• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 67800

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 30, 2020
PS Plus prices rise 33% in Brazil from June

According to Sony, the increases of around 33% "reflect the current market situation and allow us to offer a quality service to our subscribers".

• The 12-month PlayStation Plus plan (currently R$ 149.90) will cost R$ 199.90 (34% increase)
• The PlayStation Plus 3-month plan (currently R$ 64.90) will cost R$ 84.90 (30% increase)
• The PlayStation Plus 1-month plan (currently R$ 25.90) will cost R$ 34.90 (33% increase)

E00LYegX0AIgbU2

Last edited:

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
damn. Though It took longer than I expected, I thought they would raise back when Xbox raised Live Gold to that price (last october)

tough time to be playing games in Brazil

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
Must be because of everyone outside of Brazil taking advantage of that super cheap PS+
Could get like 3 years worth for the price of 1 year I wonder if those codes are still available for sale on some sites

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the lawsuits Sony is having (and losing) in Brazil also affected this decision.

Geinrendour

Jun 3, 2018
Given how much our currency has devalued, it was expected. The biggest problem for me was the raise in Sony exclusives in general. Now they are more expensive than third parties when it was the opposite before.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the lawsuits Sony is having (and losing) in Brazil also affected this decision.

nah. Sadly, this is just a move that falls in line with all the other gaming related price raises that have been happening here due to our currency.

whats also sad, is that R$199 is still quite cheaper than U$60 too, but a whole lot of money for us (like 1/5 of the minimum wage)

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Not sure how big next gen market is in Brazil, but this is a win for Microsoft/Game Pass. Gaming was already an expensive hobby, and the barrier is getting thicker. I understand why Sony raised the price, but it's very unfortunate news.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this more reflective of how much stuff like this costs in Brazil as opposed to "fuck greedy Sony"?

Our economy its more at fault here for sure, but gaming companies could be doing better in terms of localizing game prices to a more fair price, Sony included (and maybe, the most since in general, they have the worst automated conversion rate on a digital store around here)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Holy fuck! I wish we had prices similar to the US when it comes to hardware here in South America, I'm about to pay $900 for my Series X this month... $500 would be a steal for me.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how big next gen market is in Brazil, but this is a win for Microsoft/Game Pass. Gaming was already an expensive hobby, and the barrier is getting thicker.

And Game Pass price here is based on a slightly lower lower conversion rate than Live Gold and PS+ (x3 vs x3.3) too. Game Pass is a great thing all-around

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
damn. Though It took longer than I expected, I thought they would raise back when Xbox raised Live Gold to that price (last october)

tough time to be playing games in Brazil
It really is...
for me is even harder since my account is still in USA Store and with the dollar costing so much Here, you know...
It's really hard nowadays...
that's why I really value gamepass nowadays.
I really want a series X as soon as available here, that inhale that familiar option with a friend and doesn't even Pay for the gamepass.
With that I will only spend money in the big AAA exclusives that I love like ratchet, god of war, horizon, the last, uncharted, spider man, etc...

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
See it's reding stories like this that make me think if I should stack my PS+ account event more past December 2027 at the moment but to saty on topic I don't see why they are charging MORE instead of less does Brazil have some sort of VAT that Sony is passing down to customers?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
It really is...
for me is even harder since my account is still in USA Store and with the dollar costing so much Here, you know...
It's really hard nowadays...
that's why I really value gamepass nowadays.
I really want a series X as soon as available here, that inhale that familiar option with a friend and doesn't even Pay for the gamepass.
With that I will only spend money in the big AAA exclusives that I love like ratchet, god of war, horizon, the last, uncharted, spider man, etc...

damn, buying stuff in dollar is rough. I used to sub to PS+ using my US account too (when we didnt have the service here) but I started subbing on the Brazilian account when I bought a PS4, so I didnt loose that much

Game Pass has definitely been sort of a savior for us. I used to buy FIFA every year, now I just wait until it hits EA Play. Its one of the many examples where I just save money due to the service

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I was expecting this since they begin those ads of "look how much value for one month on PS Plus". I will still renew, but obviously when the sales drop during Days of Play or at Nuuvem. I still think this is a great value given the shitty value BRL has.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i still remember 3 years ago in a br game forum lots of comments like "bolsonaro will win, games will become cheaper" yeah fuck you bolsominion gamers

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
damn, buying stuff in dollar is rough. I used to sub to PS+ using my US account too (when we didnt have the service here) but I started subbing on the Brazilian account when I bought a PS4, so I didnt loose that much

Game Pass has definitely been sort of a savior for us. I used to buy FIFA every year, now I just wait until it hits EA Play. Its one of the many examples where I just save money due to the service
Yes!!
gamepass is really awesom, specially for a country like ours that the cost of new games is insane high...
for the PlayStation, unfortunately my account is from PS3 era and I have more than 300 games bought in this account and we have that incredible bad decision from Sony that doesn't allow me to change my PSN region.
Its really bad!

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's impressive how you can always count on companies being helpful in times of need.

i still remember 3 years ago in a br game forum lots of comments like "bolsonaro will win, games will become cheaper" yeah fuck you bolsominion gamers
There were people saying this on this very forum too.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
How is pc gaming in brazil
With publishers saying goodbye to regional pricing on both Steam and Epic, about as bad as console gaming.

The shortage of PC parts also hit us pretty bad, right now if you go into a very well known pc parts seller we have a PC composed of Ryzen 3 3300X, A320M-HDV, Geforce GTX 1050 TI 4GB, 8GB DDR4, SSD 512GB selling for round 1.107,76 usd.

Right now I just accepted that we are not the market video games are looking for, sadly.