• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd wait on a next gen headset from Sony unless you want to grab the first iteration headset alone at $225 and already own a camera. I think Sony needs inside out tracking or something like the lighthouse system Valve created. That and new controllers. I think both of those things are definitely in the works. It's just going to be an odd jump when it comes because it will truly make the PSVR obsolete. They didn't position themselves that well for forwards compatibility or upgrades.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
That's some pretty good news though I hope the Move gets a Wiimote plus upgrade in the next 2 years. What Valve is poised to do with motion controlling makes what the Move and Joycons do lack luster in comparison.

What I hope for the most is that instead of trying to go for AAA action game after Blood and Tears they try to make a AAA simulation game.

I'm glad it's doing well. I'll personally wait for PS5's all in one system though. I really don't want to buy a Pro + a headset w/ camera + move controllers just to play Farpoint and maybe Batman right now though.
Sony aren't going to make an all in one bundle skew let alone build the entire PS5 ecosystem around VR being a core part of the experience.

Airhead

Oct 25, 2017
The difference between getting a VR headset for 199 on sale as it's been a few places recently and then having to pay 100 for a pair of move controllers is so dumb.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that makes sense, if you have a Pro you're probably more serious about VR so you get more games. I hope that means we get more Pro bundles or Pro optimizations.

I also hope that for the next level they actually ditch the moves, one of the biggest limiting factors of VR.

Or, if you've got a Pro, you've got more money to spend on this hobby and buy more games in general.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The interesting question: I see it is packed with PS Move controllers. Is it packed with the new controllers too? I bet not since they may be not out yet and Sony wants you to get them separately and pay extra.
The move controllers are fine as they are. So there is no reason to wait for the model. I mean Micro-USB instead of Mini-USB and a slightly (!) better battery? Yeah... the normal Move controllers are fine.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The move controllers are fine as they are. So there is no reason to wait for the model. I mean Micro-USB instead of Mini-USB and a slightly (!) better battery? Yeah... the normal Move controllers are fine.
Well for thsoe who never bought move controllers or PS VR, they want the best versions since they waited of course. So, there is no other option than to get the new ones.

TrojanBlade

Oct 30, 2017
I can't believe Sony has not done a SportsChampion VR game yet. That would be a great title for PSVR with the Move controllers. The original PS3 games were so good.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
You mean a full .Hack Online VR Experience?

Nope, I wanna get lost in this world..

0pJ94yY.jpg
hNoEeja.jpg

tumblr_mecuhm7L2M1ricgg0o1_500.gif

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see that after a year they're still just as committed to it. Wasn't sure it was going to turn out that way. This is what inspires consumer and developer confidence.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see that after a year they're still just as committed to it. Wasn't sure it was going to turn out that way. This is what inspires consumer and developer confidence.
Yep alot of nice stuff is coming up for VR.

Lots of bundles and deals as well they are really pushing it.

Synless

Oct 30, 2017
They really need to make a new control method. Move is too limiting and I feel good about saying this, a piece of shit without controls that allow movement. The attach rate however is very impressive.

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I'm not buying all that cast-off Sony motion crap for VR. They may have some people but it won't be me with the current version of the hardware.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I applaud Sony's actions on this whole vr venture. Its reassuring to have a more accessible option out there alongside the occ and vive.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
It really puzzles me why more people don't acknowledge their success here.

VR is so new and for any single company to break through this well is really a crazy achievement.

I want PS VR to succeed but I didn't think it would do nearly this well.

The Skyrim bundle is a god send for the platform on top of the ongoing success.

I likely will not go for the HDR pass through upgrade unless I find time to sell my OG PS VR, but I do look forward to the next iteration of PS VR and hope it offers some really upgraded resolution and maybe even some OLED screen dare I wish for that? That would be cool. Maybe something like 1440p or more per eye.

And I sincerely hope that PS5 is full BC with PS4 so all the games can transition over (and hopefully have automatic resolution boosts) when upgrading to PS5 and PS VR 2.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Re7 like experiences are cool because options are good, but not gonna lie I'd be pretty bummed to see any AAA game VR only

I'm just not interested in it but don't wanna miss out on big budget games on the PS4 platform

Non VR should always be primary focus