• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I really don't care about the release date. Just don't rush the game.
Rush? What do you mean rush? They were working on it before being transferred on Uncharted 4, but then that game released in May 2016. If you consider that ND managed to ship UC4 in about 2 year after bringing Neil and Bruce on the project officially in March or June 2014, a 2019 release for TLOU pt 2 is not that farfetched. Also, it has been almost 3 years since and will be almost 4 years if we count the work they must have put on it before the changes in the projects.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Made a thread on the big rumors about Gran Turismo 7 being a launch title for the PS5
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gr...ystation-5-launch-title.111961/#post-19922921

Comes from this Pastebin leak which was posted in December of last year. Everything here lines up with the specs Cerny detailed today + some more rumored stuff like extra tier of PS Plus.
https://pastebin.com/PY9vaTsR

GCJR3l3.png

Obviously it's nothing set in stone or anything but it's interesting to take a look with what we know now. I wouldn't put it past Polyphony to get GT7 out for the PS5, especially since they've been demoing their ray-tracing tech recently.

I do think the whole remaster thing does put some doubt on this leak though considering the PS5 will be backwards compat with the PS4.

can you guys just use your brains?

he says he has dev kits but doesn't know the speed of the CPU, and then comes up with GTA6 in 2020 lmao ugh

please, I beg you

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
TLOU2 is the type of game that want to avoid if you're making an AAA game. It's going to dominate the conversation whenever it comes out.

Nov 8, 2017
Is it common for collectors editions of games like Days Gone to not ship until the day the game is released? You can have the regular version of the game show up to your door on the 26th but all the retailers I've seen that sell the collectors edition say that it doesn't ship until April 26th. It's out of stock at Amazon yet again and I wonder what's up with that. Are they so much more popular that it's selling like hotcakes and they can't keep up or are they limiting their own stock of the collectors edition? It seems to be available to order from all the other large retailers.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I dont get how a AAA game gets made in less than 2.5 years. Especially one as big as this one. I cant fathom how? I would be glad if its 2019 but I also worry about the quality if thats the case.

Wasn't there articles of Naughty Dog's insane crunch culture a while back? That could shorten a project if they've become used to it.
Edit: And a lot of outsourcing would help.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
So I've been thinking, and I think we might be seeing a new State of Play in May, with a focus on The Last of Us Part II and the new Call of Duty.
Benji already said he believes The Last of Us Part II is coming this fall or early 2020. If Sony is indeed looking to launch the game as early as this fall Sony will have to make an announcement really soon, and with them skipping E3 this year we can already rule that out. And when it comes to Call of Duty, we know an announcement is very close as Call of Duty games usually get revealed with a trailer near the end of April or the beginning of May. It is however unlikely that Activision will reveal the game then as Black Ops 4's new big update is scheduled to release then and Activision probably wants to avoid an overlap between the two. Pushing the reveal 1 or 2 weeks would put it at the middle of May.

Having a new State of Play with both The Last of Us Part II and the new Call of Duty would benefit Activision and Sony quite well. Activision would have a huge crowd of people who normally don't tune into Call of Duty reveals see the reveal trailer for the new Call of Duty, while Sony would have the Call of Duty crowd see a line-up of upcoming PlayStation 4 games including their next big blockbuster: The Last of Us Part II. Sony could alsot throw in Mark Cerny or someone like Shawn Layden to talk about the recent PS5 details in the Wired article, and throw in a few smaller games and VR games and you'd have an absolutely fantastic State of Play, it would basically be a prerecorded mini-E3.

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
I think a State of Play in May is too early.
Sony wants to leave May to push Days Gone Imo.
First week of June, maybe 3 days before Microsoft E3.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
As far as Part II's development goes, Emilia Schatz (the co-lead game designer on the game) said that it initially went into development after the original completed. But then it was obviously put on hold as the team moved over to complete Uncharted 4. But then after that some went to make The Lost Legacy while others like Neil, Emilia, Anthony Newman (co-game director) and Richard Cambier (co-lead game designer) went back to working on Part II. So it's been in development longer than some think it has.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it common for collectors editions of games like Days Gone to not ship until the day the game is released? You can have the regular version of the game show up to your door on the 26th but all the retailers I've seen that sell the collectors edition say that it doesn't ship until April 26th. It's out of stock at Amazon yet again and I wonder what's up with that. Are they so much more popular that it's selling like hotcakes and they can't keep up or are they limiting their own stock of the collectors edition? It seems to be available to order from all the other large retailers.
Amazon has been shit for almost every ps exclusive for awhile. It's why I went thru GameStop

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Upcoming triple-A game in 2019? Hmmmm. I'm thinking it's one of the big three but if it's unannounced what the hell is Sony waiting for and why aren't they at E3?

The biggest publishers announce and release AAA games within 6 months of each other every year, there's no reason why Sony can't do it here, and a state of play accomplishes everything an E3 press event would, but perfectly presented the way they want and at a fraction of the cost.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
The biggest publishers announce and release AAA games within 6 months of each other every year, there's no reason why Sony can't do it here, and a state of play accomplishes everything an E3 press event would, but perfectly presented the way they want and at a fraction of the cost.
The thing is Sony operates differently than a lot of publishers lately, by announcing big titles at least two years in advance.... however, they did reveal projects at State of Play that were closer to release, so who knows.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, given the info they talked about on Spider-Man in the Wired article I wonder if Spider-Man 2 will have a full sized Manhattan instead of the truncated one we got. The part about unlocking Spider-Mans web slinging speed to "fighter jet" levels means one could traverse a full sized Manhattan very quickly, so having the map be too big shouldn't be a problem.

Also the whole thing about being able to load world assets so much faster has be VERY excited about what could be done in Horizon 2. I really hope they'll let us fly so we can take in the entire glorious world from high above.

Status
Not open for further replies.