• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok people let's turn this discussion back to games people will actually buy - multiplayer games.
True. More Guns Up! Kill Strain and Drawn to Death please.
Sony needs a Halo and Gears of War.
They need successful new multiplayer IPs, while doing their own thing. No *InsertMultiplayerIP* clones.
Gears is singleplayer and multiplayer. Uncharted 4 and TLOU are singleplayer and multiplayer. They already have that.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Would rather more large single player experiences thanks. There's too many MP games out there already. And MP extra modes are fine like in TLOU and Uncharted, anyway

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck your multiplayer games. As an avid and long time PlayStation customer, I have a right to request a AA/AAA JRPG from Sony, until their ears bleed from all the ruckus.

The 40-50 people strong team for a AA JRPG idea sounds brilliant, would probably get a decent return for their investment and would allow them to gauge interest in such games. If it fails, then fair enough, leave it to the third parties. If it's successful, then more money gets made and a segment of the PlayStation fans are happier with the platform. And seeing as it would be a minor to moderate investment only, there isn't much to lose.

Oct 25, 2017
Would rather more large single player experiences thanks. There's too many MP games out there already. And MP extra modes are fine like in TLOU and Uncharted, anyway
They have plenty. Every single studio they have are working on a single player game...EVERY SINGLE ONE. There is nothing absolutely nothing for anybody in here to complain about on the single player front zero reason

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Same goes to you, pal ;)

Of course, and in this case multiplayer games come out well ahead of JRPGs.

Fuck your multiplayer games. As an avid and long time PlayStation customer, I have a right to request a AA/AAA JRPG from Sony, until their ears bleed from all the ruckus.

The 40-50 people strong team for a AA JRPG idea sounds brilliant, would probably get a decent return for their investment and would allow them to gauge interest in such games. If it fails, then fair enough, leave it to the third parties. If it's successful, then more money gets made and a segment of the PlayStation fans are happier with the platform. And seeing as it would be a minor to moderate investment only, there isn't much to lose.

As an avid and long time Playstation customer I have the right to request more MP games from them until their ears bleed lol

If it's successful then it makes a much larger segment of Playstation fans happier.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Even if Sony do make another JRPG, I wouldn't want it to be a AAA game. The sales it'd need to get for there to be sequels would be rather high and only few JRPG's can get to those numbers. Make something on the level of a Xenoblade or Persona. The aren't AAA projects, but they're still large scale and look beautiful.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Sony do make another JRPG, I wouldn't want it to be a AAA game. The sales it'd need to get for there to be sequels would be rather high and only few JRPG's can get to those numbers. Make something on the level of a Xenoblade or Persona. The aren't AAA projects, but they're still large scale and look beautiful.
Well said! :)
And Sony made a lot of them. But zero console JRPGs in the last 9 years. So yeah, JRPGs next please ;)

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
They have plenty. Every single studio they have are working on a single player game...EVERY SINGLE ONE. There is nothing absolutely nothing for anybody in here to complain about on the single player front zero reason

Im not complaining! Just saying that as dev times for games get ever longer, then would rather have mainly SP games from Sony. Nothing wrong with MP but as I said practically every other third party publisher focuses on these.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Im not complaining! Just saying that as dev times for games get ever longer, then would rather have mainly SP games from Sony. Nothing wrong with MP but as I said practically every other third party publisher focuses on these.

No why spread this lie? There are tonnes of single player games from 3rd parties. Hell this year is mostly SP games so far.

TO this day the order 1886 could've been a "gears"

Ahh this would have been so good.

Spedfrom

Oct 27, 2017

As an avid and long time Playstation customer I have the right to request more MP games from them until their ears bleed lol

If it's successful then it makes a much larger segment of Playstation fans happier.

You already have some of those. Sony made JRPGs are inexistent and have been so for years.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I wouldnt count ubisoft in there because they have a reasonable balance of SP and MP, you are right about the others
Ubisoft has a damn good mix of both as a publisher should you can take them off that list

Yeah OK, Ubisoft do a mix, but they focus on the GAAS to the detriment of their SP campaigns imo. No ubisoft campaign would come close to a Sony title like GOW, Horizon , TLOU etc. But honestly I don't like many ubiosft franchises at all, I think alot of them are just poor from the ones I have played this generation.

Deleted member 24417

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

And I have all rights to ask for SOCOM, Killzone and Twisted Metal, I'm an avid and long life PS consumer too :)

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
TO this day the order 1886 could've been a "gears"

The box art is a lie.

284599_front.jpg

Only 1 playable character + no online co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.