• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I got this email, but no way this actually affected more than 8 people. You're a scummy asshole if you take advantage of this and didn't care before you found out you could get a couple bucks.
If you read the notice, you'd know that it legally does not matter if it affected you or not.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're now a scummy asshole if you take Sony's money from their false advertising settlement.
You learn something new every day...

Sony gets a pass for everything from way to many people.

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I deleted that email every time. Other OS was something I never used and i'm not going to take $65. Seems pretty scummy.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks. I'll take the money even if I never used Other OS. Even if it didn't effect me personally I'm glad Sony is getting a small punishment for removing features.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
This thread also reminded me that I need to get my PS3 fixed. Got the yellow light years ago but I've been hankering to play some PS1/2/3 games lately.

OT but anyone have an idea of a typical repair price so I'll know if I'm getting a good deal from local shops?

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How did the plaintiffs justify getting thousands of dollars each in compensation, when the thing only cost $599?

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I signed up.
I actually used YellowDog Linux, just a shame it didn't have HW acceleration support.
But I remember browsing gametrailers.com on Firefox 3.6 on it.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
But the costs are an additional payment.
I don't believe the settlement organizers will be splitting their share of the money with the plaintiffs. Anyway, it's not much, if someone told me that if I go to an untold number of meetings and hearings over the next decade and I may be eligible for up to 3500$, I would say "Sorry, not worth my time" and decline. Surely their personal time is worth at least as much as they are getting, if not more.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I got two emails for the claim (2nd being a reminder) but I don't really have a receipt or box to claim, just the console. So what proof can I send in? I havn't touched the PS3 for years before the PS4 was a thing.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Could just be being paranoid but nobody else worried about attaching your info to this and not only getting nothing but possibly having it backfire on you in some way?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I got the email for this, but I'm not gonna do it. Getting involved in a legal matter isn't worth $65.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I got the email for this, but I'm not gonna do it. Getting involved in a legal matter isn't worth $65.

You don't really have to do anything though.... I got a $300+ check last year after a bank got sued for intentionally causing overdrafts to occur. I didn't even sign up for that one, just got a notice saying I could opt out. I trashed it and a check showed up about six months later.

The way these settlements work is the funds are set aside. I.e. the money is already there, just waiting to be claimed. All you have to do is give basic info to provide you're entitled to the share. You're not filing suit or anything like that, just requesting your share from the settlement admin.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I did the claim with my current psn email and the original id I used when I bought my launch ps3. I have no idea how they'll tell either are linked since I sold that ps3 months after launch and didn't buy another PlayStation3 till a couple years later with entirely new information. I have a feeling I'll get a "you're not eligible due to not being found" which is ultimately perfectly fine.

Also, after submitting I never received an email stating that so not even sure what's going on or if that's typical.

Otakunofuji

Oct 27, 2017
Checked the mail because of this thread and had a check for $10.07. The girls at the bank will be so impressed tomorrow.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Got my $10 check yesterday. That's ten more dollars than I had before I opened it, so hey, not gonna complain. :)