• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say probably Sly Cooper 5 but it was Sanzaru and not Sumo :( I wonder what's Sanzaru working on

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
DkWFnnmU8AEQFnU

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Phil looks like he's somewhere else, and to be honest I don't blame him.

THnW72Z.png

Jokes aside, I think it's cool to see these folks together for good cause.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I think we're all thinking about Spidey at this rate. All I'm doing is Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and Horizon right now, just waiting for Spidey. :P

Gxk3F4t.gif

VngNtYW.gif

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Spidey won't reach 90 or more on meta.
Screenshot this
I think it will have forgettable story and meh characters and this will drag the score down

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
THERE! Finally done with Dark Souls 3! Took me pretty much all summer but now I'm 100% ready for Spider-Man!

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Spidey won't reach 90 or more on meta.
Screenshot this
I think it will have forgettable story and meh characters and this will drag the score down
I think quite the opposite. I've watched a lot of interviews with the dev team and you can just tell how passionate they are and how they want to make sure they get it right. They often focus on how the best Spider-Man stories are the ones where Peter and Spider-Man's worlds collide and that's what they wanted to achieve here. I think that could potentially lead to a phenomenal story. Couple that with them creating a unique universe not tied to any movie or comic (like what the Arkham games did) and you have insane potential in this game.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
Does Sony have anything planned for gamescom? Been super busy lately and out of the loop on almost everything.
They haven't had a press conference there after 2014. I don't think they will either. PGW has been their center for SIE WWS next to E3 in the west. Since 2015 Sony started to have four press conferences: E3, ChinaJoy, TGS and PGW. Don't ask me why 2016 was different and they did a press conference at PSX.

However, before people complained on too much indies Sony did treat PSX as the laid-back event with a keynote to announce indie games and some third party games. 2015 was when people set up their high expectations for first party announcements after a onslaught of first party announcements at E3, TGS and PGW. People wanted more so they got frustrated and disappointed after that keynote. 2015 was in my opinion better than 2016 as a whole. TGS has never been this excited for years so it was obvious it will go back to normal again in 2016 and 2017 with boring press conferences. TGS is either a hit or miss. It can never be stable for two years in a row.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think quite the opposite. I've watched a lot of interviews with the dev team and you can just tell how passionate they are and how they want to make sure they get it right. They often focus on how the best Spider-Man stories are the ones where Peter and Spider-Man's worlds collide and that's what they wanted to achieve here. I think that could potentially lead to a phenomenal story. Couple that with them creating a unique universe not tied to any movie or comic (like what the Arkham games did) and you have insane potential in this game.

Absolutely right. Check Easy Allies' impression of the first 5 hours, in the last several minutes Brandon gave really high praise of the story and the character design.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're all thinking about Spidey at this rate. All I'm doing is Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and Horizon right now, just waiting for Spidey. :P

Gxk3F4t.gif

VngNtYW.gif

Have you checked out death's gambit? Comes out this Tuesday and I've preordered it since it's on a 20% discount.

This trailer hyped me up lol. This game will tide me over till spiderman hits.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Have you checked out death's gambit? Comes out this Tuesday and I've preordered it since it's on a 20% discount.

This trailer hyped me up lol. This game will tide me over till spiderman hits.

Looks good! Shame since I just bought Ghost Recon in that sale, so trying to get all the value outta that as I can.

I think Spider-Man will be a GOTY contender alongside God of War and Red Dead Redemption, for sure. Think about it: this is gonna be the first Spider-Man game with a proper story, soundtrack, combat and some navigation that draws inspiration from Spider-Man 2. What's not to love from what we've seen so far? I expect something like 92.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Can't wait for Spidey!! Any idea when is the review embargo ending, guys?

Last edited:

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what the meta will be, but forgettable story and meh characters is one thing I know we DON'T have.
Kwyeebe.gif

I know it's kind of wrong for me to feel this way, but I'm a little offended that some people think the game will have a forgettable story and/or characters (I'm not actually letting it bother me, but there's that tiny little itch at the back of my head when I see comments like that) because everything I've read and seen about the game so far points to that not being the case. The more I read learn about the game, the more it's sounding like a dream come true for diehard Spider-Man fans. I've said it again and again, but it sounds like Insomniac truly understands the character, and that's not surprising considering how closely they're working with Marvel Games on this. With Spider-Man's recent homecoming to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Spencer and Ottley's (so far) fantastic new ASM book, and Marvel's Spider-Man, it feels like one of the best times ever to be a Spidey fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.