• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiegel

Oct 26, 2017
If someone is interested, Locoroco has been played by aproximately 100k players on PS4. And KH2 by 900k.

Thanks to the PS4 Life video I have seen that my rarest trophy is More Friends To Play With which has been obtained by 21363 users. The % of users that got the trophy is 21%

21363*100/21 = 101728

KH2 Final Mix (Pro Skater trophy)
48273*100/5.4 = 893944

Edit

This should include multiple players on the same console but not users who have bought the game and have not played it. For example I bought KH1.5+2.5 a long time ago but didn't start KH2 until today, so I didn't have trophy data for the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
GoW2 on PS5...can't even imagine what that'll look like.

I'm also really excited to see what next-gen Spider-Man and
Venom
look like with that PS5 power.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
When I was playing Spider-Man, I was exploring the city for hours and looking for areas only a real New Yorker would notice. I stumbled upon the Ghostbusters fire house in Tribeca and thought "Damn, now I want an Insomniac developed Ghostbusters game". I think they would kill it.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
One thing I'm surprised not many people mentioned (as far as I know at least) is that Sony's first-party lineup for 2019 and beyond is predominantly new IP. Days Gone, Dreams, Concrete Genie, Blood and Truth, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima are all new and original IP. I find that pretty refreshing, especially in a climate filled to the brim with sequels and reboots of already known franchises. While I certainly don't mind more of what I already love, it's good to see a major company like Sony take so many risks in trying something new.

Yes, Sony is fairly unique in that respect because they generally don't milk their IPs that much. They'll let them run their course, and then allow the devs to move on to something new if they choose to. New IPs are highly risky and won't always succeed commercially, but it is refreshing to see from the fan perspective.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
High possibility for 2020, moderate possibility for cross-gen IMHO.
Hmmm.

If ghost is a 2020 game, it would be a smart move to make it cross gen. But it will be the killer launch title? I thinking about a Naughy Dog game (maybe a new ip or uncharted) but i dont know if they are big enought to make Last Of Us 2 and another game in the same time. So i assume that GOW2 will be a launch title, maybe(2021 is more likely).

So many doubts.

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Hmmm.

If ghost is a 2020 game, it would be a smart move to make it cross gen. But it will be the killer launch title? I thinking about a Naughy Dog game (maybe a new ip or uncharted) but i dont know if they are big enought to make Last Of Us 2 and another game in the same time. So i assume that GOW2 will be a launch title, maybe(2021 is more likely).

So many doubts.
It is a really stupid move make games for PS4 cross gen since probably next gen will have bc.

This idea doesn't make any sense.

These games(ds, tlou2, got) don't look at all next gen. They look like PS4 games and should come to PS4.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
Hmmm.

So many doubts.
1st-Party wise, I think that PS5 will start getting its big exclusives in Spring 2021 beginning with Horizon 2. Followed by Spider-Man 2 in Summer 2021 and GoW2 as a Holiday 2021 title.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No, i don't think so. GoT will obviously be playable on the PS5 through BC. But I think GoT will launch before the PS5. Sony will have a PS5 exclusive launch lineup, as usual.
It is a really stupid move make games for PS4 cross gen since probably next gen will have bc.

These games(ds, tlou2, got) don't look at all next gen. They look like PS4 games and should come to PS4.
Calm down, i didnt knew about this BC talk until now

So cross gen doesnt make sense if ps5 supports it

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
1st-Party wise, I think that PS5 will start getting its big exclusives in Spring 2021 beginning with Horizon 2. Followed by Spider-Man 2 in Summer 2021 and GoW2 as a Holiday 2021 title.
Whew, please don't I'm sweating. That would be absolutely insane to get all those so close together. Man if Spidey and Horizon can make Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 level leaps...I don't think we are even prepared.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
Whew, please don't I'm sweating. That would be absolutely insane to get all those so close together. Man if Spidey and Horizon can make Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 level leaps...I don't think we are even prepared.
Alright maybe not THAT close together. But I definitely think that it will be in this sequence and two of those are coming in 2021.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018

They're all at 30 fps, right? Wouldn't the ideal be there's a big enough jump to get them to higher frame rates?

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
Wouldn't call Detroit massive honestly. Will be interesting to see if they expand the teams at their own studios to get more games out quicker, or perhaps new IPs from second teams
We already know that GG is expanding. SSM also seems to be on a hiring spree and there's the new team in San Diego too. Things are definitely in the works.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Wouldn't call Detroit massive honestly. Will be interesting to see if they expand the teams at their own studios to get more games out quicker, or perhaps new IPs from second teams
That's why Guerilla is expanding, to get a new game out every 2-3 years. So I can certainly see that being the case. And with a lot of big sequels coming up we might get them faster since they aren't being built from the ground up.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
And with a lot of big sequels coming up we might get them faster since they aren't being built from the ground up.
This. GoW needs to add a few more realms, Spidey needs to expand a bit more. The foundation is there. Of course everything will look prettier with the PS5 power but I think it's going to be the extra CPU power that'll make the difference in terms of dynamism in the world rather than a massive graphical bump.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018

Seriously, people are exaggerating heavily here. Sure these games look great by current gen standards, but they don't look all that far off what we have now, nor do they seem to be pushing any extreme boundaries in other aspects. I'll be very disappointed if this is how "next-gen" looks.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
Seriously, people are exaggerating heavily here. Sure these games look great by current gen standards, but they don't look all that far off what we have now, nor do they seem to be pushing any extreme boundaries in other aspects. I'll be very disappointed if this is how "next-gen" looks.

You'll be disappointed if Ghosts of Tsushima is what games look like?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017

I don't get what you're saying tbh. PS4 launched with cross-gen games too that didn't look a world apart from the PS3 versions. Where would the disappointment come from?

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
yeah its successful of course but I was meaning its not doing GOW, spidey, uncharted numbers etc.
Yeah of course but massive really depends on the genre, its ceiling, expectation and the budget you put in. A horror movie that pulls in 100M on a 10M budget is similarly massive as a giant blockbuster pulling in 1 billion on a 200M budget etc.

Detroit was by far the cheapest out of the 3 and its genre has a very low ceiling. I wouldn't exactly put it on a level with GoW or Spidey either but it did pretty damn well considering all factors

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah of course but massive really depends on the genre, its ceiling, expectation and the budget you put in. A horror movie that pulls in 100M on a 10M budget is similarly massive as a giant blockbuster pulling in 1 billion on a 200M budget etc.

Detroit was by far the cheapest out of the 3 and its genre has a very low ceiling. I wouldn't exactly put it on a level with GoW or Spidey either but it did pretty damn well considering all factors

i don't think detroid was that much cheaper than those other 3.
$37 Millions (without marketing) are a lot.
according to a dutch newspaper Horizon zero dawn had development costs of around $47 Million. The Witcher 3 around 81$Million US Dollars (with Marketing)

While Detroid certainly made its money back, i don't think it was that much of a goldmine for Sony.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
Ghost and tlou 2 look next gen to me.. if they look like current gen for you, you will be a little bit dissappointed in first years of ps5.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
i don't think detroid was that much cheaper than those other 3.
$37 Millions (without marketing) are a lot.
according to a dutch newspaper Horizon zero dawn had development costs of around $47 Million. The Witcher 3 around 81$Million US Dollars (with Marketing)

While Detroid certainly made its money back, i don't think it was that much of a goldmine for Sony.
SSM and Insomniac are located in way more expensive areas than Guerilla and QD are. $47M in development budget is gonna be the very low end for those two. Wouldn't surprise me if GoW pushed over $60M in dev budget alone tbh. And then you need to consider marketing, which was probably double that of Detroit and you have something like GoW creep up to $100-110M easily vs. Detroit's maybe $65M total. Not that Detroit was "cheap" by any means of course. I think it will end up making over $60M in profit after it reaches the 3 million copy mark (HR made over $100M in revenue and Detroit should be higher) which is very good given this is mostly an arthouse affair for Sony

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Possible Dreams beta announcement?

200.gif

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Detroit definitely made money.

Wonder if the partnership will continue?

That's going to be interesting to see. Business-wise it makes sense. QD games are profitable and they help diversify Sony's portfolio. On the other hand, there's a lot of bad PR surrounding QD recently and I wonder how much that would impact Sony's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.