• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe this guy wasn't as full of shit as I thought when I removed it?

zoxlrGn.png

If this is real we gonna get a huge thread.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This might be a good idea.

Too early to announce PS5 but too soon to show off anything than the same games some critics whinge about seeing again. (Despite the fact two of their big upcoming games are all new AAA IPs and the other is the first sequel to their highest rated game last gen)
Whinging? Tell me how you reallllly feel?

It's like when folks laughed that Xbox and Nintendo had no new games earlier in this generation, but somehow it's ok here? Regardless, using whining as your pejorative is really not helping your argument.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True but also after Spider-Man Insomniac is now on every big publisher's list for purchase. EA, MS, Google, whoever are eyeballing that company now. Ted can talk about staying indie all he wants, eventually someone will give him an offer he can't refuse. IMO it's more on Sony now than ever to get them in the fold.

I agree that Sony would be fools to let someone else scoop them up but at the same time I can't see Ted agreeing to sell to anyone but Sony because of the relationships they have with Sony and all of their 1st party devs. He just doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would take the biggest offer with no thought put in to his employees' future. It would stun me if he decided to sell to someone like EA with their horrible history.

Oct 26, 2017
If that not at E3 stuff is even remotely true....

Why? Doesn't really mean PS5 in 2019 at all because why at all would Sony skip E3 when they can be the only one with actual next gen stuff?

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Why wouldn't Sony do a press conference if they release the PS5 in holiday 2019, that will make no sense !

Team 2020

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
If Sony isn't at E3 I def expect a early 2019 show like the announcement of the PS4 but for PS5 and maybe updates on the current PS4 games in development which will be playable on PS5.

#Team2019
JMaine don't pay attention to this nonsense
This thread is crazytown and throwing out every possible scenario
And I don't know why y'all are suggesting that they'd skip E3 this year when they've shown the same games year over year and it hasn't affected the sales of their games, since they seem to break records every time they come out

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how Sony skipping E3 would mean PS5 in 2019. Wouldn't that be more of a reason for them to be at E3 next year, to hype their system?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Lol If they released PS5 2019, wouldn't they show it E3 like always?

If they aren't doing E3 next year, it just confirms PS5 2020. But I don't see them skipping e3

Oct 26, 2017
What is definitely interesting is the stuff mentioned by the other dude, Rösti? About next gen, but do we have any indication that we will learn about that today?

Oct 27, 2017
What "no Sony at E3" has to do with "Ps5 releasing in 2019"?

When Sony announced the Ps4 in February 2013 they also had E3 to show the games. The February event was all about the hardware and a preview of games, while E3 was indepth demos and more games announced.

They need E3 even if they have an early annoncement event.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Quite the opposite, if PS5 was next year E3 would be a place to show off games, price and release dates.

Points more to a 2020 release.

Exactly. No E3 next year basically confirms that PS5 won't come next year either.

After this year E3 it's clear Sony doesn't have much interest in the show in the rest of PS4 cycle since they are saving their next megatons for next gen.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
If Sony skip e3 and this is the announcement will be the most stupid move from Sony in a long time. They will be giving the whole media to Xbox with next gen really close.

But to do a e3 with the same games for the 4th time it is better to not do it.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
If they skip E3, a BIG if, I imagine it would be like how EA "skips" it by holding their own event in the same timeframe.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's Sony thinking though announcing a major PS5 hint right before black friday?

If Sony skip e3 and this is the announcement will be the most stupid move from Sony in a long time. They will be giving the whole media to Xbox with next gen really close.

But to do a e3 with the same games for the 4th time it is better to not do it.

The assumption is that by skipping E3 they'll be holding a PS5 reveal event around the same time instead.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
No E3 makes no sense. If there was going to be a Playstation Meeting in 2019, that would give even more reason to show up at E3. If it's at the beginning of the year, why would they skip E3 to promote PS5? And if there isn't a Playstation Meeting in 2019, they would still better serve themselves by showing up at E3 to promote upcoming PS4 games.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
What "no Sony at E3" has to do with "Ps5 releasing in 2019"?

When Sony announced the Ps4 in February 2013 they also had E3 to show the games. The February event was all about the hardware and a preview of games, while E3 was indepth demos and more games announced.

They need E3 even if they have an early annoncement event.

Yeah, plus it's an extra scenario to push the marketing forward.

That doesn't make any sense not going to E3... Sony isn't exactly Nintendo you guys.

What's Sony thinking though announcing a major PS5 hint right before black friday?

You answered yourself, they ain't doing it.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Which would pretty much confirm a PS5 conference early next year for a fall release.
Absolutely not. For me, it would confirm that PlayStation won't release before early 2020 at the earliest. They won't skip E3 the year they will release the PlayStation 5, it just wouldn't make sense at all.

Why would they announce they're skipping an event 7 months in advanced?
Yeah, I don't understand that. Skip E3 2019 is the best idea possible because they can't announce new major PlayStation 4 exclusives. No conference is better than a boring conference. But why would they announce that in November 2018 ?

Maybe they will say that the PlayStation 5 won't launch before 2020 and they say that now because they want to sell as many units as possible during these holidays.

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, isn't Rosti the guy who always makes thread about E3 plans, among others ? That would explain why he is in the known and why it should spark talks about the next gen timing.

If this is it, I'll be waiting for everyone to explain how Sony has "enough studios" after skipping a second huge event. I also wonder if "no E3" means no presence at all (like PSX) or just no conference. Even if you don't do a showcase, how in the world would they chose to be invisible on the showfloor ?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Black Friday shoppers only care about price and what to get their friends/relatives/kids for Christmas. A PS5 hint won't stop the PS4 Spider-Man bundle from selling out.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
He better not be talking about that Astro tournament controller that just popped up on the PlayStation channel..... It does look kinda cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.