Sony PlayStation: First Party Studios & Projects |OT2|

Oct 26, 2017
wow thats awesome. Having a new japanese powerhouse working on AAA Games out of nowhere. Thank you Mobile Gaming

i guess they would be too expensive for an aqcuisition ?
I think Nintendo has a 5% stake in the company.

They could be acquired but since this is a Sony thread, let's face it Sony ain't buying shit.

Oct 29, 2017
There not even inisiatives to make a Fate console JRPG yet...

Sony Music probably didn't give a f because Grand Order mobile already monstrous as it is now.

But how the hell SIEJA manage to land a Fate JRPG when there are no new first party console JRPGs in the first place... /: (

Oct 26, 2017
There not even inisiatives to make a Fate console JRPG yet...

Sony Music probably didn't give a f because Grand Order mobile already monstrous as it is now.

But how the hell SIEJA manage to land a Fate JRPG when there are no new first party console JRPGs in the first place... /: (
Probably because Fate games haven't been huge hits on consoles before and FGO is under Sony's Music division not PlayStation.

Oct 27, 2017
what's the deal with Sony and CyGames?
a mobile studio making bid budget console games now, and all of them exclusive to Ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e34VPWoVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pTzNON1FQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQo9vSj1_A

Are they a big studio? are they funding/publishing these big games themself?
i don't think there is deal between them
the only reason why they make it only in ps4
because i don't think switch can run this game
and xbox 1 is dead in japan
maybe the game will release to xbox and pc in the west

Nov 2, 2017
OP
OP
JuanLatino
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think there is deal between them
the only reason why they make it only in ps4
because i don't think switch can run this game
and xbox 1 is dead in japan
maybe the game will release to xbox and pc in the west
in the case of Projekt Awakening tough, its not a typical niche japanese game made for that audience.
Its a big budget game (at least it looks like it) made for a global audience - so being absent from Xbox and PC is a little Surprising in this case.

Oct 27, 2017
in the case of Projekt Awakening tough, its not a typical niche japanese game made for that audience.
Its a big budget game (at least it looks like it) made for a global audience - so being absent from Xbox and PC is a little Surprising in this case.
why they want announcement to the xbox 1 and pc now
and they only announcement release it in japan
we know the only big platform for big games there target ps4
so there is no reason to announcement to xbox 1 and pc now
we will know that if the game will release in west
it will be just on ps4 or not

Oct 26, 2017
Probably because Fate games haven't been huge hits on consoles before and FGO is under Sony's Music division not PlayStation.
Plus Sony Music doesn't own Fate, they license it from Type Moon.

Neither game has been announced for the west yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the third party japanese games have been going to PC the last couple of years. SE just had a huge slew of ports announced for PC/xbox so japanese publishers probably feel better about those platforms than they did back in 2016 when granblue was announced.