• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
In what way? Halo has its issues this gen with quality but it's still a mad system seller with high attach rate and continuing to have regular updates, just like Splatoon.
I said a F2P launch game. Neither of those games are either of those things. Halos certainly aren't evergreen either, they're replaced by the Halos that follow, we'll see if a Splatoon 3 makes it to Switch, I imagine it will.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those games, but they're not at all what I was talking about at all.

Imagine for example, if Warhawk had been remastered, and launched with PS4 as F2P, so everyone who cared had it on their console all the time to dip in and out between major MP releases. That's the kind of thing I meant.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I said a F2P launch game. Neither of those games are either of those things. Halos certainly aren't evergreen either, they're replaced by the Halos that follow, we'll see if a Splatoon 3 makes it to Switch, I imagine it will.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those games, but they're not at all what I was talking about at all.

Imagine for example, if Warhawk had been remastered, and launched with PS4 as F2P, so everyone who cared had it on their console all the time to dip in and out between major MP releases. That's the kind of thing I meant.

Hm I don't believe you specified F2P in your original post, just that Sony should make an evergreen shooter that everyone has and that it should be F2P Socom.

Regardless, I don't think F2P needs to be a criteria for a game to be "evergreen and something that everyone has", as long as it has the quality and reputation to ensure that it has a high attach rate.

Also Halo certainly is evergreen, even if Halo 5 itself will be usurped by Halo 6 the franchise is what matters. FIFA 17 was usurped by FIFA 18, but does that mean FIFA as a franchise isn't evergreen and that it isn't a game that everyone has?

Oct 27, 2017
463326180498604042.png

K, we'll knock it off

LOL Someone please send me a link to this Discord. Y'all wildin over here lol.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Hm I don't believe you specified F2P in your original post, just that Sony should make an evergreen shooter that everyone has and that it should be F2P Socom.

Regardless, I don't think F2P needs to be a criteria for a game to be "evergreen and something that everyone has", as long as it has the quality and reputation to ensure that it has a high attach rate.

Also Halo certainly is evergreen, even if Halo 5 itself will be usurped by Halo 6 the franchise is what matters. FIFA 17 was usurped by FIFA 18, but does that mean FIFA as a franchise isn't evergreen and that it isn't a game that everyone has?
Forget it, clearly my post wasn't clear enough.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
I really liked the fanmade cover that someone made with this picture here:

JO71mMi553J1lqm.jpg

But I suppose the Amazon cover conveys the core of the game better and may result in more sales when it's on the store shelves.

why isnt this the real cover? ist waaaay better.
there was a game this year i completely ignored bc of its terrible cover. take a guess...

i will print this cover myself if i have to. would prefer to have swapable covers like they had for bloodborne

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why isnt this the real cover? ist waaaay better.
there was a game this year i completely ignored bc of its terrible cover. take a guess...

i will print this cover myself if i have to. would prefer to have swapable covers like they had for bloodborne

Because it's nice art and that's it.

It tells you nothing about the game aside from the lead being a guy.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One thing i do like about the Days Gone box art is that it does a pretty good job of explaining what the game is about, hordes of zombies, motor cycle, gun, large open area. It's communicating to the player what to expect, which is what all box art should try to do.

Way too many western box art just settles for serious looking guy holding a gun, looking at nothing in particular.

I mean, on one hand you're right with the horde in the back, but the box art for this is literally a serious looking guy holding a gun and looking at nothing particular.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
So random thought here what if the new hires from Naughty Dog are secretly being relocated to the new San Diego Studio to work on the secret game?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So are there no Pro deals this BF so far? Really would like to get one, but it's been two years so I'd expect some kind of a price reduction.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
I'm guessing the reverse box art is gona be the one of him looking off a cliff.

I'm also glad its not just Deacon standing in front of a solid coloured background lol.
Like Marvel's Spider-Man? ;)
So are there no Pro deals this BF so far? Really would like to get one, but it's been two years so I'd expect some kind of a price reduction.
Maybe, but it seems nothing official from Sony so far. Also, take into consideration that they haven't said which games would be on sales either and we know some titles are going to be discounted. So there could be some retailers specific "deals" or promos (get an extra controller, gift card or game, etc) when you want to buy a PS4 Pro.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Like Marvel's Spider-Man? ;)

Maybe, but it seems nothing official from Sony so far. Also, take into consideration that they haven't said which games would be on sales either and we know some titles are going to be discounted. So there could be some retailers specific "deals" or promos (get an extra controller, gift card or game, etc) when you want to buy a PS4 Pro.
Do you think there would be any chance of there being better Christmas deals? If not I may just stick to a base Slim or the RDR2 Bundle if I can't find a decent deal on the Pro.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Heeeelll no.

Resistance 2 > Resistance 1 >>>>> Resistance 3

How could anyone possibly prefer Resistance 3 + Resistance 2 had that awesome fleshed out 8 player coop mode.
Because not everyone play online multiplayer? Anyway, R3 is a weird one. As a stand alone fps, R3 is amazing, one of the best fpc campaign I played.

But the story and character is so far remove from R1&2 it barely feel like they're from the same series.

I really want a Resistance sequel following R2 story and tone. I was expecting for the resistance to actually go to chimeran world for once and make Hale somehow returned as villain.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Heeeelll no.

Resistance 2 > Resistance 1 >>>>> Resistance 3

How could anyone possibly prefer Resistance 3 + Resistance 2 had that awesome fleshed out 8 player coop mode.
That could've been its own thing (and probably should've since many people had such good things to say about it), but the single player was complete trash. I couldn't believe that was something a studio with Insomniac's pedigree would ever put out. It didn't look or even feel like a finished product at times.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
What? I don't remember anything in resistance 3 feeling like an unfinished product? I thought it was great definitely more cinematic. And graphically some areas were insane looking for it's place in time.

Either way I'd love a Reboot or 4. I remember being at the theaters for one of the Best and hearing sirens thinking it was a new resistance for a second but it was CoD or something, then I got sad.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
What? I don't remember anything in resistance 3 feeling like an unfinished product? I thought it was great definitely more cinematic. And graphically some areas were insane looking for it's place in time.
No. 2. 2 derailed the the entire series to the point of which it never recovered. 3 was pretty much about undoing everything that 2 did. It was more of a return to form, but never the full fledged sequel it could've been. The damage was already done. It felt more like a side story.

Either way I'm not sure I'd want another one from Insomniac since it never really seemed like they knew what they wanted to do with the series.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy831

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the fanmade cover that someone made with this picture here:

JO71mMi553J1lqm.jpg

But I suppose the Amazon cover conveys the core of the game better and may result in more sales when it's on the store shelves.
Ah yes the good old back turned from the customer with a gun in hand. Thank god they didn't go with any variation of that.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
No. 2. 2 derailed the the entire series to the point of which it never recovered. 3 was pretty much about undoing everything that 2 did. It was more of a return to form, but never the full fledged sequel it could've been. The damage was already done. It felt more like a side story.

Either way I'm not sure I'd want another one from Insomniac since never really seemed like they knew what they wanted to do with the series.

Ohhh my bad not really sure why I thought 3. Yeah if they did another it would probably need to be a reboot, as much as I have a soft spot for resistance I'm not convinced that would be a good idea.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
We back to the shitting on Killzone portion of the thread huh? And now Resistance is lumped in with that.
Where can I seek perma bans for these heathens :P

KZ2 is a GOAT shooter, fight me

Last edited:

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance 2 coop instantly excels it into first place. Resistance 3 campaign was the best tho. Still loved 1.

Also, do you guys think Sony is smart enough to realize Chloe is a better uncharted protag than Natw ever was and will reboot the franchise with her at the helm? God, TLL was perfect.

May 18, 2018
The Sony Crystal LED (CLEDIS) is a large format commercial product still in development. The smallest is 120 inch at around $500,000... The price just goes up from there as the largest shown so far was estimated to be around $1.8m for the 8K x 2K display shown at ISE earlier this year. This sort of display tech won't be in consumer hands for probably at least several years imo. A lot of why GTS looks so good here is the display, though it looks great anyway, but at $500,000 min I would expect it to.

Fuck me! Excuse my language!

That's unbelievable lol. Won't be buying one of those anytime soon :-0

Oct 25, 2017
Wait.....who thinks that Spider Man is an 8.0/10 and why?
I do!

It is mostly a side content issue for me. That was quite poor, so that dropped it for me. Do understand that 8/10 is a pretty damn good game on my rating. A 9/10 (God of War, for example) is great/amazing and a 10/10 (Bloodborne, for example) is a game of the generation/favorite game of all time tier.

Spider-Man's good gameplay and story more than made up for the side content.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I do!

It is mostly a side content issue for me. That was quite poor, so that dropped it for me. Do understand that 8/10 is a pretty damn good game on my rating. A 9/10 (God of War, for example) is great/amazing and a 10/10 (Bloodborne, for example) is a game of the generation/favorite game of all time tier.

Spider-Man's good gameplay and story more than made up for the side content.
You think I wouldn't catch up with you in these streets fam?
The next time you slander Spider-Man @ me
The side content isn't poor, you're poor, that's why you didn't buy Red Dead 2
Spider-Man is at least a 9/10, and will be proven when it wins award(s) at the TGAs
Bless

Last edited:

Pimz

Jul 3, 2018
I'm a bit out of the loop, why does everybody assume there's a new Uncharted in the making? Is it just 'it makes much sense for Sony to continue the franchise' or are there rumors/clues that there's actually being worked on?

Status
Not open for further replies.