's Souls works just fine.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Eidos and Square Enix are the same company (Eidos Montreal are a AAA dev, while Square Enix Montreal are a mobile dev) and so are EA and Bioware lol

You could make the same argument that they should have a Swedish dev too, seeing as there's a ton of studios there (EA via DICE and Ghost Games, Activision via King, Ubisoft via Massive and Ubi Stockholm, Bethesda via MachineGames plus Starbreeze, Remedy, IO Interactive, Tarsier, Arrowhead, etc) but I think it'd be a mistake to just follow the trends other publishers have been making, especially when Eidos Montreal and WB Montreal seem like messes from the stories we've heard about them. Sony should do what works for them.

Oct 27, 2017
They got lost in the sauce.

Or probably never bothered migrating from GAF to ERA.

Shinobi used to leak/hint at a lot of stuff, but as he now works for a developer he probably doesn't as it's a conflict of interest.
I'm pretty sure Matt used to as well. I don't believe he does any more buy I don't know why.
Verendus turned out to be a fraud but I still think he had some connections.
What was the name of that guy who heavily hinted towards Bloodborne and turned out he worked for SSM? I think his name was like Demon something and he has a teethy avatar.

Can't think of anyone else who used to be in this topic on Gaf leaking stuff or giving us strong hints.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Eidos and Square Enix are the same company (Eidos Montreal are a AAA dev, while Square Enix Montreal are a mobile dev) and so are EA and Bioware lol

You could make the same argument that they should have a Swedish dev too, seeing as there's a ton of studios there (EA via DICE and Ghost Games, Activision via King, Ubisoft via Massive and Ubi Stockholm, Bethesda via MachineGames plus Starbreeze, Remedy, IO Interactive, Tarsier, Arrowhead, etc) but I think it'd be a mistake to just follow the trends other publishers have been making, especially when Eidos Montreal and WB Montreal seem like messes from the stories we've heard about them. Sony should do what works for them.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think they helped with the development of Just Cause 4. I would need to check the credits for that. 🤔
Fewer and fewer recognisable faces for Sony...
Who said she was leaving Sony? Maybe she will be working as a community manager for Sony Lonfon Studio (as I don't see her moving too far away) like James Stevenson does for Insomniac Games. ;)

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I think they helped with the development of Just Cause 4. I would need to check the credits for that. 🤔
According to JC4's credits, one Square Enix Montreal employee worked support on it. So nope, they're as much of a mobile developer as they were when Square Enix founded the studio.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
My tuppence on recent discussion points...

TLOUII 'concern' will be about the violence, ND 'fakeness' and The LESBIAN AGENDA ND are forcing on us all. The latter won't happen here of course but there will be much cognitive dissonance between those supporting ND's stance on representation & women getting their arms broken with a claw hammer.

Acquisitions in a creative industry are a way of throwing money at a problem that is never, ever solved by throwing money at it. As someone pointed out upthread, organic growth within and organisation over a long period is what yields results.

Not to mention the culture & integration issues that come with mergers because, despite what the company with the $$$ might say about 'we won't touch or interfere with the thing that made our acquisition great', they always do in some way.

San Diego studio - one thing I've noticed people citing as evidence they're working on a UC title is the 'Next chapter of cinematic gaming' from a recruitment ad or tweet. This could just as easily mean that they're taking the existing model for cinematic SP games & developing the way they play as games - the next chapter.

NPD threads are going to be insufferable this year. Between 'consoles are dead and streaming is where it's at!' and the inevitable monthly wins the Switch will have (I mean it has to be this year, right? All those 2018 domination predictions can't be wrong again) it's gonne be a loooong 12-18 months before we get solid PS5 launch cycle hype.

Last edited:

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
My tuppence on recent discussion points...

TLOUII 'concern' will be about the violence, ND 'fakeness' and The LESBIAN AGENDA ND are forcing on us all. The latter won't happen here of course but there will be much cognitive dissonance between those supporting ND's stance on representation & women getting their arms broken with a claw hammer.

Acquisitions in a creative industry are a way of throwing money at a problem that is never, ever solved by throwing money at it. As someone pointed out upthread, organic growth within and organisation over a long period is what yields results.

Not to mention the culture & integration issues that come with mergers because, despite what the company with the $$$ might say about 'we won't touch or interfere with the thing that made our acquisition great', they always do in some way.

Sam Diego studio - one thing I've noticed people citing as evidence they're working on a UC title is the 'Next chapter of cinematic gaming'. This could just as easily mean that they're taking the existing model for cinematic SP games & developing the way they play as games - the next chapter.

NPD threads are going to be insufferable this year. Between 'consoles are dead and streaming is where it's at!' and the inevitable monthly wins the Switch will have (I mean it has to be this year, right? All those 2018 domination predictions can't be wrong again) it's gonne be a loooong 12-18 months before we get solid PS5 launch cycle hype.

Sony would want to continue to do something in the Uncharted universe.. The new studio makes sense because of that tbh.. plus they having support from ND

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Just those three guys on PS Access is going to be a huge downgrade. Hollie was always repping for JRPGs.

Bongodaddy

Oct 27, 2017

Just a small aside, but IO is Danish, not Swedish.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
San Diego studio - one thing I've noticed people citing as evidence they're working on a UC title is the 'Next chapter of cinematic gaming' from a recruitment ad or tweet. This could just as easily mean that they're taking the existing model for cinematic SP games & developing the way they play as games - the next chapter.
Why do people keep ignoring that the "Next chapter in cinematic gaming" job listing was for VASG, not the new studio? It talked about collaborating with Naughty Dog, Kojima Productions, Guerrilla, Sony Santa Monica, Japan Studio, etc in the next paragraph.

I'm going to love the reactions people have if my suspicions that the new studio is MP focused turn out to be right.

Just a small aside, but IO is Danish, not Swedish.
Ah shit. Thanks, I really should've double checked beforehand. Take them out and add Avalanche in their place then.

Status
Not open for further replies.