• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
E3 time will be hard this year, I am not even sure if I will be able to control myself from giving a kneejerk reaction. Although E3 is a bit under my radar this year as E3 Nintendo Directs usually aren't the biggest and Sony not being there this year has certainly dampened the hype.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
There's also that new From Software game that might show up during this E3.

Cyberpunk, From and, especially, FF VII-R are more than enough for me to not really care about Sony's absence. Plenty more excited about this E3 than last year.

WACCOE-1919

May 9, 2019
A decent DS or TLOU 2 trailer prior or during E3 would be enough for me this year. Not expecting it like, but would be enough to quell the concern trolling.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
A decent DS or TLOU 2 trailer prior or during E3 would be enough for me this year. Not expecting it like, but would be enough to quell the concern trolling.
Unless Kojima plans on really sitting on that trailer he's being teasing and his words a few weeks ago about maybe showing something "in a month or" aren't accurate, we'll most likely have some DS stuff sooner than later.

That's really the only reason I'm not disregarding the possibility of a new SoP in June or July (well, that and the chance of TLOU2 coming out this year, which I'm still hopeful for). Although Kojima being Kojima could just show off DS on his own or through other venues.

Oct 25, 2017
Is Microsoft actually showing next gen stuff at E3?
You can bet on it
^^
You know out of the last Big 3 large exclusives left(dreams technically out) Ds bothers me the most lol. Nd quiet in they bunker, crunching away they'll show it whe they show it(which admittedly should've been done already but whatever) sucker punch quiet they on a new ip totally understandable. But Kojima pro tease do damn much jesus

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
based off hints from a few insiders here, the most logical assumption is they will talk about next gen but more in the form of services, xcloud, etc. rather than the consoles and the performance.

I think Shinobi himself have said that they are not going to show the new console. Maybe they wont even talk about it (just about services) but I am not sure if I remember it correctly.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Has anyone already posted this? this is not a Sony first party studio but Insomniac's session at GDC 2019 was just posted today.

Marvel's Spider-Man: A Technical postmortem

I'm not in software engineering (a chemist by profession) but being a former software engineering student I find it interesting how they tackled the technical challenges in the Spider-man game. It's tech heavy talk and I hav difficulty trying to catch everything the presenter is speaking of but it's a very interesting breakdown of the nuts and bolts of Spider-man.

This is really good. His talk about the problems of having to load the files straight from the HDD made me think that they must have been one of the great advocates for the need for an SSD on PS5.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Guys we can drop the whole charade of caring about Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, and The Last of Us Part II. Now that Predator Hunting Grounds is announced we actually have something to look forward to.

Joking aside, I'm way more excited to find out more about Predator than any other game.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm guessing "something new and unique" is meant for the game and not something specific they are working on? People who have seen the game always described it like that, what are you cooking Kojima.
Yeah I think they're talking about the game in general as well. Kojima tweeted a few days ago saying he was working with the audio for the game in general rather than a project/trailer. Ludvig's constantly flying to the US to work with Sony's audio team on the game.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm guessing "something new and unique" is meant for the game and not something specific they are working on? People who have seen the game always described it like that, what are you cooking Kojima.

In this case, given who they're working with, I wonder if it's going to have a big 3D audio showcase component for the PS5 which would be new, unique and hopefully amazing.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I have a strange theory that Kojima can show the trailer at the PC conference at E3 to end once and for all with the doubt whether the game will be released or not for the PC. Even more with this "partnership" that Sony has been doing with Epic.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I have a strange theory that Kojima can show the trailer at the PC conference at E3 to end once and for all with the doubt whether the game will be released or not for the PC. Even more with this "partnership" that Sony has been doing with Epic.

Right after the tweet about playstation assisting in the audio department as well for the game... Incredibly doubtful.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Incredibly doubtful. Given that Kojima uses a Sony engine (GG's Decima Engine) for the game and that both the trademark and IP seem to be Sony owned too. It wouldn't be his call when to show the trailer. It is Sony's given they ARE the publisher.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly nowadays do you actually need an E3 or State or Play to show off a trailer. Couldnt they just drop it on social media?

Another thing you could speculate is that Geoff Keighley will probably host an E3 thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Kojima shows up there.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly nowadays do you actually need an E3 or State or Play to show off a trailer. Couldnt they just drop it on social media?
I've been in this camp for awhile. A PlayStation Blog post and YouTube video is more than fine. But since State of Play is now a thing, they might as well (and probably will) sit on their new trailers.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
Incredibly doubtful. Given that Kojima uses a Sony engine (GG's Decima Engine) for the game and that both the trademark and IP seem to be Sony owned too. It wouldn't be his call when to show the trailer.

That along with Mark Cerny being the technical producer, Kojima setting up a satellite studio at guerilla, and Kojima meeting with Sony marketing execs on the regular curb on PC chances imo. All this PC talk started with an interview that was later deleted and that was released before the game had even entered full production.

Epic games deals have only ever been minor exclusives by a now third party developer.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Another thing you could speculate is that Geoff Keighley will probably host an E3 thing. Wouldn't be surprised if Kojima shows up there.
Doubtful that Sony would release trailers for their biggest releases (TLOU, DS, GoTsu) out of the blue on the PlayStation Blog.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
That along with Mark Cerny being the technical producer, Kojima setting up a satellite studio at guerilla, and Kojima meeting with Sony marketing execs on the regular curb on PC chances imo. All this PC talk started with an interview that was later deleted and that was released before the game had even entered full production.

Epic games deals have only ever been minor exclusives by a now third party developer.
I wouldn't be surprised if Kojima Productions would become part of Sony WWS after E3 given that they already have a satellite studio at Guerilla.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
They did it in 2018 with God Of War, Detroit and Spider-Man, right? (Although these games have release windows)
God of War had a special press event like they did for Days Gone. Detroit was coming before E3. Sony didn't have a choice to show the release date on the PlayStation blog a few weeks before its release. As for Spider-man, they had an E3 trailer for it.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
There's no reason Kojima can't release a trailer outside a State of Play, but it'd be weird to me.

You'd think Sony would want to maximize their States of Play, making them more of an event when they announce one (like I think FFVII-R can achieve). As in, they're good vehicles for smaller and VR titles, and giving space (and potentially big news such a release date would be) to their huge games is good for the audience to be introduced to the non-AAA stuff.

I'm still betting on a State of Play probably featuring DS and TLOU2 (hopefully GOT too) during mid-to-late June at the earliest: Summer is long, even if it might not be the biggest gaming season on its own.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Not necessarily the PS Blog only. But maybe tease a couple of days before then put it on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Instagram etc. Similar to how Rockstar does.
I understood what you meant, but for titles such The Last of Us pt.2, Death Standing and Ghost of Tsushima, Sony would most likely hype their showing through their social media channels for something like a new State of Play.
Why would AMD show a Sony-owned game running on a Sony-owned engine at their event?
There's no reason Kojima can't release a trailer outside a State of Play, but it'd be weird to me.

You'd think Sony would want to maximize their States of Play, making them more of an event when they announce one (like I think FFVII-R can achieve). As in, they're good vehicles for smaller and VR titles, and giving space (and potentially big news such a release date would be) to their huge games is good for the audience to be introduced to the non-AAA stuff.

I'm still betting on a State of Play probably featuring DS and TLOU2 (hopefully GOT too) during mid-to-late June at the earliest: Summer is long, even if it might not be the biggest gaming season on its own.
Sony are the publisher. Why would he? It is not like he had control over the trademark, IP or engine.
Maybe. We could get a solid release window for Death Stranding.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I understood what you meant, but for titles such The Last of Us pt.2, Death Standing and Ghost of Tsushima, Sony would most likely hype their showing through their social media channels for something like a new State of Play.

Why would AMD show a Sony-owned game running on a Sony-owned engine at their event?

Sony are the publisher. Why would he? It is not like he had control over the trademark, IP or engine.
When I say a non-SoP thing, I don't mean him bringing the trailer to a PC conference lol. I know the game is owned by Sony.

I meant a random trailer drop or something. Obviously Sony is handling the marketing cycle (or at least are doing so in collaboration with KojiPro themselves). Sony not taking advantage of their new format is something that I wouldn't really understand, seeing as something like this would give more relevance to a new form of communication I'm sure they want to work.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Wonder if Sony has any plans for the small studio since their still working with them exclusively

I remember their team stating that if Firewall sold well sony would continue to fund them exclusively. They be nice team to build up for VR
Didn't the devs visited PlayStation HQ a few weeks or months ago? Also, I know that Firewall Zero Hour is multiplayer game through and through, but I wonder if they could work on a solo mission mode or co-op campaign mode.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
1) Sony has been rumored to be working with AMD on Navi.

2) Geoff is hosting.

3) Rumor that Kojima is working on a trailer to be shown at E3.

4) I was mostly joking 🙃
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.