• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
LOL no. Ghosts is a 2019 game. Cool your jets. In fact there's a whole list of titles if you scroll up. It isn't just GoW.

....Bruh we didn't see gameplay of Spider-Man (not really) in 2016 either but that game is still coming out next year.

I'm aware of the list, but most aren't 1st party. also your still speculating things will release when they don't have a date, and even at times when there is a date, delays happen.

4-6 years...... Christ some of you have no clue. Outside last guardian which had development issues and changed platforms what other Sony game took 4 to 6 years after announce?

Horizon was announced e3 2015 and came out early 2017. Bloodborne announced 2014 and came out 2015. God of war announced e3 2016 and coming out early 2018. Same with Spider-Man. Shadow of colossus remake announced and releasing within a year. Uncharted 4 announced late 2013 and came out early 2016. Infamous second son, killzone shadow fall announced early 2013 and came out within a year.

With regards to ghost of Tsushima here you go.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-boss-on-why-they-waited-so-long-to-ann/1100-6455194/

That game is surely not more than 2 years out. People still clinging on to Sony announcing games early due to last guardian and Square Enix showing off their games too early at Sony stage

1st party? not a lot. TLG, driveclub,
other one's though a ton. FF7 remake, the kojima one, deep down, detriot, dreams, NMS and i'm sure others. and no it's one a few games. it's a history of it and sony isn't the only one every gaming company does it. If you aren't aware of how many early shows and delays happen, I'm not sure what you spend time discussing on a gaming forum lol yet you respond with "have no clue" calm down man. IDK why people get so crazy over stuff

Oct 25, 2017
in the oven doens't mean ready to go. I'll believe it when i see it. too many games delayed or announced early that take forever to show up this gen. Their last game was early 2014 so i don't believe the 3.5 years unless they jumped on this right away which isn't likely. I'd be surprised if it made it out by 2019. we haven't even seen any real gameplay on it which is a good sign it's not close.
Nope, but seeing is believing as you said. We'll see how it goes.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
One can hope that one of those unannounced games is a PS4 Modnation Racers.

It would be so awesome. I love that game and the sense of humor in it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of the list, but most aren't 1st party. also your still speculating things will release when they don't have a date, and even at times when there is a date, delays happen.

- Shadow of the Colossus - First Party
- God of War - First Party
- Detroit: Become Human - First Party
- Spider-Man - Published and funded by Sony
- Days Gone - First Party
- Concrete Genie - First Party

You wanna keep moving them goal posts?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4-6 years...... Christ some of you have no clue. Outside last guardian which had development issues and changed platforms what other Sony game took 4 to 6 years after announce?

Horizon was announced e3 2015 and came out early 2017. Bloodborne announced 2014 and came out 2015. God of war announced e3 2016 and coming out early 2018. Same with Spider-Man. Shadow of colossus remake announced and releasing within a year. Uncharted 4 announced late 2013 and came out early 2016. Infamous second son, killzone shadow fall announced early 2013 and came out within a year.

With regards to ghost of Tsushima here you go.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-boss-on-why-they-waited-so-long-to-ann/1100-6455194/

That game is surely not more than 2 years out. People still clinging on to Sony announcing games early due to last guardian and Square Enix showing off their games too early at Sony stage
Days Gone is further in development than Ghost of Tsushima. Days Gone is a Winter 2018 game imo. So no way does GoT make it in 2018.

dobahking91

Oct 26, 2017
No way Days Gone is 2019.
Early 2019 (GoT)
Spring 2019 (TLOU 2)

I'm expecting Days Gone to take ULL spot or early September.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the link. That said, it really doesn't confirm anything. For all we know, Bend might have been at the same point in time in development when this interview was done.
Wut? He said they are on the earlier end of that process (after speaking about Sony Bend's game and its progress). GoT will clearly launch after Days Gone. And I bet it's a Q1 or Q2 2019 game.

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nope, but seeing is believing as you said. We'll see how it goes.
yup. i hope it does but i'm not into counting chickens before they hatch

- Shadow of the Colossus - First Party
- God of War - First Party
- Detroit: Become Human - First Party
- Spider-Man - Published and funded by Sony
- Days Gone - First Party
- Concrete Genie - First Party

You wanna keep moving them goal posts?
there is no goalposts so you can stop the system wars stuff or take it to a less mature forums. I'm just trying to discuss the Sony 1st party games coming in the next 2 years. You are trying to make it a list war. I love my PS4, I also love my XB and kinda love my PC (i prefer consoles nowadays) I can care less about childish attachments to a plastic and metal box. and to correct your assessment Detroit is 3rd party, Spiderman is 3rd party, days gone has no release date and doens't look like it'll make 2019 but it's possible, god of war i said already, concrete genie looks more like a mid-tier game from a small studio so not really what i was asking. So again take the system wars BS to another forum while us adults talk

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

there is no goalposts so you can stop the system wars stuff or take it to a less mature forums. I'm just trying to discuss the Sony 1st party games coming in the next 2 years. You are trying to make it a list war. I love my PS4, I also love my XB and kinda love my PC (i prefer consoles nowadays) I can care less about childish attachments to a plastic and metal box. and to correct your assessment Detroit is 3rd party, Spiderman is 3rd party, days gone has no release date and doens't look like it'll make 2019 but it's possible, god of war i said already, concrete genie looks more like a mid-tier game from a small studio so not really what i was asking. So again take the system wars BS to another forum while us adults talk

.....But see. Nobody brought up Xbox or PC until you did. And for someone who doesn't care about "childish attachments to a plastic and metal box" you're sure really into classifying what's first vs. third party. Detroit and Spidey are both published by Sony, do they have to be internally developed and published? What's the freaking difference?

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
.....But see. Nobody brought up Xbox or PC until you did. And for someone who doesn't care about "childish attachments to a plastic and metal box" you're sure really into classifying what's first vs. third party. Detroit and Spidey are both published by Sony, do they have to be internally developed and published? What's the freaking difference?
the 2nd you called it goalpost moving and then gave a non relevant list without any cause or reason, is the 2nd i know exactly how you are. This thread is specifically named sony 1st party studios and their current projects. that's what i came here to see what was on the horizon on what to buy for my PS4 coming up, not to engage in childish BS. your comments are probably better suited here https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ or you can grow up and actually have a discussion

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Ambitious new IP a la Ghost of Tsushima/Horizon?

Sony should let all of their studios to do something fresh and big like they are doing with Sucker Punch and did with Guerrila Games!

Actually most of them got the chance this Gen (Guerilla Games, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Bend, Media Molecule, London Studio and probably Naughty Dog if it wasn't for the director change) and even the long-term Partner Studios like Insomniac, RAD, Quantic Dreams

Which is why i hope that Japan Studio is also working on something big in the shadows

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Sony owns the IP, I consider it first party. It means you won't find the game on any other platform, regardless of the developer. Bloodborne is a first party IP the same way Horizon is, to me.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
and to correct your assessment Detroit is 3rd party, Spiderman is 3rd party,

this is a common confusion. Detroit is a SIE first party game, so is Spider-Man, the only thing that sets them apart from game like Uncharted is that they are developed by external studios, not subsidiaries of SIE WWS, but still, they are first party titles

Detroit and Spider-man would be second party right?

thats a made up term that doesnt even make much logical sense

there is no ''second party'' on this situation

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Actually most of them got the chance this Gen (Guerilla Games, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Bend, Media Molecule, London Studio and probably Naughty Dog if it wasn't for the director change) and even the long-term Partner Studios like Insomniac, RAD, Quantic Dreams

Which is why i hope that Japan Studio is also working on something big in the shadows

Yeah, exactly.

That is why I would like to see that philosophy with San Diego too. The MLB games are always great and all, but they should let them flex their muscles a little bit more with something different.

Maybe even Polyphony too. With GT Sports they have the chance to establish a on-going online game platform. No need for another one for a long time. Let them make something new until next gen starts and the thirst for GT7 is on maximum level.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ambitious new IP a la Ghost of Tsushima/Horizon?

Sony should let all of their studios to do something fresh and big like they are doing with Sucker Punch and did with Guerrila Games!
No way. San Diego Studio ain't that big. They have the main team for MLB The Show. So if they have another project, it must be a smaller team, around max. 30 people (is my guess).
and to correct your assessment Detroit is 3rd party, Spiderman is 3rd party, days gone has no release date and doens't look like it'll make 2019 but it's possible, god of war i said already, concrete genie looks more like a mid-tier game from a small studio so not really what i was asking.
Detroit is a 1st part game. Just like Uncharted or God of War. Sony owns the IP. Spider-Man is fully funded and published by Sony and so, it's a 1st party game too.
Concrete Genie looks amazing and more interesting than some AAA games like Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is a common confusion. Detroit is a SIE first party game, so is Spider-Man, the only thing that sets them apart from game like Uncharted is that they are developed by external studios, not subsidiaries of SIE WWS, but still, they are first party titles

In my opinion, first party is more about IP ownership and funding. They own the Bloodborne IP AND funded it? It is clearly first party. "But From Software is third party!". Yeah, but the game wouldnt even exist without Sony so... it is by all rights a first party title. It is just developed by an outside partner instead of an internal studio.

Spiderman is an exception though. It is not their IP, but they are funding the entirety of it AND approached Insomniac to develop it.

jp24fan

Nov 21, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I know this is very old info, but could the following statement from Mads Mikkelsen be true (considering Kojima had to set up a whole new studio at an office space allegedly capable of housing approximately only 100 devs)?

Mads: I went to his office in Tokyo a month ago and it is absolutely fantastic what he's doing there. He has 300 very very clever people working constantly...

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Detroit and Spider-man would be second party right?
2nd party doens't exist. it was a term made up by fanboys (usually on the xbox side) to describe games that were purchased exclsuives or games developed out of house with an owned IP. it's either 1st party or 3rd party. 1st party being made by an in house studio and 3rd party being made by a studio that isn't owned

no they aren't. Detriot is made by quantum dream (and independant 3rd party studio) and spiderman is made by insomniac (and independant 3rd party studio) I explained this above.

anyway with that said, I just wanted to check in and see what sony's in house studios were putting out in the next year or 2 so i can get excited about them, I dind't come to this thread for the other BS. Spiderman will likely be awesome it's day 1 for me. Insomniac is great (sunset overdrive is the most underrated game this gen) and I'm a spiderman fan. Detroit i could care less about. i hate quantum dream and those types of games. But i'm more interested in what sony is actually making and not their 3rd party agreements with sometimes less then stellar devs

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no they aren't. Detriot is made by quantum dream (and independant 3rd party studio) and spiderman is made by insomniac (and independant 3rd party studio) I explained this above.
Yes they are. Games like Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda, Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are all 1st party games. Sony doesn't own the studios but they own the game/IP. They're 1st party games.

Like I already said:
Detroit is a 1st part game. Just like Uncharted or God of War. Sony owns the IP. Spider-Man is fully funded and published by Sony and so, it's a 1st party game too. Fully exclusive.
Concrete Genie looks amazing and more interesting than some AAA games like Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017

1st party? not a lot. TLG, driveclub,
other one's though a ton. FF7 remake, the kojima one, deep down, detriot, dreams, NMS and i'm sure others. and no it's one a few games. it's a history of it and sony isn't the only one every gaming company does it. If you aren't aware of how many early shows and delays happen, I'm not sure what you spend time discussing on a gaming forum lol yet you respond with "have no clue" calm down man. IDK why people get so crazy over stuff
I was calling out your ridiculous assessment of ghost of Tsushima likely being 4-6 years out. It has already been three years since their last game and you think it might take a minimum of another 4 years for the game to come out especially when they been consistent with their game output with infamous, infamous 2, infamous second son coming within 2 years and they managed to release standalone dlcs for them in between as well. A new ip could take an extra 2 or 3 years if we are being generous but 7 or 8? That is just crazy hyperbole talk. Ghost is most likely going to come out in 2019 which is 2 years from announce and 5 years from previous game.

OP
OP
JuanLatino

JuanLatino

Cerny’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017

anyway with that said, I just wanted to check in and see what sony's in house studios were putting out in the next year or 2 so i can get excited about them, I dind't come to this thread for the other BS. Spiderman will likely be awesome it's day 1 for me. Insomniac is great (sunset overdrive is the most underrated game this gen) and I'm a spiderman fan. Detroit i could care less about. i hate quantum dream and those types of games. But i'm more interested in what sony is actually making and not their 3rd party agreements with sometimes less then stellar devs

There is a difference between First Party Studios and First Party Games

Quantic Dream is not a First Party Studio but Detroid BH is a First Party Game - in the same way as Insomniac and their Ratchet & Clank Games

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017

I dont think you put any effort to understand what I said. Independent 3rd party studio = external developers.

the STUDIOS are third party, the GAMES are SIE first party games, thats what you are not understanding

but you dont have to believe me, maybe Insomniac will convince you, since they have been an external studio (or independent 3rd party devs) making first party game for Sony for almost 20 years

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/920029306952155136
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/920021586001850369

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

You are the one bringin the war over here so chill

IplayGames4Fun

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yes they are. Games like Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank, Detroit, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Until Dawn, Hidden Agenda, Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture are all 1st party games. Sony doesn't own the studios but they own the game/IP. They're 1st party games.

Like I already said:

I was calling out your ridiculous assessment of ghost of Tsushima likely being 4-6 years out. It has already been three years since their last game and you think it might take a minimum of another 4 years for the game to come out especially when they been consistent with their game output with infamous, infamous 2, infamous second son coming within 2 years and they managed to release standalone dlcs for them in between as well. A new ip could take an extra 2 or 3 years if we are being generous but 7 or 8? That is just crazy hyperbole talk. Ghost is most likely going to come out in 2019 which is 2 years from announce and 5 years from previous game.

There is a difference between First Party Studios and First Party Games

Quantic Dream is not a First Party Studio but Detroid BH is a First Party Game - in the same way as Insomniac and their Ratchet & Clank Games

Are we really arguing about what's first party still? Is it 2015 with bloodborne again(that's first party btw too)

You are the one bringin the war over here so chill

no i'm not and no they aren't. but lets just drop it and can we discuss what games sony's internal studios have been working on that are coming in the next 1-2 years (aka before 2020) I'm not concerned about semantics, i just want to see what their talent is up to

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
no i'm not and no they aren't. but lets just drop it and can we discuss what games sony's internal studios have been working on that are coming in the next 1-2 years (aka before 2020) I'm not concerned about semantics, i just want to see what their talent is up to

Yes you are, and yes, they are First Party games. And if you want the rest of the community to engage in a fruitful conversation with you should be more humble

Status
Not open for further replies.