• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Sony PlayStation: First Party Studios & Projects |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Just saw this in another thread. Apparently Housemarque is already significantly bigger than I think any of us believed, 50 people as of about a year ago :O and are planning to stuff up a lot.

Sony feels like a strong candidate for their new AAA game given their history and XDev's interactions with their social media.
And they still have 10+ open positions now:

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this in another thread. Apparently Housemarque is already significantly bigger than I think any of us believed, 50 people as of about a year ago :O and are planning to stuff up a lot.

Sony feels like a strong candidate for their new AAA game given their history and XDev's interactions with their social media.
I hope they are working together with Sony on a new AAA IP. Like From Software did with Bloodborne. I wanna see what Housemarque can do AAA-wise, with Sony's full support and budget.

Oct 27, 2017

Isn’t Housemarque working on a BR game as well?
Yes. Stormdivers. It's the "smaller" game. Their main project is the big new AAA IP. They clearly already got a publisher. They wouldn't take the risk if that wasn't the case. That's the reason why I think they have a deal with Sony here ;)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Edit:
Bummer about Toyama's new project. That gives me the sense that something got canned.
Pretty sure they've been around 50 for a while, since after shipping Resogun (which had a team of 20 in full-production) at least. They usually had 2-3 teams at a time working of different stuff

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Stormdivers. It's the "smaller" game. Their main project is the big new AAA IP. They clearly already got a publisher. They wouldn't take the risk if that wasn't the case. That's the reason why I think they have a deal with Sony here ;)
It seems that Guerrilla have hired Kevin Middelbos as well. He was the DRIVECLUB and GT Sport UI designer.

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Looking to buy Dragons Crown Pro since it's on sale, any impressions for playing it solo? Seems it might be a bit co-op focused.
I played it entirely solo and it's easily one of the best games i've ever played.
Edit: you can have ai as party members. The game can be a little bit challenging and the ai helps a lot.

Aug 27, 2018
Looks like the PSVR Exclusive "Star Child" has been cancelled for some unknown reason, and pulled from the store. Their Twitter account has yet to acknowledge any cancellation.

Just a bit of a downer for what has been a great year for PSVR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/a84tjs/playstation_exclusive_star_child_has_been_canceled/
Wow. Out of nowhere! The game was published by GameTrust (GameStop) right? This is a bummer for PSVR users.

JuanLatino Will we get the new OT in the new year, or in the next few days, because we have reached the 400 pages?

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like the PSVR Exclusive "Star Child" has been cancelled for some unknown reason, and pulled from the store. Their Twitter account has yet to acknowledge any cancellation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/a84tjs/playstation_exclusive_star_child_has_been_canceled/
According to one of the reddit posts, the devs said they're still working on the game, so that's good news. My guess is GameTrust is dead and they've "cancelled" their release of the game, so it'll either be self-published or get picked up by another publisher.

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
Look at the tweet two pages ago. Naughty Dog wouldn't be hiring localisation testers if they had nothing for them to test.

And Death Stranding was a leak from a verified Era poster.
Thanks , missed those tweets.

Interesting . I'm thinking DS comes out Sep 19 and TLOU 2 isn't until 2020.

Keep with the PS3 and ND delivering the consoles last big first party game like they did with the first.

Oct 25, 2017

Damn that sucks if so. I liked the teaser demo and how it looked and was looking forward to it.

Edit:

According to one of the reddit posts, the devs said they're still working on the game, so that's good news. My guess is GameTrust is dead and they've "cancelled" their release of the game, so it'll either be self-published or get picked up by another publisher.
Oh, good.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does the whole game need to be completed for QA testers to do their job?
No. QA has functions throughout the entire development cycle, from testing of game mechanics, to checking assets.

That said, I'd be surprised if the game isn't quite far along by now. But this isn't just any game, it's the sequel to TLoU. So they're not going to rush it out, that thing is going to be polished in to oblivion.
Meh. Not really blended together, black levels are all over the place.
Ha, my first thoughts too. Just looks like someone did a quick copy and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.