• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screen Looker

Nov 17, 2018
A dude said they needed to be completely restructured into a AAA team to make them useful.

Their contributions to all of Sony's studios is pretty diverse but they're everywhere.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
What games are these?
1)
wktOgjZ.png

5vh4358.png

2)
yzn2455.png

Bef19u3.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjfvAlgALi4

The PlayStation Template is getting worse. Now they're not even bothering to put trees in the games.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
I have this tab as well. It seems to only allow me to change from countries within the EU (I'm from the UK). There is no option for US or Japan.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
not saying those pictures have any significant meaning, but lets not forget that hinting (or having Easter Eggs) towards unnanounced projects wouldn't be something new when it comes to Sony Ads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrH0K0nLrB8
Yeah, you're right, they've done a lot of hinting in these types of ads before.

Unless somehow Crash Trilogy was in development for like 4 years (4 years for a remaster lol) I doubt they had any clue of anything Crash related coming.
It's possible they were in talks about it trying to make it happen back then though.

Last edited:

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I hope PSN will allow for account merging in the future, its awful to have to manage many different accounts.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Unless somehow Crash Trilogy was in development for like 4 years (4 years for a remaster lol) I doubt they had any clue of anything Crash related coming.

i don't know man, every easter egg turning out to be a Ps4 Game 5 years later seems like a weird coincidence.
+ the game might not have been in development by that time, but maybe greenlighted or planned. That Sign was way too obvious, to count as a nostalgic throwback

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
what's the deal with Sony and CyGames?
a mobile studio making bid budget console games now, and all of them exclusive to Ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e34VPWoVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pTzNON1FQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQo9vSj1_A

Are they a big studio? are they funding/publishing these big games themself?

Granblue Fantasy on mobile makes bank.

Bank.

So Cygames are able to spend that gacha money on cool projects like console games and anime and stuff.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Saw this on Reddit a moment ago, anyone can confirm? Supposedly it is possible to change the region of the PSN Store now.

4gtLsP9.jpg
Oh? This is gonna be huge. I'm thinking of the possible complications this would cause with different regions having different PlayStation Plus offerings, but with the upcoming removal of PlayStation 3 and VITA games, maybe this will roll along with it and they'll give us a unified selection of free games every month instead.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Granblue Fantasy on mobile makes bank.

Bank.

So Cygames are able to spend that gacha money on cool projects like console games and anime and stuff.

wow thats awesome. Having a new japanese powerhouse working on AAA Games out of nowhere. Thank you Mobile Gaming

i guess they would be too expensive for an aqcuisition ?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
wow thats awesome. Having a new japanese powerhouse working on AAA Games out of nowhere. Thank you Mobile Gaming

i guess they would be too expensive for an aqcuisition ?

I think Nintendo has a 5% stake in the company.

They could be acquired but since this is a Sony thread, let's face it Sony ain't buying shit.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
There not even inisiatives to make a Fate console JRPG yet...

Sony Music probably didn't give a f because Grand Order mobile already monstrous as it is now.

But how the hell SIEJA manage to land a Fate JRPG when there are no new first party console JRPGs in the first place... /: (

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
There not even inisiatives to make a Fate console JRPG yet...

Sony Music probably didn't give a f because Grand Order mobile already monstrous as it is now.

But how the hell SIEJA manage to land a Fate JRPG when there are no new first party console JRPGs in the first place... /: (

Probably because Fate games haven't been huge hits on consoles before and FGO is under Sony's Music division not PlayStation.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
what's the deal with Sony and CyGames?
a mobile studio making bid budget console games now, and all of them exclusive to Ps4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4e34VPWoVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-pTzNON1FQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQQo9vSj1_A

Are they a big studio? are they funding/publishing these big games themself?

i don't think there is deal between them
the only reason why they make it only in ps4
because i don't think switch can run this game
and xbox 1 is dead in japan
maybe the game will release to xbox and pc in the west

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
i don't think there is deal between them
the only reason why they make it only in ps4
because i don't think switch can run this game
and xbox 1 is dead in japan
maybe the game will release to xbox and pc in the west

in the case of Projekt Awakening tough, its not a typical niche japanese game made for that audience.
Its a big budget game (at least it looks like it) made for a global audience - so being absent from Xbox and PC is a little Surprising in this case.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
The GranBlue games and Project Awakening really look awesome. Cygames is releasing some great stuff in the future. They're doing what I'd like to see more from Sony Japan as well.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
in the case of Projekt Awakening tough, its not a typical niche japanese game made for that audience.
Its a big budget game (at least it looks like it) made for a global audience - so being absent from Xbox and PC is a little Surprising in this case.
why they want announcement to the xbox 1 and pc now
and they only announcement release it in japan
we know the only big platform for big games there target ps4
so there is no reason to announcement to xbox 1 and pc now
we will know that if the game will release in west
it will be just on ps4 or not

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Probably because Fate games haven't been huge hits on consoles before and FGO is under Sony's Music division not PlayStation.
Plus Sony Music doesn't own Fate, they license it from Type Moon.

Neither game has been announced for the west yet.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the third party japanese games have been going to PC the last couple of years. SE just had a huge slew of ports announced for PC/xbox so japanese publishers probably feel better about those platforms than they did back in 2016 when granblue was announced.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
One thing I'm surprised not many people mentioned (as far as I know at least) is that Sony's first-party lineup for 2019 and beyond is predominantly new IP. Days Gone, Dreams, Concrete Genie, Blood and Truth, Death Stranding, and Ghost of Tsushima are all new and original IP. I find that pretty refreshing, especially in a climate filled to the brim with sequels and reboots of already known franchises. While I certainly don't mind more of what I already love, it's good to see a major company like Sony take so many risks in trying something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.