• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Trolling
XPj5cZK.png

Phantom_Snake

Banned
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Playstation Meeting announcement with a silhouette of a new console and a question mark overlayed on the silhouette. February 2019. Boom minds blown.

I'm probably wrong though.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
They've shown Ghost/TLoU/Death gameplay ONCE... They showed God of War and Horizon twice at E3, Spider-Man thrice and Days Gone three times as well. This "they will skip E3 if it's again focusing on those three" narrative is DUMB.

Better, longer demos on those, an indie game/VR sizzle reel, some surprise PS PLUS game dropping on the show and the usual third party stuff and a brief teaser for something like Horizon 2 or something is MORE than enough for an E3 showing.

Kyuga

Oct 27, 2017
But is that even true? As far as we know TLOU2, Ghost and DS are all for PS4. Why not just show those games again? New footage, this time with a release date. And I'm sure there's more. It's Sony we're talking about, it's like these guys never run out of games.
No because all other games are for PS5 and if this news is correct then it also means that DS, GOT and LOU part 2 will not be releasing in 2019 but 2020 instead sadly

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we should chill down with the "No E3 2019 for Sony" until we actually get something from Sony and not taking a random deleted anonymous Reddit post as truth.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can we safely assume that Kojima Productions will be acquired by SIE if Death Stranding is a big enough success?

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Damn, Playstation meeting 2019 announcement? Looks like Team 2019 might have won.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I don't think they needed to be bought either, but it all depends on the studio culture too.

If they want their independence, that shouldn't be forced

The way they praise Sony just after the Spider-Man release, I would not be surprised to see them accepting a possible proposal from Sony.
But the real question is whether Sony would be interested or not, they seem be very happy with those partnerships.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because Playground wanted to become a 1st party studio whereas Insommiac wants to stay independent.

No, they said around FH3 they liked staying independent when IGNs Ryan interviews Playground Games. But of course, things change.

Edit: This is getting off topic. Closing my input on this discussion with this post.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I think this thread needs to chill, and just wait. Im sure whatever it is will be up sometime today, and then we can all get hyped(which is how im leaning), or be depressed together. Until then youre just torturing yourselves.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
yWJETyf.gif

To celebrate that 5 year anniversary I made this. Obviously inspired by Sunhi.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
Sony not appearing at E3 2019 makes no sense indeed. They might not have a press conference at E3...

But that wouldnt be shocking news at all

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not smart at all.

Last year people complained despite being told not to expect new announcements and that Sony only intended to show off what's already in the pipeline.

Why have another E3 with more of the same when it'll likely cause the critics voices to grow even louder?

They'll probably still be at E3, but they won't have a conference.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has gone full stupid. Why the fuck would they announce that they are skipping E3 full 7 months before the event and on the day of fifth anniversary. Whatever news that was hinted at is not this. Calm the fuck down.

...and no, it doesn't make sense for them to skip E3 altogether.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last year people complained despite being told not to expect new announcements and that Sony only intended to show off what's already in the pipeline.

Why have another E3 with more of the same when it'll likely cause the critics voices to grow even louder?

They'll probably still be at E3, but they won't have a conference.

I could see no conference but I'm not sure what good there is to announce that now, on the 5th anniversary of PS4 and 7 months away. Companies don't usually announce a negative unless they follow it up with some new thing they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.