• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Glad Era took kindly to that suggestion lmao. I honestly doubt it but Sony could really troll with us and push that megaconference back even more. I would fucking hate that but it is what it is.

I just want to see some Sony magic again. I acted all tough when they announced they were skipping E3 but deep inside, I was destroyed.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I mainly want to know about the games already announced for ps4. However, I have a hunch that we will get info soon. Days gone preview event Feb. 13th, a dreams special announcement Feb. 20th (anniversary of announcement so release date probably). Perhaps March or April we will see the show, however, if by May we don't get anything I would think they would wait until December.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not expecting Sony to be at Gamescom, Paris Games Week or hold PSX. I do believe that they will be at TGS and hold a conference there but that's it. Wouldn't mind this at all and rather see Sony go into early 2020 with a PlayStation 5 reveal.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm not expecting Sony to be at Gamescom, Paris Games Week or hold PSX. I do believe that they will be at TGS and hold a conference there but that's it. Wouldn't mind this at all and rather see Sony go into early 2020 with a PlayStation 5 reveal.
They really should have their own conference

- story trailer for Ghost
- MP gameplay trailer for TLOU 2
- possibly DS
- Dreams trailer and date reveal
- whatever other surprises they have in store

No way in heck at least one of those doesn't release this year.
I don't know how these people legitimately except none of these games to show up. Talking about one of the most proficient studios of all time, another that they've played the game from start to finish and demo'd the first 2 hours to another studio, and another studio that's on their 6th year making a game.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really should have their own conference

- story trailer for Ghost
- MP gameplay trailer for TLOU 2
- possibly DS
- Dreams trailer and date reveal
- whatever other surprises they have in store

I simply prefer to see Sony save that money and put it all towards PlayStation 5 console itself, PSN, launch titles and exclusives in general.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Just to make it clear, I hope my cynicism is wrong :)

Edit:
To chime in on when Sony's next presentation will be, I'm in the PSX 2019 camp where the PS5 is teased.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Sony seems to be doing random independent stuff with Dreams and Days Gone getting more trailers and updates. For bigger games they would have to make more noise with their teasing. Substantial stuff with PS5 could be subjected to main conferences. I dunno what Sony's relationship with E3 is considering they don't like how the ESA is struggling to determine if it's a trade show or a Comic-Con and how much money they spend for conferences people aren't too fond of.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
giphy.webp

That is one disgusting ass gif.

But yeah, sucks that Sony doesn't seem to have anything at all for us. If they really believe that they would have had nothing worthwhile to show then they're really losing their touch.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I think Sony has lost interest into attending Gamescom and PGW. Their last booth at GC was so poor. There was only one mentionable title and it was Spider-Man. But they could have much more.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean...i really think a conference where they would announce a PS4 pricecut, show Dreams, Days Gone, The Last Of Us 2 (and announce the release date for fall 2019), Ghost of Tsushima for 2020 and same for Death Stranding. Plus Medievil, etc...in like half an hour / 1 hour wouldn't hurt them tbh.
Something like this for March this year. One last big push for the PS4.
I still find it weird that a price cut isn't something they considered at this point. Those magical 200$ would bring them a lot of money, specially for the PSN which is where the money is.
All this silence from their part is weird at this point.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Sara better not be dead in Days Gone man... don't make that the promotion like that if she's dead.
I'm not so sure now she is dead. IIRC, the devs said in an interview that you don't see dead loved ones in Days Gone. Sooooo...? Maybe she was recruited by the government to find a solution to the current "freaker" problem and Boozer made Deacon believe she was dead so they could survive together. When those RSVP invites started being sent out, I started to wonder why they gave information about her background in "Biochemistry". Maybe the freakers virus was released originally by a bio-weapon sent to the U.S. ?

torresregen

Banned
Jan 13, 2019
What's the latest coming out of Sony related to PSVR? Any particular department working on a new version? And how many first party studios will incorporate it? Would love to see more Sony first party studios adopting it like Skyrim and Borderlands did

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean...i really think a conference where they would announce a PS4 pricecut, show Dreams, Days Gone, The Last Of Us 2 (and announce the release date for fall 2019), Ghost of Tsushima for 2020 and same for Death Stranding. Plus Medievil, etc...in like half an hour / 1 hour wouldn't hurt them tbh.
I still find it weird that a price cut isn't something they considered at this point. Those magical 200$ would bring them a lot of money, specially for the PSN which is where the money is.
especially with PS4Pro being just $100 more. If they had a nice stagger of PS4 being $200 and Pro being $400 and then cut Pro when PS5 comes (I'm assuming $400 or $500) that would be perfect.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

I don't expect Sony to drop the price of the PS4 until they have a redesign for it, and I don't expect it to hit that "magical" $200 price point this year.

It'll be $249 with a top loader, coming in September or whatever. (And they'll probably keep the Pro the same price but bump it up to 2TB.)

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The release dates they have been quite vocal about not revealing before they know for sure they can hit them. However, the part where Layden goes out saying we want to speak to the fans more and find new ways to communicate with them has been a no show at this point. We are soon in mid February approaching March and not a single word on what their strategies are for communicating with us.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
TLOU: Part II is coming this year. My uncle works for Nintendo and Sony contracted them to do the Switch port so yeah look forward to it this Fall.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony decided not to do PSX and skip E3 2019 because they don't have anything new to show and from their perspective, just isn't worth the money, time and resources but yet some here believe that they should do a 30 - 60 minute conference despite the fact that they decided not to do their own fan event last year and skip E3 2019 as well. If Sony was going to hold any type of conference in 2019, they wouldn't have decided not to attend E3.

Really don't know why anyone here would be worried, concerned, bored, anxious, etc. or whatever the case may be when Sony and PlayStation 4 is simply dominating. Sony has dominated gaming with PlayStation since 1995 (1994 in Japan) and have crushed the competition in three out of four generations and the one generation they didn't was solely because of the Cell processor which if it wasn't for that, PlayStation 3 would have had more price cuts including the kick ass everyone is buying one $99.99 price point which would have not only led them to winning last gen instead of being in second place (or first if you want to exclude the fluke of Wii) but more importantly, dominating for three generations straight and now, four.

Sony crushed two established heavyweight veterans in Nintendo and Sega back with the original PlayStation and drove one out of the hardware manufacturing business while dominating the other almost into submission. Seriously, im loving all the silence. It's awesome. Simply because I know it's the calm before the storm. And because since 1995, I have confidence in Sony to continue dominating because until the Microsoft's and Nintendo's of the world can surpass them and legitimately be better than Sony, I wouldn't be worried or concerned at all and even then, I wouldn't be worried or concerned simply because anyone can win "once" but let's see if you can win more than once and repeatedly in a row.

Sony has MLB 2019 in a month or so, Days Gone, a few AA titles in Concrete Genie, Dreams and MediEvil as well as a few PSVR titles and this is all BEFORE Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us Part 2. Not only this but Sony has come off a dominating last two years with God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider Man, Uncharted The Lost Legacy and Detroit Become Human among several others.

And yet, some here don't like the silence. SMH. I say enjoy it. Revel in it. Embrace it. Love it. Because when Sony decides to break the silence, it won't be some tweet or whimper, no, it will be a loud explosion. And when that happens, it will be well worth the silence that came before it.

Clocian

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Apr 23, 2018
I need some new Ghost gameplay in my life. We have yet to see ninja gameplay

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Sarah is alive and works for the company responsible for whatever bug caused the Freakers, leaving Deacon to ponder on his choices BUT it'll be revealed that she was fighting against EvilCorp BUT was the one who dropped the Petrie dish the virus was in BUT also she's secretly in love with Deacon's liability mate BUT then the game goes Rule34 with a horde.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I won't give up my hope for a conference, direct or any kind of event in 2019.

Though, it is very strange that Sony still hasn't provided any information about what they are planning for this year. It would be bizarre If new ways of communication with fans means having no communication at all with them.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Logic suggests ideally one of the big (TLOU2/DS/GoT) should make 2019 but I'm skeptical because Sony hasn't put a year on any of these titles.

iirc both GoW and Spider-Man were given a calendar year at E3 2017. Even Uncharted 4 and Horizon when they were months away from completion were give a calendar year.

Can we expect something to come out of DICE summit?

Status
Not open for further replies.