• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
That'd be a weak 2019 from first party in my opinion. I think either one or two of those big three have to be releasing in 2019.

Since Ghost was apparently only half done earlier this year, I could see that being 2020, but I think one of Last of Us 2 or Death Stranding must be releasing next year. There's also that unannounced exclusive Shu mentioned, which I'm guessing must be the Japan Studio game that one of the developers there has talked about at various points since 2016.

All of these games can't be coming 2020 if PS5 is also that year. Something has to be next year.
Blood & Truth
Everybody's Golf VR

And I am confident we get one of the "3 bigs" next year.

I agree for the reason THE GUY stated. It just seems like, those games are REALLY big, like God of War/Spidey levels of big. And I have a hard time seeing all three of them releasing along with the PS5. Maybe it will, but it feels like one of those should release next year.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
When I wake up tomorrow, first thing I will do is head to Playstation's Youtube and I'm expecting to see there a new trailer for GoW expansion. That teasing couldn't be for nothing.

It just couldn't, right?

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
Most of the time people don't lie for stuff like this (marketing).
David Jaffe lied about a new Twisted Metal not happening and then turned around and announced it at E3. Also you have to take in account the wording. He said HE wouldn't be there. It's Kojima, there's always more to the story with him. If anyone can get away with point blank lying it's this man.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
"Don't trust the news. Don't trust the police. They are already controlled by them."

Maybe Joakim Mogren shows up instead of Kojima. Joking aside id be amazed if DS wasn't there even if they all deny it.

yukihirasouma

Mar 11, 2018
I have a nagging feeling at least something from Sony 1st party will show up during Kinda Funny Games Showcase. Maybe an update on Concrete Genie?

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't the holy mother of all leaks (walmart Canada,lol) leak death stranding releAse date to be 2019 ? If so , this is a perfect place to release a trailer maybe with a release date .

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect GoT to be there. But if there is a trailer, we will most likely see the way of the ghost. I think a lot of people will be surprised that Ghost of Tsushima offers a completely different way of gameplay than what was shown at E3.
I hope so, honestly.

One thing I've come to expect from Sucker Punch is fun, rapid traversal and platforming, and I'm hoping the ninja-esque gameplay delivers on that in spades. The game looks gorgeous but until I see something like that I won't be convinced that it's actually *fun*.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I do not expect to see anything relevant from Sony today. I was excited earlier in the week, but I think Sony will spend next 6-9 months without showing/saying anything new. If something happens, it will be through PSBlog.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so, honestly.

One thing I've come to expect from Sucker Punch is fun, rapid traversal and platforming, and I'm hoping the ninja-esque gameplay delivers on that in spades. The game looks gorgeous but until I see something like that I won't be convinced that it's actually *fun*.

Yup. The whole "we made really pretty Bushido Blade" conceit does literally nothing for me and feels like the opposite of entertaining. The minute to minute gameplay needs to be up to Sucker Punch's usual standard re: mobility and game speed or the whole game is likely going to be a chore.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Since I can't watch TGA due to sleep, I assume we will move on to OT3 after the event.

So, see you guys there, maybe.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yup. The whole "we made really pretty Bushido Blade" conceit does literally nothing for me and feels like the opposite of entertaining. The minute to minute gameplay needs to be up to Sucker Punch's usual standard re: mobility and game speed or the whole game is likely going to be a chore.
I don't understand this, we don't really need another game with fast and flashy sword combat, just next year we have DMCV Sekiro and possibly Nioh 2, having something slow is refreshing and fits what SP is going for with the game.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
I'm particularly excited at the prospect of having two gameplay approach

5l0q887x0i201.gif

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this, we don't really need another game with fast and flashy sword combat, just next year we have DMCV Sekiro and possibly Nioh 2, having something slow is refreshing and fits what SP is going for with the game.
I don't need it to be a stylish action game - the combat generally looks fine - but I need simply moving around the world to be fun (something most open world games fail at but something Sucker Punch has previously specialized in).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I'm more talking about the speed of traversal and exploration. I am just done with riding a horse around a gigantic map. We've done that too many times this gen. There need to be ways to move around the map and get around story areas that aren't just that - give us speedy runs, high jumps, wall movement, teleports, etc. All the stuff SP is known for.

Re: the combat, it doesn't need to be DMC-level. It just needs to be more interesting than what they've shown so far. A really long open world game is going to be a chore if every combat sequence is just slow-paced duels where you die in one hit but enemies inexplicably take dozens to take down.

Deleted member 30005

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Sony seeking to expand their Liverpool operations (XDev). Negotiating to move away from the Technology Park to take up residence at the waterfront in the former Echo building once renovation is complete early 2020. They want a significant amount of the office space. New location:

WaLLbbH.png

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more talking about the speed of traversal and exploration. I am just done with riding a horse around a gigantic map. We've done that too many times this gen. There need to be ways to move around the map and get around story areas that aren't just that - give us speedy runs, high jumps, wall movement, teleports, etc. All the stuff SP is known for.

Re: the combat, it doesn't need to be DMC-level. It just needs to be more interesting than what they've shown so far. A really long open world game is going to be a chore if every combat sequence is just slow-paced duels where you die in one hit but enemies inexplicably take dozens to take down.
I want fights that are are hard and heavily skill based. No flashyness and there's a sense of weight, oomph and urgency. I think everyone dying in 3-5 hits or to a single, uninterrupted flurry is ideal. Counter attacking could be a way of dealing extreme damage or 1 hit kills, so both parties, both player and npc can fall victim to attack spamming and be parried or evaded and countered. I don't think there's any way to really get around horse riding here unless they have some boat system in place where rivers channel into every area in the game...which would be cool imo.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Sony seeking to expand their Liverpool operations (XDev). Negotiating to move away from the Technology Park to take up residence at the waterfront in the former Echo building once renovation is complete early 2020. They want a significant amount of the office space. New location:

WaLLbbH.png

Nice, another Sony developer becomes bigger :)

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Excited to see Ghost gameplay reveal, will prob skip DS's gameplay reveal. Hoping to get 2019 release dates for DS, Ghost & Dreams. :)

Evangelista

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2018

WaLLbbH.png
I thought they had closed Liverpool Studios. Nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.