• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I wasn't expecting my notifications to blow up haha

On that note, Horizon Zero Dawn's story was great in large part due to the intrigue and the really cool story behind why the world was how it was. One of my biggest curiosities is what the sequel's story will tackle.

Yeah, the story of the past really carried that game imo. I don't know how well they'll be able to recreate that intrigue in the next game, cos the story of the present was dreadfully boring.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Would like to know why Mm isn't at VGA, would be the perfect time for the Dreams beta announcement :/

Or is it realistic to hope that Geoff will announce the date without Mm devs ?

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
It had an E3 2018 showing and that's enough, I'd rather not see a single new thing about it until launch because I'm already more than sold.

True !

In the future I will only read impressions like I did with UC4, Horizon, GoW etc...
The same with Ghost of Tsushima.

One gameplay demonstration is enough imo.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In that case, I'll probably just catch up on announcements the morning after the event.

Y'all gonna tune in anyways?

Conferences and events are so dull without Sony surprises/announcements being there~~~

Last years show was pretty good, they had a segment dedicated to a woman that had pioneered early games that was quite well done.

Plus I'll go through anything to see more Death Stranding.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Unless both Part II & Tsushima going God of War 2018 kind of marketing; releasing little info & limited trailers, I hope for Tsushima have long overview trailers like Red Dead 2 did.

Might hype people more.

Or not...

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I can't believe after learning the GoW release date 3 months before launch & the Spider-Man date 5 months before launch that by TLOU2 not being at the game awards means it's a 2020 game lmao.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe after learning the GoW release date 3 months before launch & the Spider-Man date 5 months before launch that by TLOU2 not being at the game awards means it's a 2020 game lmao.
God of War had a release window, early 2018, that Sony never wavered on (same as Spider-Man). TLOU2 doesn't have a release window. Not even a year.

At least that's my rational.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Horizon: Zero RPG

Whatever it's called, it will blow us away for sure. Guerrilla Games are wizards.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah, it really looks like Sony will only give us dates or windows they're 100% confident they'll hit. If there's a 10% chance they wont hit the date they have in mind they'll keep it a secret.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
God of War had a release window, early 2018, that Sony never wavered on (same as Spider-Man). TLOU2 doesn't have a release window. Not even a year.

Didnt ND said they would announce the date later this time around than they had previously done? My guess is that they dont wanna push the date forward like they did with U4

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

To be fair, obviously in God of War's case, most of the initial previews and footage were merely smoke and mirrors and they were likely developing the game up until the release date.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
To be fair, obviously in God of War's case, most of the initial previews and footage were merely smoke and mirrors and they were likely developing the game up until the release date.
....what lmao

Spider-Man was included int he "first half of the year" spiel for the 2018 games and came out in september so....

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man was included int he "first half of the year" spiel for the 2018 games and came out in september so....
Way to miss the point of the post.

That's all the more reason to not expect a game with zero release window from a publisher well known for giving things time to hit in the next 12 months.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Unless both Part II & Tsushima going God of War 2018 kind of marketing; releasing little info & limited trailers, I hope for Tsushima have long overview trailers like Red Dead 2 did.

Might hype people more.

Or not...
I would love some of these games (especially Part II) to go that route but Cory Barlog did say that the only reason we saw so little was because of development. They decided to work on all the parts of the game at once and certain sections couldn't finish until other areas were finished so they legitimately didn't have enough to show off. Not that I'm complaining because it was cool going into the game knowing very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.