• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Sony is focusing on the big 4 this E3 (Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Last of Us 2, Spider-man), and while those games are absolutely juggernauts with likely awesome reveals incoming...I hope Sony realizes that DREAMS belongs right up there with them as a remarkably valuable IP in their roster. I hope it gets alot of exposure this E3, please release that beta!

Also my anticipation levels for the big 4:
1) Death Stranding above all else. Because Kojima and everything I've seen so far is mesmerizing beyond belief. Also Decima Engine hype after seeing what Horizon did.
2) Ghost of Tsushima, but this can be interchanged with number 3 (i keep going back and forth). The concept and the style are stunning, and the story looks engaging already with just that snippet of dialogue in the reveal trailer. And those gameplay sneak peaks were phenomenal looking.
3) Last of Us Part II. Part 1 is one of my fav games of all time, this being number 3 on my list is bonkers. Speaks to the insane lineup playstation has going on for E3.
4) Spider-man. Insanely hyped for this one ans have had it pre-ordered since last year. It being the last game on my list in no way diminishes how excited I am for it!

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
The deed is done.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/da...far-quantic-dreams-biggest-launch-ever.45637/

2f0.gif

Thread not as bad as I thought.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
This is exactly what we mean when we talk about how Spencer is just a good talker by just saying that they are investing in new studios. We heard some rumors about a new talented studio that Sony want to build, and now we see that this is actually happening.

No need to be that cynical, Phil *is* investing in at least one new studio at the moment; based off job listing too. For all intents and purposes, both are presumably in the same starting point in regard to that aspect.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This game is just unbelievable. Mm created the whole campaign by just using DualShock 4!

Last edited:

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
It still sucks that Sony closed Cambridge studio before even giving them a chance to work on traditional console game. Going from Vita to PSVR was basically a death sentence as there was no chance for those games to be profitable.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Liberation wasn't great, it was fantastic. I'd kill for a remaster.
Damn right. Such an underrated gem.
What you're asking for is unrealistic -- expecting the same kind of quality from different developers just because it's called Bloodborne. There's more to an IP than the name.
I'm not asking for it. There was just this rumor here and I said I'm all for it. We have examples where a a new developer/studio made a sequel for a foreign IP and it was just or almost as good.
It's Sony's IP. Let's see what happens. In the end, they should have bought Form Software years ago, before Kadokawa swallowed it =)

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Because ever since people found out the XB1 thread was ahead, they've been trying to create more and more hype and unrelated chat to catch up.

Console war has changed

It's not about console specs, or exclusives.
It's not even about sales, MAUs, or marketing.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by trolls and their machines.

Console War, and its vast consumption of bandwidth,
has become an irrational, well-oiled forum content creation battle.

Console war has changed.

Avatar-tagged soldiers carry avatar-tagged weapons,
use avatar-tagged gear.

Nanotrolls inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control..information control..
Emotion control.. Forum control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Console war has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from exclusive game lists of mass destruction.

And he who controls the forum, controls history.

Console war has changed.

When the forum is under total control,

console war becomes routine.

;)

Last edited:

Raylan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, look who's back!

Sony's John Kodera: ".. . franchising successful IPs and refreshing existing IPs."
New Uncharted game from the new Sony San Diego team confirmed!

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017

Morrowbie

Oct 28, 2017
Aren't the new team based near Sony's mo cap studio? Useful for new Uncharteds.

Particularly if they wanted to do something like make them episodic (multiple shorter 5hr games) which works in my mind.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017

Particularly if they wanted to do something like make them episodic (multiple shorter 5hr games) which works in my mind.
Something like Uncharted Lost Legacy is just perfect.
The listings suggest that Sony is creating a new development team in partnership with its Visual Arts Service Group. So it's not only 'near' the mo-cap studio =P

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
It still sucks that Sony closed Cambridge studio before even giving them a chance to work on traditional console game. Going from Vita to PSVR was basically a death sentence as there was no chance for those games to be profitable.

It's hard to tell whether or not they were given a chance or not.

There were job-listings back in the day that insinuated a possibility that they were working on a Killzone game, and the game director for Shadowfall's twitter showed him at UK quite often for someone based on Amsterdam. Shortly after Cambridge shuttered, he removed 'game director' from his twitter profile.

It feels to me like Cambridge had their Killzone project cancelled, either as a result of studio shutdown or the project itself wasn't shaping up.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Console war has changed

It's not about console specs, or exclusives.
It's not even about sales, MAUs, or marketing.

It's an endless series of proxy battles,
fought by trolls and their machines.

Console War, and its vast consumption of bandwidth,
has become an irrational, well-oiled forum content creation battle.

Console war has changed.

Avatar-tagged soldiers carry avatar-tagged weapons,
use avatar-tagged gear.

Nanotrolls inside their bodies
enhance and regulate their actions.

Genetic control..information control..
Emotion control.. Forum control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control.

Console war has changed.

The age of deterrence is now the age of control,
averting catastrophe from exclusive game lists of mass destruction.

And he who controls the forum, controls history.

Console war has changed.

When the forum is under total control,

console war becomes routine.

;)
Good job Sir

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna

When I remember right, it was already known before the launch of RIGS that Cambridge will be closed.

Had nothing to do with bad sales, RIGS was a successful PSVR launch title.

Thadeus

Oct 27, 2017
No Shadow of the Colossus? Shame on you. Here's mine:

Bought
The Fall Part 2: Unbound
Final Fantasy Dissidia NT
God of War 2018
Minit
Shadow of the Colossus 2018
Yakuza 6

Upcoming
Dragon Quest XI
Dreams
Kingdom Hearts 3
Red Dead Redemption 2
Spider-Man
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Yakuza Kiwami 2

Plus a few other games I'm waiting to see how they turn out (like Vampyr) and a ton of indies.

Lol, played SotC on the PS2 and PS3 so decided to shift that aside for the time being, will probably buy it again eventually. There was also Bayonetta 1 and that I got which I forgot to put down.

I am eyeing on some other games but also waiting to see they they turn out.

The reason Socom died is because they went away from the classic Socom formula that the fans of the series loved. If was an intimate round based tactical shooter shooter. I hope it comes back and I hope it comes back as classic Socom.

Like to add also that PSN hack which happened around the same time... from memory =p

https://www.resetera.com/threads/fa...-of-cold-steel-i-iv-to-china-and-korea.44648/

So last week Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that they would be working with Falcom to localize the entire Trails of Cold Steel series to PS4 for China and Korea. Any chance SIEA & SIEE would do the same for the West or is the terrible NISA going to step in and localize it for the West?

How did I miss this!! I hope this means something for the west as well =/

Death Stranding has never been considered or expected for PC, has always been Exclusive

It was mentioned for PC when it was originally annnounced. IGN also lists it for both. The speculation doesn't come from nowhere.

Though I'm of the mind that it won't actually release on PC. It hasn't been mentioned since announcement.

And again contracts may change,we have the same shit discussion every day give up men you see ds on pc when they put it on psnow

The PC release I think stemmed from the Q&A published to Medium by a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's community manager which has since been removed. This was at the very beginning when Kojima Productions was set up.

https://www.polygon.com/2015/12/16/10288004/kojima-productions-ps4-timed-exclusive-pc-release

As femto0 said, things have changed since then with Kojima fining an engine, etc. Specifics of the contract were not public and from what other people have mentioned already from several indications, it's likely that a PC release will not happen.

Hype, time to update the OP =D

pharmboy044

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not too excited for the new studio if they are making another Uncharted. Give me a new IP and you have my attention.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
I didn't know that. Good to hear.
They seem to have different directions though. New studio MS is opening in Santa Monica is going to make AAAA titles according to job list and the executive producer needs to have knowledge about live-service.

Sounds like they are going for that Anthem clone with world building stories. You create the character and your own story.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Hmmmm... remember that talk some of us had for a The Order sequel some have been waiting? I know that shinobi602 already said a sequel to The Order 1886 was not happening. My guess would be because of the toxicity the IP still has. What if RAD and Sony were working together again on a spiritual sequel set in the same universe. Do we know what happened with the trademark "The Sentinel" Sony applied for 2 years ago? Because I'm starting to believe it could be it.

Based on the definition of the word:
If used as a noun: A Sentinel is a sentry, a soldier standing guard at a point of passage (like a gate).

If used as an adjective: A Sentinel means being an individual or part of a population potentially susceptible to an infection or infestation that is being monitored for the appearance or recurrence of the causative pathogen or parasite.

The reason why I believe this is because, in a video released by WatchMojo today called "Top 10 Video Games that should never have been full-priced", there's a quote that I found peculiar in that clip of The Order 1886. You have a soldier talking to the MC saying: "Sir Galahad, this is Sentinel 5." I remember that the sentinel in the game was the flying vehicle that cleared the hospital in one of the early chapters.

What if RAD repurposed that word for what Galahad is now? A renegade soldier guarding humanity from the plague of the half-breeds (werewolves and vampires). It would be awesome if Sony and RAD returned to this universe and lore fot another try. :(

I just assumed Sony hdvtge rights to the old Geoff cramming game from the 8-but days & that it would be a PSVR title, as the game would be perfect in VR.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
They seem to have different directions though. New studio MS is opening in Santa Monica is going to make AAAA titles according to job list and the executive producer needs to have knowledge about live-service.

Sounds like they are going for that Anthem clone with world building stories. You create the character and your own story.

Haha gotta love "AAAA" titles

Oct 25, 2017
If it's Uncharted, hope it's a new set of characters with their own twist on the series. I'd rather a new studio not get stuck trying to follow NDs footsteps exactly, as inevitably, comparisons will be drawn in that instance and those generally never let the game stand out on it's own unless it smashes expectations.

It'd be nice if the new studio was allowed to "reinvent" the IP to a degree as well.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, as someone who absolutely loved the Uncharted series, I really hope it isn't Uncharted. With all these new IPs, I really don't see how people would be interested in an Uncharted game, without it changing big time. And if they decide to not change the game big time, I don't see what they could do to make it not feel like just another Uncharted game. Honestly feels like The Lost Legacy was completely forgotten. They don't even have to work on a new IP, just something that isn't Uncharted.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Prequels that is effectively an extension of the same universe without exploring anything substantially are rarely great.

What I proposed though, is effectively a new single-player pirate/treasure hunter action-adventure game that takes place in Uncharted universe, but so far back in time that it's almost essentially a new IP, since other than the way the game controls and the idea of a treasure-hunting adventure, you literally have to reinvent combat, exploration and moment-to-moment gameplay due to the fact that weaponry in those days are stuff like hand-cannons/flintlocks, and is mainly melee with swords and stuff. A pirate game isn't complete without a pirate ship, to exploration and gameplay have to be different, etc etc.

Tldr; I'm basically asking for a new pirate-IP that is borrowing the Uncharted brand name. =P
Maybe tell Francis Drake story?Hmm...

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.