• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
We PlayStation owners got bailed out. Where is our RE2 demo? :( Why was Shawn Layden even there? All the other console manufacturers' bosses annoucned something but PlayStation got nothing. Is a scret PSX being planned or what?
No PSX, No E3, No special game, no exclusive demo. Nothing at all. Did they officially stop carign about the fanbase? Where is even Dreams beta?
Is this a parody of something I missed?

Deleted member 36037

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2017
The total absence of new footage for WWS games tonight makes me more convinced than ever that there will be a big event early next year where they will reveal the PS5.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also yeah, they are definitely doing something next year

They didnt show even Death Stranding which I thought it would be a lock

Also no Dreams... I wonder if BETA is still coming this year...

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a parody of something I missed?

Seriously are you pleased with the content dedicated to PS owners tonight? Or even in long term with no PSX and no E3. This we are keeping speculating here about new games: order 2, Bluepoint game, Bloodborne 2 and many things but we didn't 't even get a TLOU2 traier or GOT or DS trailers (Wild is officially lost in Wildrness). We don't know if for sure the beta of Dreams will be out this month and if true when exactly. Not even a little demo for us? Microsoft secured DMC5 demo and many were expecting RE2 demo for PS4. The demo leak going next week was confirmedto be fake. What other disappointments we can get until the end of next year? Well I ma reading in DS Subreddit that there is a second day for TGA planned on December 16th and I hpe some stuff that wasn't annoucned will be there including all the rumored games.

The total absence of new footage for WWS games tonight makes me more convinced than ever that there will be a big event early next year where they will reveal the PS5.

Doesn't all PS meeting events occur to announce any new PlayStation console that releases during the same year? If this happens then 2019 is still too early for PS5. and not fathomable.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Seriously are you pleased with the content dedicated to PS owners tonight? Or even in long term with no PSX and no E3. This we are keeping speculating here about new games: order 2, Bluepoint game, Bloodborne 2 and many things but we ddin't even get a TLOU2 traier or GOT or DS trailers. We don't know if for sure the beta of Dreams will be out this month and if true when exactly. Not even a little demo for us? Microsoft secured DMC5 demo and many were expecting RE2 demo for PS4. The demo leak going next week was confirmedto be fake. What other disappointments we can get until the end of next year? Well I ma reading in DS Subreddit that there is a second day for TGA planned on December 16th and I hpe some stuff that wasn't annoucned will be there including all the rumored games.
I think it's on you for having large expectations for an award show. Personally, I couldn't care less about demos. Especially demos for games I'm going to play anyways. I didn't need announcements because Sony has already announced almost everything they probably have left this gen. What they've already announced is stronger than any other platform for my tastes.

I'd be super content if Sony didn't show anything unless it had a solid date attached to it.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously are you pleased with the content dedicated to PS owners tonight? Or even in long term with no PSX and no E3. This we are keeping speculating here about new games: order 2, Bluepoint game, Bloodborne 2 and many things but we didn't 't even get a TLOU2 traier or GOT or DS trailers (Wild is officially lost in Wildrness). We don't know if for sure the beta of Dreams will be out this month and if true when exactly. Not even a little demo for us? Microsoft secured DMC5 demo and many were expecting RE2 demo for PS4. The demo leak going next week was confirmedto be fake. What other disappointments we can get until the end of next year? Well I ma reading in DS Subreddit that there is a second day for TGA planned on December 16th and I hpe some stuff that wasn't annoucned will be there including all the rumored games.
While I understand your point, i'm happy we got more games announcement. I do own all the platform so im not worried about PS specific, they will announce their games when the time comes

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's on you for having large expectations for an award show. Personally, I couldn't care less about demos. Especially demos for games I'm going to play anyways. I didn't need announcements because Sony has already announced almost everything they probably have left this gen. What they've already announced is stronger than any other platform for my tastes.

I'd be super content if Sony didn't show anything unless it had a solid date attached to it.

Well it's matters of tastes. Some are more pleased with what they got, even one trailer is enough for them others like me just want more: more trailers more infos, demos and everything.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
While I understand your point, i'm happy we got more games announcement. I do own all the platform so im not worried about PS specific, they will announce their games when the time comes

Yeah buddy I know. and I am sure the games that aren't been annoucned (or even the announced ones) will still get huge reveals. It's just that the wait is so long. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Conferences and shows are not the only ways to announce stuff dude... go on Playstation's youtube channel and you'll see announcement trailers for games every week.
Also, yes Dreams beta is still planned in 2018. Its a beta, not a release date for a full game. Wouldnt make sense to announce it at the TGA

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah buddy I know. and I am sure the games that aren't been annoucned (or even the announced ones) will still get huge reveals. It's just that the wait is so long. :(
Just enjoy what we have right now and going to have. I mean December to July is just big games left and right, announcements will come. We have so much game right now that announcing another game for Q1 2019 will make me complain. It's been years since I felt overwhelm and a bit worried that I can't play all these great game.

But to be fair I'm still waiting for that AAA JRPG though :(

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Like i said before, announcing traielrs during big events like E3 or TGA that everyone watch including non gamers will offer any company more chance to have more impact with any trailer and mroe views generating more interest in the games. Releasing a random trailer during a random day that many woudl miss will mostly get buried and not get as many views or reactions. That's a given fact.

Dude about Dreams, you probably don't know but a beta for a Media Molecule game is not just a demo, it one of the most important phases in the game development. Look how much created content, betas for LBP games did generate. There were even users who used bugs in the beta to create new types of games like FPS and stuff like that even amazed the devs themselves who weren't aware their game could create such stuff. The beta for a game creator app should always be released so the devs know whow to deal with stuff with their game and engine to manage them before the game release. Sadly they kept delaying the beta to a day which may be very close to release date and they probably won't have enough time to deal with stuff people did encounter in the beta.

Gemüsepizza

Oct 26, 2017
Death Stranding - No release date
Ghost of Tsushima - No release date
The Last of Us II - No release date
Dreams - No release date

So how are they going to announce those release dates / show new footage? Sony already said they won't be at E3. Will they show new stuff after E3? So no new info for ~9 months? That seems a bit hard to believe, especially considering that some of those games are rumored to launch in 2019...

Yeah that's what I think. A spring event makes perfect sense to reveal PS5 and release dates for their big games.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Did they officially stop carign about the fanbase?
Sony has already told its fanbase what to expect over the next year or so in terms of communication.

I'm just a little bit pissed off at Geoff and Kojima for making all those Death Stranding related tweets in relation to the TGAs, and at Kojima for not really properly make a serious statement about him or Death Stranding not being at the show until after it had finished. Do you think maybe they planned it but something fell through and they couldn't show it?

Yeah that's what I think. A spring event makes perfect sense to reveal PS5 and release dates for their big games.
Sony can organise multiple different ways to communicate news to their fans in a year.

They don't need to combine release date announcements with a PS5 reveal.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dreams - No release date

So how are they going to announce those release dates / show new footage? Sony already said they won't be at E3. Will they show new stuff after E3? So no new info for ~9 months? That seems a bit hard to believe, especially considering that some of those games are rumored to launch in 2019...

God of War's release date was announced by Cory in the Playstation Blog a mere 3 months before it came out, that's how they'll probably do it for those big games.

We PlayStation owners got bailed out. Where is our RE2 demo? :( Why was Shawn Layden even there? All the other console manufacturers' bosses annoucned something but PlayStation got nothing. Is a scret PSX being planned or what?
No PSX, No E3, No special game, no exclusive demo. Nothing at all. Did they officially stop carign about the fanbase? Where is even Dreams beta?

Hyperbole much? A Playstation exclusive just won game of the year and the platform just had one of it's best years.

I'm sure they'll let us know about more games coming in 2019 eventually, they can't just have Days Gone and nothing else substantial.

-PyramidSong

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Dreams - No release date

Maybe they will make a show with the release date of all that games. And the PS5 reveal.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Dreams - No release date

You don't need an event to announce a release date. No one who is interested in those games will be unaware of its release when the time comes.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
You think maybe they will announce an event shortly after the Holiday season? That's what my intuition is saying to me.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
I honestly think Sony is holding all these announcements for a show of their own, the only question is: when is this show happening? Lol

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You think maybe they will announce an event shortly after the Holiday season? That's what my intuition is saying to me.

I really doubt it, what would be the point? All their big games probably don't have defined release windows let alone specific dates, it would just be E3 2018 all over again with people here moaning about not getting release dates and seeing the same games.

Better they hunker down and make sure PS5 has a great launch as well as focusing on their current line-up, which is already fantastic as is.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Dreams - No release date
Bruh, Sony doesn't do huge spectacles to reveal release dates.
U4, Horizon, GOW, Detroit, Spidey and Days Gone all got a PS BLOG article with the release date alongside a trailer or a collector's edition reveal (or both).

They'll announced the release dates when they are ready, as it should be.

As for the lack of trailers, they already showed more than enough about every announced games, they are just following the GOW marketing blueprint which seems to have worked for them.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Quantic Dream collection was announced this week. Or did that not happen because it wasn't at the TGAs?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why everyone is overlooking the TGA second day on December 16th that will be held in Microsoft theatre (formerly Nokia theatre)?
You know there are a bunch of other leaked or rumored games that didn't get a debut during this first day.

Last edited:

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
So so soooo happy for God of War and the whole team at SSM

I have said this countless times but I truly think this is the best Sony game since TLOU back in 2013

Freaking deserved
Yes,the only game for me since the Last of Us that puts a fight against it,and I have said since I beat,it is game of the year and for the first time a R* game didn't won that award in this show.What a accomplishment.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Super happy for Sony Santa Monica Studio, Shannon and Cory.
Well deserved! They rocked Geoff's little show ;)

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I might be high right now, so please pardon my delusional and drifting mind! But what if Sony did actually decide to make a show for the ages, next year? What if their changing E3 formulas (E3 2015 was simple, in terms of presentation, but its content selected to create a powerful narrative; a comforting story made of making dreams come true and gaining longing gamers' hearts.............E3 2016 was the perfect dosage of impressive production values and spectacle ...............E3 2018 was a less effective, but awkwardly more intimate take on the interaction with the audience) has been a continuous effort to nail THE SHOW, one that would take place next year, a glorious farewell to the PS4, offering some ultimate but nice surprises, and displaying the fantastic draw power of the last big exclusives...
If I were in charge, and given the weight and importance of the Playstation branch within Sony, I would leverage all the creativity and reach of the different lines of business, in addition to the power of my first party stables and my close partners to produce a unique closing ceremony to a great generation, and a fitting opening to the next chapter...if only with a few notes!

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry guys, but Death Stranding, Dreams, TLoU PII and Ghost of Tsushima had to be cancelled because Sony has no planned press conference where they could announce the dates for those games. They can't just give the dates on a random day in a blog post, because that would be stupid and unprecedented.

Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I might be high right now, so please pardon my delusional and drifting mind! But what if Sony did actually decide to make a show for the ages, next year? What if their changing E3 formulas (E3 2015 was simple, in terms of presentation, but its content selected to create a powerful narrative; a comforting story made of making dreams come true and gaining longing gamers' hearts.............E3 2016 was the perfect dosage of impressive production values and spectacle ...............E3 2018 was a less effective, but awkwardly more intimate take on the interaction with the audience) has been a continuous effort to nail THE SHOW, one that would take place next year, a glorious farewell to the PS4, offering some ultimate but nice surprises, and displaying the fantastic draw power of the last big exclusives...
If I were in charge, and given the weight and importance of the Playstation branch within Sony, I would leverage all the creativity and reach of the different lines of business, in addition to the power of my first party stables and my close partners to produce a unique closing ceremony to a great generation, and a fitting opening to the next chapter...if only with a few notes!

I'd just stay quiet for most of 2019, only announcing release dates here and there for new titles then have a big blowout event early 2020 with firm release dates of their big titles and the unveiling of PS5.

Top that off with a magnificent return to E3 2020 and they're golden.

Last edited:

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Sony Interactive Entertainment won 4 awards overall.

God of War:
- Game of the Year
- Best Game Direction
- Best Action/Adventure

Astro Bot:
- Best VR/AR Game

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I'm totally cool with Sony not showing anything IF they just told us exactly when we would be hearing from them next. Like if they said they had some conference or live stream in March I wouldn't care we didn't see Death Stranding or anything Sony related. It's just the fact that right now we have no idea when Sony will show anything, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. I really hope in the next few weeks Sony announces a show because I just feel empty after everything tonight.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
God of War was deserved.

Also, I saw that thread about TLOU2 being in 2019 but I got bamboozled.

When is the next Sony thing? PSX?

Status
Not open for further replies.