• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
If you want more about how Spider-Man game came to be, listen to Kotaku podcast of Jason Schrier interviewing Ted.

https://kotaku.com/podcast-how-spider-man-ps4-came-together-1796328173

Long story short: Sony came to us and asked if we wanted to work with Marvel. Sony and Marvel let us decide what character/universe we wanted to make a game based on. We chose Spider-Man.
you got to chose and you went with fucking spiderman over squirrel girl smh

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
That single quote opens up so many possibilities and theories lol

Insomniac are y'all big fans of Black Panther
;)

I want a insomniac Black Panther game now.
I want a big budget Black Panther game so much.
$

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Holy Crap, that's thread worthy, does that mean that Sony has dibs on any Marvel property as long as they give Spider-Man movie rights for MCU movies? or if Spider-Man PS4 is successful you guys can make any MCU sequels?!!

Nothing ever linked this deal to MCU rights and this info from James actually distances that even more.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
If you want more about how Spider-Man game came to be, listen to Kotaku podcast of Jason Schrier interviewing Ted.

Long story short: Sony came to us and asked if we wanted to work with Marvel. Sony and Marvel let us decide what character/universe we wanted to make a game based on. We chose Spider-Man.
That is so dope...

However, that seems to completely contradict what Brian said about it.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles

so in theory.....Sony can do this with any of their premiere 1P/2P studios......

Oct 31, 2017

I'm seriously amazed that while Marvel has never worked with you to the best of my knowledge, and Sony doesn't actually own Insomniac, that they gave you this kind of leeway, plus allowed it to not be related to the movies.

I'm far into Blood, Sweat and Pixels, and all I can think is that some developers, talented as they are, wish they received that treatment.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously amazed that while Marvel has never worked with you to the best of my knowledge, and Sony doesn't actually own Insomniac, that they gave you this kind of leeway, plus allowed it to not be related to the movies.

I'm far into Blood, Sweat and Pixels, and all I can think is that some developers, talented as they are, wish they received that treatment.
Yep, shows the respect for the studio. Insomniac one of the best around.

Oct 25, 2017

AgentChris

Oct 26, 2017
The Marvel Sony deal seems from what James said might mean Sony has more Marvel based games in the works.

Wolverine/X-Men, Black Panther, Deadpool, Daredevil, etc

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Meh it's a different and interesting twist glad they were able to stick with it

Don't get me wrong, i'm I think it's fine that they were allowed to stick to their vision. But just from my own tastes that really killed my interest in the game. But it's not really a big deal as i've still got to wrap up Fatal Bullet and start on MHW. Plus there's Kirby, NnK2, and FC5 coming out later this month.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As Batman, Superman and Spider-Man are the only comic book characters I have any knowledge of, and we've recently had good Batman games, and Spider-Man looks like it'll be okay, it's about time someone does Superman right.

Also, The Order > Uncharted 4...
That's less praise for The Order than it is shade on UC4, but still, I'm actually enjoying this replay more than I ever enjoyed UC4.

SnowFlakeCake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been into comic book characters, having rather grown up with the likes of Dragonball, Digimon and Pokemon but I like DC more than Marvel. The only half interesting Marvel character is Spider-Man so it's nice to see Insomniac making that. It fits in well with the kind of games they make, it looks like a fun title.

But again, I hope Sony never have their first party work on licensed shit. I'd much rather have original IP which they have complete control over, they are the reason I buy Playstation consoles and hope that does not change. Not that I think it will to be honest, Sony really don't seem to give two fucks about licensed games when it comes to their first parties.

As StuBurns said, a Superman game done right would be nice. I like the big boy DC characters like Flash, Batman, Wonder Woman etc a lot and Warner would do well to make games on them. Off Topic but what the fuck has happened to RockSteady?

Status
Not open for further replies.