• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should we move to a new OT after E3?

• Yes

Votes: 412 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 95 11.0%
  • Wait for the Playstation 5

Votes: 354 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
I thought the concept art looked incredible

I hope ND, or another studio explore this concept again in the future.

It was the character changes people didn't like. I doubt they're final though ... if it ever gets made.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Spent quite a bit of time in the long weekend playing Infamous: SS. Even after playing GoW, I am highly impressed by the visuals SP has pulled off in this 2014 game. The rain, rain drops falling in the puddle of water and the reflections. The "2nd" power you get...can't wait to see what they have done with GoT. Would be an amazing looking game for sure.

Yeah, Infamous SS and FL are incredible looking games, especially considering how early they came out in the generation. Ghost of Tsushima is going to goddamn sing!

Hopefully it's another Chloe and Nadine romp. Lost Legacy was a blast and their chemistry as leads was off the charts.

I agree with this. I really enjoyed their chemistry, and I think Lost Legacy is probably the second best game in the series. I loved how it experimented with more open level design.

Hey, leads over at that unnamed Sony studio presumably working on another Uncharted, here's a pitch.

Prequel series starring Francis Drake.

I would love a proper pirate/sailing adventure game in the Uncharted mould. Maybe like that bit in UC4 where the Drakes are island-hopping looking for clues, but on a much larger scale in a small boat or something. It could be like Assassin's Creed Black Flag, but with actual good on-foot gameplay! Maybe just straight-up call it Uncharted Waters.

I'm not too excited for the new studio if they are making another Uncharted. Give me a new IP and you have my attention.

While I'm always more excited by new IPs than sequels, if true this means that Naughty Dog definitely aren't doing Uncharted any more which probably means they'll be making something new after The Last of Us 2 ships. Savage Starlight here we go!

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
With the way God of War's change in direction went and Kodera's comment about not only investing in new IP's but also refreshing existing IP's, I can totally see this new studio making an Uncharted game that's very different to all the previous games. And Nightengale's idea is great and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction they would go.

Oct 25, 2017
With the way God of War's change in direction went and Kodera's comment about not only investing in new IP's but also refreshing existing IP's, I can totally see this new studio making an Uncharted game that's very different to all the previous games. And Nightengale's idea is great and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction they would go.

An Uncharted JRPG. Kill two birds with one stone.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Idk, I think it's too early for Uncharted to get a refresh. Also, there didn't seem to be as much fatigue with UC4/TLL as there was with Ascension. Cory had to literally convince Sony to let God of War be brought back, while Uncharted is still in a safe spot for Sony. A spin-off/prequel would be nice at some point but there's a long list of Sony exclusive IPs to get brought to the modern gen and Uncharted is one of the last in line IMO.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It was the character changes people didn't like. I doubt they're final though ... if it ever gets made.

maxresdefault.jpg
Honestly, beyond some of those Daxter designs, that looks pretty good. Mind you, I wouldn't want Jak revived in any way different than the original (or very similar) artstyle, but if a new IP had these designs and environmental work, I would actually really like it.

Now, I really don't want ND working on anything other than a new IP and TLOU, I guess. Uncharted can come back in the future, TLL showed that it doesn't necessarily have to be all about Drake, but I wouldn't really be too excited about that as of now, I'm done with the series as much as I love it.

I wonder what's next for ND after TLOU: Part II. A new IP? If so, helmed by who? Despite Bruce's departure still hurting, they have a shitton of really talented people, so I can see relatively unknowns popping up for the next big thing.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't trust Spencer at all, but I'm curious to see what happens after this tweet:

We'll see.

I remember that tweet and I think he took the replies the wrong way. The thing is, while Sony's 1st party output wasn't stellar during the PS1 era, it's built very nicely over the generations. Even during the PS2 years, their output, from Gran Turismo 3/Twisted Metal Black/ICO in 2001, to God of War/Shadow of the Colossus in 2005, was pretty damn good. Santa Monica was growing, Incognito became part of the family, Guerrilla started their relationship with Sony, Naughty Dog was bought, Sucker Punch began their relationship with Sony, etc. Granted, they weren't putting out GOTY contenders with the PS3 consistency (Uncharted 2, The Last of Us) or PS4 (Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon, God of War), but that's when the work really started.

I remember clearly because that's when I actually became a fan of Sony's first party. I loved my PS1 and 64, but 64, I loved Nintendo's games (and the wrestling games), while on the PS1, it was mostly third parties I loved with a few exceptions.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
I don't know why people are so worried about "another" Uncharted. If the new studio is indeed working on another Uncharted it will be at least 2022 by the time it releases, 6 years on from the last game. This is plenty of time to allow for nostalgia/thirst for a new game in the franchise and reduces the chance of burnout.

Because ever since people found out the XB1 thread was ahead, they've been trying to create more and more hype and unrelated chat to catch up.

Eh, the MS thread has plenty of general MS discussion unrelated to first party. I think it's because the rest of the site is a more hostile environment to Xbox so they find it easier just to discuss everything in there.

This game is just unbelievable. Mm created the whole campaign by just using DualShock 4!

Dreams' next showing at a conference really needs an "action-packed" scene rather than just another slow platforming/building section. It needs to showcase its ability for the "gamey" gameplay more.

Deleted member 1326

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll gladly take a new Uncharted.
After Uncharted 3 I thought I didn't want more of it, but U4 changed my mind and now I think more Uncharted is always great.
Francis Drake or Sully trilogy would be cool.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Dreams' next showing at a conference really needs an "action-packed" scene rather than just another slow platforming/building section. It needs to showcase its ability for the "gamey" gameplay more.

True. They need to show more stuff like this to garner that wider appeal:

j0KtoW3.gif

oDhTKAz.gif

I'm really, really hoping we get a "Beta Available Now" announcement at E3.

Deleted member 1326

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish some day someone that knows shit prints a list like that and takes a blurry picture with exactly the conference content.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Because ever since people found out the XB1 thread was ahead, they've been trying to create more and more hype and unrelated chat to catch up.
Lol that's crazy...reminds me of that starve versus well-fed comment. It's ok to be chill guys, doesn't mean something better is happening someplace else.

And for the record I'm pretty sure this thread was created first on GAF before the Nintendo's and MS even existed and is basically the blueprint. Give kudos to the OP, I believe he started the entire trends of a WWS thread.

Either way, I can't say I'm excited by E3 in general anymore. We're at the point where's there's too much good stuff to play. Hype days are over for me until PS5 or maybe TLOU2 because I'm attached to the characters. Now I'm just enjoying my library, PS4 is my new favorite Playstation.

Deleted member 1326

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be ok with Jak reboot, but only if it's more like the first one. If it's more of a shooter than Ratchet is better at it.

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
Lol that's crazy...reminds me of that starve versus well-fed comment. It's ok to be chill guys, doesn't mean something better is happening someplace else.

And for the record I'm pretty sure this thread was created first on GAF before the Nintendo's and MS even existed and is basically the blueprint. Give kudos to the OP, I believe he started the entire trends of a WWS thread.

Either way, I can't say I'm excited by E3 in general anymore. We're at the point where's there's too much good stuff to play. Hype days are over for me until PS5 or maybe TLOU2 because I'm attached to the characters. Now I'm just enjoying my library, PS4 is my new favorite Playstation.

Have E-mpire lost their sense of humour?

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't get people's obsession with Jak. It had its trilogy and ended well. If they went with action adventure with that visual and gameplay style, they can make a new IP. A new IP of that vein has better appeal to me than a continuation.

For me, there are other series that have so much more potential to flat out get completely rebooted, and I loved the Jak franchise (got the x racing game as well)
Action, RPG
Alundra, Legend of Dragoon, Arc the Lad, Grandia
Platformer, Party
Ape Escape
Fighting
All Stars
Create RPG
Monster Rancher

Also if Uncharted is rebooted, I hope the difference is as big as U3 -> U4. Had tons of improvements on every level (maybe less dull climbing though), but it might need it from a story POV. Personally would prefer they go away from the gang into a new squad. I also hope they bring mysticals back, was disappointed they went away from it. Also a good MP game to play. I imagine 2021, 2022 is the date. I think series fatigue will be done by then for me.

That was hilarious LMAO

Deleted member 1326

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know more people love the first one.
The first one wasn't only more charismatic but it also filled a good spot with the tropical island settings.
Sly: modern-stealth-platformer
Ratchet: sci-fi-shooter-platformer
Jak: tropical island-pure platformer

Those 3 really went well together imo. I guess Ape Escape could fill Jak's place too, but it's kinda different. It's less focused in challenges and more in exploration. That's what I think at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.