Sony PlayStation: First Party Studios & Projects |OT2|

Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand the world's fascination with that man. He has all the charisma of a 1980s-era Disney animatronic.
Same here, he has that douche face unfortunately or maybe it's because i'm just bias and I don't care much about MS these days (at least before their acquisitions bare fruits).
I have a feeling anyone expecting sony first party news will be highly disappointed tomorrow
I mean people here aren't expecting anything outside of new Death Stranding footage? Or did I miss something?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what Shawn would do/say on the PS5 stage tbh. That's really more about hardware/software developers.

I'm going with #TeamNoShawnOnPS5Stage
I think he's very likely to be there because of this, since he's in charge of Sony's software developers along with Shuhei.

Dunno. There's Michael Denny (who was at the PS4 reveal) and Scott Rohde as well.
Oh yeah, I just skimmed through that to see since I didn't remember all the people who were the presenters. Denny did a good job with the enthusiasm kicking off the games section back then. I wonder if one of the reasons he got that spot was also that Guerrilla, one of the Sony Europe studios, had one of the big first party showings with Killzone Shadow Fall. So maybe he'll do it again especially if HZD 2 is one of the big headliners?
Plus he's probably slightly higher in the company now too since then with Ryan moving up.

Aug 27, 2018
So, now that we know TLOU2 wont be there...

About the other 2 big ones from the trifecta... Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima.

Death Stranding is a lock. My question is: do you guys think we are going to finally see combat gameplay or is it going to be another cryptic 8 minutes mindfuck trailer?

And Ghost of Tsushima: do you guys think we will see it at all?
I don't expect GoT to be there. But if there is a trailer, we will most likely see the way of the ghost. I think a lot of people will be surprised that Ghost of Tsushima offers a completely different way of gameplay than what was shown at E3.

Really? This is how we got one of the best E3 presentations?
Right? It all started as a joke but then ... epicness!

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if one of the reasons he got that spot was also that Guerrilla, one of the Sony Europe studios, had one of the big first party showings with Killzone Shadow Fall. So maybe he'll do it again especially if HZD 2 is one of the big headliners?
Yeah. Can't wait to see what they're doing with that game.

Oct 25, 2017
They've been streaming pretty regularly. You should check out their twitch if you're thirsty.
Oh I have been. I'm just really anticipating that beta announcement they've been promising, and if the beta is really coming in 2018 like they keep saying, the VGAs would be the perfect place to make that happen in a big way.

Oct 25, 2017
How many employees do Sucker Punch and Bend have?
It's possible that they've hired more since, but i remember hearing during this gen that those teams are sub 150, which is very small by AAA standards.

Having a smaller team does have its benefits though so they might want to keep it at that number.

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Oh I have been. I'm just really anticipating that beta announcement they've been promising, and if the beta is really coming in 2018 like they keep saying, the VGAs would be the perfect place to make that happen in a big way.
Would be the perfect place but from what Mm devs said, sounds like Dreams will not be at VGA...
No PSX, zero VGA hype from Sony (no Tlou2, no Kojima and no Dreams).

:/

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno. There's Michael Denny (who was at the PS4 reveal) and Scott Rohde as well.
Michael Denny was probably there because from what I understand, SCEE were the ones who hosted that event, even though it was in New York. Now that Sony's restructured and they're based in California, I doubt that will happen again. I think Shawn will be the main presenter of all their first party games going forward, since Shu sadly doesn't seem to take part in many events anymore. The last one he took part in was PSX 2016, he wasn't even on the PSX 2017 couch.

I think he's very likely to be there because of this, since he's in charge of Sony's software developers along with Shuhei.

Oh yeah, I just skimmed through that to see since I didn't remember all the people who were the presenters. Denny did a good job with the enthusiasm kicking off the games section back then. I wonder if one of the reasons he got that spot was also that Guerrilla, one of the Sony Europe studios, had one of the big first party showings with Killzone Shadow Fall. So maybe he'll do it again especially if HZD 2 is one of the big headliners?
Plus he's probably slightly higher in the company now too since then with Ryan moving up.
Michael Denny is the head of WWS Europe (while Rohde is the head of WWS America), there's isn't much room for him to go any higher. :P

Oct 31, 2017
That'd be a weak 2019 from first party in my opinion. I think either one or two of those big three have to be releasing in 2019.

Since Ghost was apparently only half done earlier this year, I could see that being 2020, but I think one of Last of Us 2 or Death Stranding must be releasing next year. There's also that unannounced exclusive Shu mentioned, which I'm guessing must be the Japan Studio game that one of the developers there has talked about at various points since 2016.

All of these games can't be coming 2020 if PS5 is also that year. Something has to be next year.
Blood & Truth
Everybody's Golf VR

And I am confident we get one of the "3 bigs" next year.
I agree for the reason THE GUY stated. It just seems like, those games are REALLY big, like God of War/Spidey levels of big. And I have a hard time seeing all three of them releasing along with the PS5. Maybe it will, but it feels like one of those should release next year.

Oct 27, 2017
When I wake up tomorrow, first thing I will do is head to Playstation's Youtube and I'm expecting to see there a new trailer for GoW expansion. That teasing couldn't be for nothing.

It just couldn't, right?

Apr 7, 2018
Most of the time people don‘t lie for stuff like this (marketing).
David Jaffe lied about a new Twisted Metal not happening and then turned around and announced it at E3. Also you have to take in account the wording. He said HE wouldn’t be there. It’s Kojima, there’s always more to the story with him. If anyone can get away with point blank lying it’s this man.

Oct 25, 2017
"Don't trust the news. Don't trust the police. They are already controlled by them."

Maybe Joakim Mogren shows up instead of Kojima. Joking aside id be amazed if DS wasn't there even if they all deny it.

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't the holy mother of all leaks (walmart Canada,lol) leak death stranding releAse date to be 2019 ? If so , this is a perfect place to release a trailer maybe with a release date .

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the holy mother of all leaks (walmart Canada,lol) leak death stranding releAse date to be 2019 ? If so , this is a perfect place to release a trailer maybe with a release date .
Retailers don't know the release date yet, so whatever Walmart Canada posted is meaningless.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect GoT to be there. But if there is a trailer, we will most likely see the way of the ghost. I think a lot of people will be surprised that Ghost of Tsushima offers a completely different way of gameplay than what was shown at E3.
I hope so, honestly.

One thing I've come to expect from Sucker Punch is fun, rapid traversal and platforming, and I'm hoping the ninja-esque gameplay delivers on that in spades. The game looks gorgeous but until I see something like that I won't be convinced that it's actually *fun*.

Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I do not expect to see anything relevant from Sony today. I was excited earlier in the week, but I think Sony will spend next 6-9 months without showing/saying anything new. If something happens, it will be through PSBlog.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, honestly.

One thing I've come to expect from Sucker Punch is fun, rapid traversal and platforming, and I'm hoping the ninja-esque gameplay delivers on that in spades. The game looks gorgeous but until I see something like that I won't be convinced that it's actually *fun*.
Yup. The whole "we made really pretty Bushido Blade" conceit does literally nothing for me and feels like the opposite of entertaining. The minute to minute gameplay needs to be up to Sucker Punch's usual standard re: mobility and game speed or the whole game is likely going to be a chore.