• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
tenor.gif

Bump this again

Are you guessing or do you know something?

This time around I know nothing, I was actually very surprised regarding this news.

All I know is some good bundles coming to EU soon lol...

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I'd assume the PS5 business is just going to be the PS4 business on steroids.
- WWS is in a completely different league than 2013
- PlayStation sector of Sony is the lead subsidy now, they're basically the PlayStation Company
- the extreme jump in not only revenue but profit due to the PS4's success allows them flexibility to be a little extra with the PS5 hardware & software that will pay off down the line. They aren't going to be dependent on immediate turnover
- they now have market data on the effect of mid-gen refreshes which allows them to plan better for the next "Pro" model
- the most dreaded part of the PS4 (heck PS in general), network services & features is now supported by the new CEO who comes from that background & seems to be wiping away past errors now & laying the groundwork for a completely new PSN that should be without several confusing issues that stem from the services initial foundation.

I know the concernTM on here has been feeding the idea that "arrogant" Sony is gonna just do nothing & release a middling PS5 but they are actually in the best shape they've ever been in business wise going into a generation. Even better than post PS2.
Yeah this is my line of thinking as well, but you never know until you see it.

If those rumors of a huge overhaul of B/C is true and PS5 really does release with software emulation for PS1-PS4 games I will be pretty confident Sony isn't time deaf at all and would easily predict PS5 to be a continuation of PS4's success and nothing disruptive really happening until new tech in 2025.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
I think all the first parties have failed to provide an evergreen shooter. I mean like a Counter-Strike, something everyone has, it's always there, and you dip in and out whenever.

I think a really polished, simple and F2P Socom not being on PS4 is crazy. It should have been there day one. PS5 should launch with it, and keep it going all the generation.

I think they'll have a AAA original IP FPS next-gen, and I think it'll come from ND.
Must be easier said than done really, I truly don't understand why Sony doesn't have more evergreen once a gen releases either besides Gran Turismo. Socom should not have been given up.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Sony releasing a big bad news on the 5th anniversary of their most successful console... that would be something. You better have something good Sony.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's well past time for Sony to put a ring on it. After Spider-Man they'd be crazy not to offer them anything they wanted.

They tried to buy them years ago around the time they bought sucker punch I believe but Ted wanted to stay independent (and always has). I agree it makes a ton of sense for everyone but they really enjoy being independent and if anything are in their strongest position ever to remain that way after spiderman's success.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They tried to buy them years ago around the time they bought sucker punch I believe but Ted wanted to stay independent (and always has). I agree it makes a ton of sense for everyone but they really enjoy being independent and if anything are in their strongest position ever to remain that way after spiderman's success.

True but also after Spider-Man Insomniac is now on every big publisher's list for purchase. EA, MS, Google, whoever are eyeballing that company now. Ted can talk about staying indie all he wants, eventually someone will give him an offer he can't refuse. IMO it's more on Sony now than ever to get them in the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.