• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
So about that next Toyama's project, I hope you'll all like it when it comes in 2023 :(

081. Sony Interactive Entertainment's Keiichiro Yoyama
2019 Keyword: Comeback.

While the thought never occurred to me during the year, 2018 was a troubling year where one thing after the next didn't go as expected. We had the opportunity to speak with Siren fans of 15 years at the "Siren Exhibition," and I was able to get motivation for making games in the future, as well as big hints. In 2019, I want to turn over a new leaf and go full power from the very beginning!

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/game-creators-tease-2019-ambitions-in-weekly-famitsu

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
if DS and TLOU2 makes 2019, could be the best year for ps4. which is really saying something, considering the stellar year they had this year.

though i'm doubtful. I do think one of them will make it though. i'm thinking tlou2 is a 2019 game.

ElliesKnife

Apr 7, 2018
if DS and TLOU2 makes 2019, could be the best year for ps4. which is really saying something, considering the stellar year they had this year.

though i'm doubtful. I do think one of them will make it though. i'm thinking tlou2 is a 2019 game.
To me it depends on PS5. If we assume it's Fall 2020, then they need enough to last the whole year, in which case two of the big three would be held for 2020 (let's say Ghost in March, and another in June). The first TLOU was the June prior to PS4's launch and I think Ghost being a new IP would make sense around the date Horizon released. So I think 2019 we get Days Gone, Dreams, Death Stranding and 2020 we get Ghost, TLOU2, and PS5 launching with a new Ratchet and Clank and probably one other game with Horizon 2 being a launch window title. This follows the end of the PS3 and launch of the PS4 pretty well.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this in another thread. Apparently Housemarque is already significantly bigger than I think any of us believed, 50 people as of about a year ago :O and are planning to stuff up a lot.

So, we started working on new, more ambitious concepts, but of course we had some challenges to face there as well. It took time to convince ourselves that we could be up to the task of developing a much bigger game than we have done in the past, as we were only around 50-people strong, working on two projects simultaneously.

Sony feels like a strong candidate for their new AAA game given their history and XDev's interactions with their social media.

Edit:
Bummer about Toyama's new project. That gives me the sense that something got canned.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
XAHAgWe.png

Funny error that's been up a day or two on the US PS Store. Maybe someone at PlayStation will see and fix.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this in another thread. Apparently Housemarque is already significantly bigger than I think any of us believed, 50 people as of about a year ago :O and are planning to stuff up a lot.

Sony feels like a strong candidate for their new AAA game given their history and XDev's interactions with their social media.

Edit:
Bummer about Toyama's new project. That gives me the sense that something got canned.

yeah Sony is most likely the publisher.
a new AAA IP sounds exciting.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
AAA money is a lot, do they have a good track record for Sony to spend that much money on them?

They have a good relationship, but the bottom line is that their games didn't sell by their own admission. If they're going to go AAA, partnering with a 3rd party publisher seems to be the smarter move because that will get their game on every platform.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I may be completely wrong, but Housemarque seems to be one of those studios that I would love to be taken over by some larger company to have some financial security.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
While we now know that Housemarque is larger than expected, I still don't see their game being "AAA" in the traditional sense. I'm expecting something closer to like what Focus Home publishes in terms of scale. Or perhaps a bit bigger.

My dream is for them to take their expertise in sublime fast-paced, score-based gameplay and make something like Vanquish.

Last edited:

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I think Housemarque is doing okay for themselves right now - not sure they really need the volatility of a buyout.

"Instead of shutting down we have made the jump to AAA development and are working on a new, unannounced IP," the article reads. "This is the biggest and most ambitious game that Housemarque has ever worked on."

Sounds like they could be in trouble if their new projects don't succeed.

Cyberia

Nov 8, 2017

And they still have 10+ open positions now:

Rl3Pb36.png

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hope they are working together with Sony on a new AAA IP. Like From Software did with Bloodborne. I wanna see what Housemarque can do AAA-wise, with Sony's full support and budget.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Isn't Housemarque working on a BR game as well?
Yes. Stormdivers. It's the "smaller" game. Their main project is the big new AAA IP. They clearly already got a publisher. They wouldn't take the risk if that wasn't the case. That's the reason why I think they have a deal with Sony here ;)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

Edit:

Pretty sure they've been around 50 for a while, since after shipping Resogun (which had a team of 20 in full-production) at least. They usually had 2-3 teams at a time working of different stuff

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Stormdivers. It's the "smaller" game. Their main project is the big new AAA IP. They clearly already got a publisher. They wouldn't take the risk if that wasn't the case. That's the reason why I think they have a deal with Sony here ;)

It seems that Guerrilla have hired Kevin Middelbos as well. He was the DRIVECLUB and GT Sport UI designer.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Looking to buy Dragons Crown Pro since it's on sale, any impressions for playing it solo? Seems it might be a bit co-op focused.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Looks like the PSVR Exclusive "Star Child" has been cancelled for some unknown reason, and pulled from the store. Their Twitter account has yet to acknowledge any cancellation.

Just a bit of a downer for what has been a great year for PSVR.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/a84tjs/playstation_exclusive_star_child_has_been_canceled/

Wow. Out of nowhere! The game was published by GameTrust (GameStop) right? This is a bummer for PSVR users.

JuanLatino Will we get the new OT in the new year, or in the next few days, because we have reached the 400 pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.