• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
depends on what you mean by "soon", they had 41 in May, but their next game is in January
www.videogameschronicle.com

PlayStation’s Steam page is live and seemingly hints at more PC content | VGC

Sony’s PC storefront lists 41 pieces of content, but only around half is visible…
Hmm that's definitely interesting, there's 30 public (counting DLC at least, which this seemingly is) and 18 hidden. Even if we take the games from the Nvidia leak (10 games listed with no public Steam page) that's still 8 missing games yet to be announced/leaked.

If I had to guess, there's the two Spider-Man games, the TLOU remake, TLOU 2, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and God of War Ragnarok, but then there's still 2 potentially missing games. Maybe MLB the Show, but the Xbox version was published by MLB last year and no PC version yet, so I'm not sure...

Hopefully it's Gravity Rush 1/2 though, that's literally all I want tbh

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
Hmm that's definitely interesting, there's 30 public (counting DLC at least, which this seemingly is) and 18 hidden. Even if we take the games from the Nvidia leak (10 games listed with no public Steam page) that's still 8 missing games yet to be announced/leaked.

If I had to guess, there's the two Spider-Man games, the TLOU remake, TLOU 2, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and God of War Ragnarok, but then there's still 2 potentially missing games. Maybe MLB the Show, but the Xbox version was published by MLB last year and no PC version yet, so I'm not sure...

Hopefully it's Gravity Rush 1/2 though, that's literally all I want tbh
at the time of the artcle there were already 24 items, but with only 4 games ready for purchase or preorder, Predator alone took more than 10 or 15 slots if I remember right

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
What an incredibly silly change.

Should've changed it to "Bloodborne never @ PC lmao LLC".

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Some people don't seem to realize this isn't just a "name change in Steam."

Steam publisher links directly to a company Tax Identification in whatever country the company is founded. The rules are the name has to match the official record in the country's directory of licensed businesses. So you can't call yourself "Bobs Games" and then register a tax ID for "Bobs Vape Shop."

The earnings are then reported by Valve to the specific company/Tax ID registered.

So this is Sony creating a separate LLC, with it's own Tax ID, so that they can have financials specific to PC releases under one company.

TLDR: It's not a name change in Steam, it's a new company formed to cover PC development and have financials separate from other Sony companies.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
So with these internal release dates for games under the Publisher Playstation Mobile from the leaked Geforce Now list in hand it'd be interesting to compare with the order in which Sony releases the Future PC ports.

2021-10-28-09-33-54.png

Here's the list sorted by release date:

- 2021-07-01 God of War
- 2022-02-07 Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
- 2022-02-08 Ghost of Tsushima
- 2022-04-30 Returnal
- 2022-05-01 Sackboy: A Big Adventure
- 2022-05-03 HELLDIVERS 2
- 2022-09-30 Horizon Forbidden West
- 2022-10-03 Ratchet & Clank
Thanks to Wok from Discord for the Pic and the sorted list.

GoW 2018 seems to get a delay of 6 months internally from these dates but Uncharted Collection seems to be more or less on point with its date. Seems quite bizarre for all of these games to have a 2022 release lol also Demon's Souls and Grand Turismo 7 dates are missing cause they were apparently not present in the leaked list.

So, yeah, this might prove useful to see in which order Sony releases future PC ports.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
So with these internal release dates for games under the Publisher Playstation Mobile from the leaked Geforce Now list in hand it'd be interesting to compare with the order in which Sony releases the Future PC ports.

2021-10-28-09-33-54.png

GoW 2018 seems to get a delay of 6 months internally from these dates but Uncharted Collection seems to be more or less on point with its date. Seems quite bizarre for all of these games to have a 2022 release lol also Demon's Souls and Grand Turismo 7 dates are missing cause they were apparently not present in the leaked list.

So, yeah, this might prove useful to see in which order Sony releases future PC ports.
Uhhhh what? Where did these dates come from specifically? I have never seen them in the leaks before

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Uhhhh what? Where did these dates come from specifically? I have never seen them in the leaks before
I think they were in the initial first list that was leaked but I can't seem to find them after the first one was DMCA'd by Ubi.

This for example, has the 'earliest street date' for the GTA Trilogy in the code.

And this being a few of the dates hidden in the leaked list code for some of the Sony games..

www.resetera.com

XPaw: GeForce Now has interesting titles listed (God of War Steam, Helldivers 2, Dolphin Emu etc.) Rumor

God of War was released for PC two months ago, somehow we missed that. So probably not too accurate.

Last edited:

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
PC player here, haven't touched my PS4 in ages.

I am having a blast with Days Gone on PC, a great game so far.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I like this idea. Also you can just use the mobile PS app like discord on your phone anyways as a second screen so you don't have to alt tab or deal with pop up menus to message, check trophies, etc.

Also have native ds5 support when launching the PS PC client would be cool. Like a big picture mode for the PS PC client. Let's go Sony!

Exaaaactly.

Of course, having dualsense tied to PS integration for the games themselves would be annoying, but this could actually benefit that. Developers, Sony especially, might better put dualsense support in if they know more people will specifically using dualsense controllers. Could, Idk. Maybe that's just hopeful. Feels a bit like it lol.

That's a fancier way of saying what I was trying to say, yes. I agree ;)

Well yeah I was just saying they oughta do the whole shebang, but I had a feeling you'd be all for extending it to all that.

Yeah that all sounds good to me. Something similar to Gamebar and the XB app, but yeah for sure optional.

Exactly. I personally don't use gamebar a lot but I know quite a few people for whom it has naturally turned into a value-added feature for them.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
I think a time traveler going back a decade would have a hard time of convincing people of the current state of PC gaming.

Everything including Japanese publishers earnestly jumping on the PC train (including Atlus), MS's extensive pushes, more and more countries giving rise to promising indie titles (esp. in China recently), and now Sony seeing the money being left on the table... The next real paradigm shift will be when Nintendo releases some NES titles on Steam in 250 years.

It seems a bit crazy to me that the Demon's Souls remaster would end up on PC before Bloodborne, though.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Exaaaactly.

Of course, having dualsense tied to PS integration for the games themselves would be annoying, but this could actually benefit that. Developers, Sony especially, might better put dualsense support in if they know more people will specifically using dualsense controllers. Could, Idk. Maybe that's just hopeful. Feels a bit like it lol.

Well yeah I was just saying they oughta do the whole shebang, but I had a feeling you'd be all for extending it to all that.

Exactly. I personally don't use gamebar a lot but I know quite a few people for whom it has naturally turned into a value-added feature for them.
There is already full dualsense support on Steam and sveral games already have explicit support for it. Not sure anything more needs to be added.

prudis

Oct 25, 2017
CZ

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Finally God of War is coming to PC.

Now if they could do TLOU2....

They will probably wait for TLOU Remake ( who knows it could even be day and date like Uncharted remaster ) before dropping TLOU2.
GoW is a reboot so making the 2018 game available without previous games is non issue but in a game like TLOU2 if they release it without giving access to the first one first they it would be a at least odd.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018

2021-10-28-09-33-54.png

Forbidden West getting released 6 months after the PS5 version is interesting. People were pretty certain that Sony was only going to bother with "old" games. Makes me wonder if they'll eventually cave and just do normal day 1 releases.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Forbidden West getting released 6 months after the PS5 version is interesting. People were pretty certain that Sony was only going to bother with "old" games. Makes me wonder if they'll eventually cave and just do normal day 1 releases.
Dictator from DF hinted FW would be sooner. I doubt it's gonna be that soon but we'll see.

Nov 8, 2017
It seems a bit crazy to me that the Demon's Souls remaster would end up on PC before Bloodborne, though.

It makes sense insofar as it's a product that was recently in development (possibly is still active development for dlc) and may have had a pc port in mind during development. Nobody at From has loaded up a Bloodborne build since early 2016 for the final patch, I imagine.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

2021-10-28-09-33-54.png

Just unbelieveable.Is there even one game left other than Bloodborne?It's like a cruel joke from Sony

Oct 7, 2021
I historically love consoles but this next gen, definitely going PC. Just no reason not to at this point

dont like dealing with techy stuff but when it has all of microsofts stuff out of the gate, has steam and the inferior service of epic games store throwing free stuff at you constantly, emulators, and even Sony releases coming only a few years down the line, just feels like there is no reason not to. My only concern is how an increasing PC base might effect piracy especially for Nintendo consoles who run a bit behind the times on tech, but that is a small concern given all the benefits and doesn't really effect me. Guess Sony doesn't really see the point of consoles anymore when they are at best breaking even on the hardware? Feels like a shift for sure

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

I still find it implausible that PS5 exclusives will release in less than a year (even just half a year) on PC too. Sony is still heavily investing in Playstation exclusive third party games left and right, why would they do that, but bring their own games sooner to other platforms?
Shawn Layden also recently explained that the plan was to port Playstation games to PC once they reached sales saturation on Playstation, so when there are not many sales going to happen anymore. It's unlikely Horizon Forbidden West will have reached sales saturation on PS5, a platform that is still steadily growing, in less than a year.
Lastly, if the new plan was indeed to release PS5 games in a year or less, where are the PC announcements of Miles Morales and Demon's Souls?

Last edited:

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
While I certainly believe Forbidden West will likely launch around 6 months after the console version, I feel like it's worth pointing out that the listed release dates for God of War 4 and likely Uncharted are both off to varying degrees, so these could be placeholder dates or could have been changed.

I think the September 30th date is saying it'll be released one year after the console launch. The game was delayed a lot, but I still feel like they could have been internally aiming for September 30 2021 for the console release at some point in time

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
The main reason I'm doubting a shorter PC release schedule from Sony is that they are charging $70 for their PS5 games. I don't think charging $70 for their PC ports will go over well with the PC base and I don't think releasing a $60 PC port shortly after the PS5 versions will go over well with the console base. But we'll see what Sony does and what kind of release strategy they go with.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I believe Sony will start releasing their games day one on PC sooner than most people expect. It's going to happen, there's no turning back at this point.

How will this affect PlayStation as a platform? I don't know, but it will definitely happen, imo. I see Sony chasing games on PC as a strategy to launch PS Now on PC with downloadable games/exclusives.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just unbelieveable.Is there even one game left other than Bloodborne?It's like a cruel joke from Sony
spiderman, Gravity Rushes, Last Guardian, Shadow of Colossus, Until Dawn, Medievil and that Pixel Opus game.

Also, The Order 1886, Dreams, and Knack

Edit: I guess there was also the Infamous game and that one KillZone on the PS4.

Last edited:

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I still find it implausible that PS5 exclusives will release in less than a year (even just half a year) on PC too. Sony is still heavily investing in Playstation exclusive third party games left and right, why would they do that, but bring their own games sooner to other platforms?
Few people even want to own both a gaming PC and a Playstation console (see the recent Mat Piscatella/NPD thread about this). Even fewer people are physically able to even acquire both a gaming PC and a PS5 right now, with supply chain constraints being what they are. If you release a game right now on console only, you're leaving (a lot of) money on the table.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
And lots of other underperforming and obscure games from PS3 like Tokyo Jungle and Trash Panic.
I'm not including the earlier gen stuff, since we can be here all night for that.
Considering Sony isn't big on putting any effort into back compat on console, I would not expect them to want to preserve stuff like Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle or Folklore on PC.

Jul 1, 2020
I'm not including the earlier gen stuff, since we can be here all night for that.
Considering Sony isn't big on putting any effort into back compat on console, I would not expect them to want to preserve stuff like Puppeteer, Tokyo Jungle or Folklore on PC.
Yeah anything that Sony made before 2014 is effectively dead to them and it's a shame.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Few people even want to own both a gaming PC and a Playstation console (see the recent Mat Piscatella/NPD thread about this). Even fewer people are physically able to even acquire both a gaming PC and a PS5 right now, with supply chain constraints being what they are. If you release a game right now on console only, you're leaving (a lot of) money on the table.

Aren't PS5 sales, even during supply chain constraints, not far behind that of the PS4? Didn't Sony just have one of its most profitable years ever?