• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if the PS4/Xbox versions of Hollow Knight is cancelled or something? more people need to play that game.

It must be this one

De2QtZmX4AAWH6a.jpg:large

Makes me die every time

Lmao my sides xD

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the PS4/Xbox versions of Hollow Knight is cancelled or something? more people need to play that game.

Lmao my sides xD

I don't think the game was ever announced for PS4/XB1?

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken but my understanding was that they would like to bring it to consoles but it depends on the success of the game itself. They were able to get more than they wanted with the Kickstarter, which resulted in the Switch version.

If the Switch version is succesfull (looks really likely), they'll start working on a PS4/XB1 port.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
True but at the same time, NOT EVERY FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER ONLY GAME needs to have a fucking online multi-player component to it. All the BEST and GREATEST games in GAMING HISTORY are NOT nor ever will be an online multi-player game, period.

P.S. - Not yelling or anything at you. Just trying to get my point across.

I just finished all three Gears games. Single player campaigns only baby!!! FUCK multi-player garbage. Not to mention one simple detail people aren't seeing - Horizon is one character - Aloy. What are you going to do? Have FOUR Aloy's on the fucking screen? Come on. Seriously. What the hell. Gears was at least a team based shooter. Makes a lot more sense.

Fucking hate online multi-player and it's amazing how every great single player game, gamers want to fuck it up all the time. All of you online gamers, go play your Destiny's, your COD's, your BF's, your Overwatch's, etc. You know, all the shitty games that will never ever win game of the year awards or even be remembered in a decade from now.

Gamers get something great and always want to fuck it up. SMH.

You need to calm down. Also, I disagree with you. There arent many games that provided me with so much fun and beautiful memories than Bad Company 2 multiplayer with people from slovakia and czech republic that i jumped into randomly.

Let people enjoying multiplayer have their fun. And dont just generalize multiplayer as some fucking evil thing with no quality whatsoever. You are losing your face that way.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think the game was ever announced for PS4/XB1?

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken but my understanding was that they would like to bring it to consoles but it depends on the success of the game itself. They were able to get more than they wanted with the Kickstarter, which resulted in the Switch version.

If the Switch version is succesfull (looks really likely), they'll start working on a PS4/XB1 port.

I thought they did announce it. Maybe i'm confusing it for another game.

Nov 14, 2017
Last of US was a good game, but I also liked the multiplayer anyone interested to see what that looks like or is that being scrapped?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Remember this quote from Rocksteady

"It's the sort of thing that you think could be cool, but when you start to play out what that would mean from a development perspective, splitting the development effort to make a single-player campaign and a multiplayer mode would have ended up with us making two pretty average games."

Oct 25, 2017
Remember this quote from Rocksteady

"It's the sort of thing that you think could be cool, but when you start to play out what that would mean from a development perspective, splitting the development effort to make a single-player campaign and a multiplayer mode would have ended up with us making two pretty average games."
Lol this thread man y'all have fun

Nov 8, 2017
I really hope The Persistence will be a very good game !

The new trailer looks promising and I love sci fi horror like Dead Space or Event Horizon.

After playing the Resident Evil 7 kitchen demo and completely freaking out and not wanting to try it again, I think horror games on PSVR can be very powerful gaming experiences. Hopefully they can get it right because while I know I'm not going to play this, for people who like to be scared to death, this game could be just what they're after.

Oct 31, 2017
So... which two of you made the Detroit vs. Dark Souls sales bet? Because Detroit charted number 3 and Dark Souls failed to chart. Did I miss the conclusion? =P

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Still playing Horizon, since that's all I'm really playing at the moment, of course! I have been trying to get through Dark Souls Remastered, but the level design is incredibly outdated in my opinion, and there are really annoying aspects to that game that put me off continuing. I've wrapped up Origins for the most part and have began KH2 again, look forward to that. Nevertheless, Frozen Wilds is about to be replayed and a tonne more gifs are to come, hopefully better quality too! After Frozen Wilds, I'm probably going to play Lost Legacy or Uncharted 4.

y72Hhsr.gif

oKvpi8E.gif

On another note, I've got a completed God of War album that people can look at now if they wish. Note it has spoilers galore in it!:

https://imgur.com/gallery/iruyW7z

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I have been trying to get through Dark Souls Remastered, but the level design is incredibly outdated in my opinion, and there are really annoying aspects to that game that put me off continuing.
The first half of that game really drags compared to the second half. Once you get past
Sen's Fortress
and get
the ability to fast travel
it's much more enjoyable.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
The first half of that game really drags compared to the second half. Once you get past
Sen's Fortress
and get

I've been cursed by some froggies after backtracking from Blightown, and now my health bar is perma-half way. It sucks man cause I know it gets better, but the pitfalls of the game are so clear :(

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I've been cursed by some froggies after backtracking from Blightown, and now my health bar is perma-half way. It sucks man cause I know it gets better, but the pitfalls of the game are so clear :(
Yep, I don't disagree with you. It overloads the shittiest parts of the game early and often whereas the back half of the game is prettier, more interesting, enjoyable and with better bosses. It's weird.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Sen's Fortress
and get

Nah, the first half is the best part of the game. The second half has some of the worst-designed areas and bosses of the entire series.

Sen's Fortess is the start of the decline, really.

Much

Feb 24, 2018
Yep, I don't disagree with you. It overloads the shittiest parts of the game early and often whereas the back half of the game is prettier, more interesting, enjoyable and with better bosses. It's weird.

Haha, I look forward to it mate. I can't wait to get rid of this curse! I know where to go which I assume is Sen's Fortress but this curse is taking its toll. I'll get there! :)

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, which is why I put other Soulsborne games ahead of it. The final portion of the game needed more time in the oven.

It's a shame, it really feels like they either ran out of time or just didn't have the communication between area teams necessary to make the second half flow well.

While Anor Londo is great, and the Archives have their moments, you also get stuff like Izalith and the Tomb of Giants and they're just...woof.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Sen's Fortress
and get
Drags? it's perfectly designed and FROM's best. It felt like a real journey in that great interconnected and intertwined world.

Earning fast travel after beating the hardest/second hardest boss never felt any better.

Oct 25, 2017

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
They were about 3-4k copies apart in the UK. Switch version would've made plenty difference.

US, different story and the bet completely falls apart.
It was 4k diference from the first 2 games.
Not even LA Noire an open world Rocksatr game did those numbers in the uk on the Switch. Why would a From game be differnt?
From games are very niche, despise the popularity on ERA. The Amibo might outsell the game on the Switch. Also that was just a week. Ever since Dark Souls disapear from the Pal Charts, and Detroit did not,

Oct 25, 2017
It was 4k diference from the first 2 games.
Not even LA Noire an open world Rocksatr game did those numbers in the uk on the Switch. Why would a From game be differnt?
From games are very niche, despise the popularity on ERA. The Amibo might outsell the game on the Switch. Also that was just a week. Ever since Dark Souls disapear from the Pal Charts, and Detroit did not,

Ah, I misremembered the difference. And yea, Detroit held better than DS but I was simply talking about the initial bet, not overall sales.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While two are multi-platform games, anyone else interested in Code Vein, Lost Soul Aside and Shadows Die Twice?

I'm not into SoulsBorne at all but I have liked what I have seen from Code Vein and im 100% in with Shadows Die Twice. Interested in Lost Soul Aside but have to see more.

Oct 25, 2017
But honestly I was very suprised that did not charted on the US. I honestly thought it would sell better on US. I was very wrong on that lol
I called it. Y'all spiced it. Franchise doesn't sell gangbusters to begin with it wasn't selling with a pretty stacked 2018
*Shrugs. Sanjo strikes again
While two are multi-platform games, anyone else interested in Code Vein, Lost Soul Aside and Shadows Die Twice?

I'm not into SoulsBorne at all but I have liked what I have seen from Code Vein and im 100% in with Shadows Die Twice. Interested in Lost Soul Aside but have to see more.
One of those has multiplayer:)

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
So... which two of you made the Detroit vs. Dark Souls sales bet? Because Detroit charted number 3 and Dark Souls failed to chart. Did I miss the conclusion? =P

Lol I know at least one of those people, but I'll save them the embarrassment of it. Although to be fair I don't think they ended up wagering anything. I just remember enjoying that heated conversation they had and thinking they're going to be so wrong if they honestly believe Dark Souls would outsell Detroit.

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Still playing Horizon, since that's all I'm really playing at the moment, of course! I have been trying to get through Dark Souls Remastered, but the level design is incredibly outdated in my opinion, and there are really annoying aspects to that game that put me off continuing. I've wrapped up Origins for the most part and have began KH2 again, look forward to that. Nevertheless, Frozen Wilds is about to be replayed and a tonne more gifs are to come, hopefully better quality too! After Frozen Wilds, I'm probably going to play Lost Legacy or Uncharted 4.

y72Hhsr.gif

oKvpi8E.gif

On another note, I've got a completed God of War album that people can look at now if they wish. Note it has spoilers galore in it!:

https://imgur.com/gallery/iruyW7z

Really loved this game a lot! I can't wait to see the sequel running on PS5 with a much better CPU.

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to finish the Witcher 3 expansions which I never got around to, and while this game still holds up in terms of writing and side quests, I had totally forgotten about the combat and controls.

The Frog boss, my god. Jank, jank as far as the eye can see. And then more jank. And input lag. And some more jank.

I guess playing Horizon two years later, I initially never truly and fully appreciated how well Aloy controls for an open world game. I had to boot it up again just to check and the differences are stark.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
some of you may already know this but theres a new official sonyera discord. heres the link

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 43446

User requested account closure
Banned
May 15, 2018
Got my first taste of PSVR today, started with Resident Evil 7 and was disappointed right away, the game looks too low res and just not good overall compared to the 2d version. After that tried PlayStation Room VR and had a lot of fun with the little robot platform levels, they are well done and the game doesn't look to bad. Lastly I played a level of Until Dawn Blood Rush and my PSVR purchase became all worth it, the game feels fantastic and did a great job blending me into the surroundings, my move controllers' batteries died before I got too far but so far this is the game that I feel will keep me the most entertained.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
User Warned: Console warring
Just came to say arrogant Sony is back and they suck!!! I'm jumping ship next gen into the future!

Eat me Yoshida!

Status
Not open for further replies.