• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will the game show in August after being a bust in June?

• Yes

Votes: 653 36.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,147 63.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Important to note: just because a poster is verified by a mod for knowing about one subject (in this particular poster's case, Square Enix stuff) it does not mean they necessarily know everything about everything.

Unless your username is Verendus...

giphy.gif

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
But you got sources saying that does exist?

I think they were referring to other sources such as Dusk, RoH, etc. Or that's how I read it anyway.

There's nothing more to say tbh. I'm not sure about its existence. I'm 100% sure it was never planned for June. If you took a look at my old posts you'll find I shared pretty much every notable reveal. Silent Hill was never meant to be there if it exists.

Thanks for your input

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You know what's even more hilarious? Resident Evil Village is rumored to be at the State of Play!

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing more to say tbh. I'm not sure about its existence. I'm 100% sure it was never planned for June. If you took a look at my old posts you'll find I shared pretty much every notable reveal. Silent Hill was never meant to be there if it exists.
Can you tell us why you were sure in june and not so much anymore? The sources have been quiet about it lately?

Darkknight2149

Ban made permanent due to harassment of staff
Banned
May 27, 2020
By the way, I have just noticed that the new official Silent Hill account is following Dusk Golem

OLgmrp9.jpg

I mean, they only follow 24 people, mostly SH ex devs, press and relevant industry people.

Oh boy, SH and Dusk Golem leaks confirmed.
So Toyama and Official Silent Hill both follow Aesthetic Gamer on Twitter? Damn.

For the sake and reputation of that poor Dusk Golem, this thing BETTER be real......and better happen in August.
It was stated from the beginning that the game:
  1. Began development around the start of 2019.
  2. Will be released in 2021.
  3. Will be announced between May and October, and before the PS5 launch at the absolute latest.
Not being announced on the soonest possible date doesn't make it fake.

-Maybe Gamescom!
-Maybe September!
-Maybe 2021 since it's still early dev
-Maybe never?

If it's not announced by the end of the year, it's time to discard the rumours. That being said, everyone is going to act like Dusk and Katharsis are backtracking no matter what if it's not announced this month, just like what happened in June (even though we were warned in advance that June was not a guarantee).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it's not announced by the end of the year, it's time to discard the rumours. That being said, everyone is going to act like Dusk and Katharsis are backtracking no matter what if it's not announced this month, just like what happened in June (even though we were warned in advance that June was not a guarantee).

Every single time this rumor comes up it's "not a guarantee". That's the problem. Constantly parroting the same rumor, going "maybe not this month, not my fault if it isn't" is just exhausting.

If you don't have anything new to say, don't re-light the rumor flame. Just let it die down and if the game gets announced, everyone gets to be happy, whereas if it doesn't, people aren't constantly let down by the goalposts conveniently moving.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Surely a team out there can properly reverse engineer the games that had lost source code. I would also love a PC port, though I doubt either of these would ever happen. They would easily have my money though.

Bluepoint are masters at reverse-engineering, so they'd definitely do a fantastic remaster of 2-4. I'm gutted we never got a proper playable version of those games on current gen consoles.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
A good Remaster Collection of 2-4 for PS4 would be my 2020 GOTY rather easily.

Remember Konami lost the final builds of both SH2 and SH3. I don't know about SH4.

That's why the HD Collection turned out the way it did. They put a studio that only had experience making karaoke games to rebuild those SH games, sometimes from scratch.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every single time this rumor comes up it's "not a guarantee". That's the problem. Constantly parroting the same rumor, going "maybe not this month, not my fault if it isn't" is just exhausting.

If you don't have anything new to say, don't re-light the rumor flame. Just let it die down and if the game gets announced, everyone gets to be happy, whereas if it doesn't, people aren't constantly let down by the goalposts conveniently moving.
Everyone wants that clout

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just waking up and catching up.

Silent Hill in development isn't fake, I've said this multiple times but I 100% can say that a Silent Hill game is in development from a Japanese studio that started dev in late 2018/the start of 2019 (and this came from Konami trying to gather/fund pitches from various different studios in the middle of 2018, looking to fund two Silent Hill games at the time). That I know absolutely with no doubt, so if we're talking about what's 100% true and what to trust as far as I know then you can believe that. I've said this multiple times and I know some don't like me doing that, but it's what I can guarantee is true. And I know it's frustrating, I can't get into why in detail publicly, but I can ensure these two tidbits are 100% true.

The Sony stuff even at this point I still believe, but as I've said I never was able to get a 100% confirm on it. I will say this, the two people I've talked to, Karthasis and the one Reddit user, did give me extremely detailed information on the who, what, where, why of how they came to know this information. I don't doubt for a second both truly believe in what they've heard and shared, and I can see why though I need a bit more before I can really feel truly confident behind it.

There's another point, but I'll answer it with this person's question.

Can you tell us why you were sure in june and not so much anymore? The sources have been quiet about it lately?
I don't know Naftra's sources, but I can take a guess from having some monitor on behind-the-scenes sources.

Silent Hill is quite weird in the scene. If I didn't have four personal friends who I trust and have zero reason to doubt (and who have never lied about these things before and have zero reason to here), it'd be really weird to follow. So separate of Silent Hill, I know Sony has been trying really hard to keep a tight lid on certain things, I have a friend who's a translator who was going to sign contracts with a third party studio to translate some of their game stuff, but they had to be post-poned indefinitely due to the studio having a game for PS5 that's not revealed yet. Sony is being really tight shipped on some of this stuff, of including outside people being involved who might potentially leak things, I know that generally.

Silent Hill behind the scenes have had some reputable sources (not my sources either, others) who have talked and confirmed that Silent Hill stuff is true and does exist, but outside of that the details on it are like a desert. There's almost nothing, which makes it almost like a phantom, apparently it exists but where the fuck is it? And there's some parts of it which muddy the waters a bit more, like what parts are true and which parts are not?

It gets to a case where maybe some or maybe all of it is true, or some specific points weren't true, but do those deconfirm the other points or was it miscommunication, etc? I will say this, if the person I DM'd on Reddit was telling the truth (and again, to their credit they gave me a very detailed explanation of who they were, how they know, their history with this particular rumor, etc), they mentioned Silent Hill and one other project are two Sony in particular are being very, very secretive on, and many within the company don't even know the full details about them. Which if true might actually explain the whole situation of why certain trusted figures say it's real but know nothing about it, because it may be a case their sources know of it but know nothing else about it but its existence (and then other sources who knew the PS5 stuff knew it was never slated for the PS5 reveal event like Katharsis claimed, so they're a bit confused on the status as well).

That's all assuming that is real though, which again I can't confirm even if I believe it. The confirmed stuff I can say with absolute certainty I've already said multiple times, but none of that is about Sony's involvement.

Now that the Portland stuff is dying down a bit I'm getting back into digging into it, but I don't really expect to find much. I want to confirm things as I know people don't like the doubt either, but ultimately what's available is available and the rest is a bit ambiguously weird on the details for now.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming that Silent Hill is being developed by a Japanese team (which I believe btw, there's too much smoke on a Silent Hill game being developed somewhere), I wonder who our candidates are outside of Sony. I wouldn't expect Konami to do it in-house but who knows?

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020

The issue is that we already have a deadline for announcement. Between October and the PS5 launch. The only thing they are telling us is that it was originally going to be announced on June 4, and are now updating us on subsequent events that they hear it might be announced on. As we already know, if nothing is announced by the end of the year without anything tangible, it will be safe to ignore the rumours. At that point, it would become evident that the announcement will just keep getting "delayed" indefinitely.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that we already have a deadline for announcement. Between October and the PS5 launch. The only thing they are telling us is that it was originally going to be announced on June 4, and are now updating us on subsequent events that they hear it might be announced on. As we already know, if nothing is announced by the end of the year without anything tangible, it will be safe to ignore the rumours. At that point, it would become evident that the announcement will just keep getting "delayed" indefinitely.

I would argue that this is already evident now.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Silent Hill in development isn't fake, I've said this multiple times but I 100% can say that a Silent Hill game is in development from a Japanese studio that started dev in late 2018/the start of 2019 (and this came from Konami trying to gather/fund pitches from various different studios in the middle of 2018, looking to fund two Silent Hill games at the time). That I know absolutely with no doubt, so if we're talking about what's 100% true and what to trust as far as I know then you can believe that. I've said this multiple times and I know some don't like me doing that, but it's what I can guarantee is true. And I know it's frustrating, I can't get into why in detail publicly, but I can ensure these two tidbits are 100% true.

The Sony stuff even at this point I still believe, but as I've said I never was able to get a 100% confirm on it. I will say this, the two people I've talked to, Karthasis and the one Reddit user, did give me extremely detailed information on the who, what, where, why of how they came to know this information. I don't doubt for a second both truly believe in what they've heard and shared, and I can see why though I need a bit more before I can really feel truly confident behind it.

There's another point, but I'll answer it with this person's question.

I don't know Naftra's sources, but I can take a guess from having some monitor on behind-the-scenes sources.

Silent Hill is quite weird in the scene. If I didn't have four personal friends who I trust and have zero reason to doubt (and who have never lied about these things before and have zero reason to here), it'd be really weird to follow. So separate of Silent Hill, I know Sony has been trying really hard to keep a tight lid on certain things, I have a friend who's a translator who was going to sign contracts with a third party studio to translate some of their game stuff, but they had to be post-poned indefinitely due to the studio having a game for PS5 that's not revealed yet. Sony is being really tight shipped on some of this stuff, of including outside people being involved who might potentially leak things, I know that generally.

Silent Hill behind the scenes have had some reputable sources (not my sources either, others) who have talked and confirmed that Silent Hill stuff is true and does exist, but outside of that the details on it are like a desert. There's almost nothing, which makes it almost like a phantom, apparently it exists but where the fuck is it? And there's some parts of it which muddy the waters a bit more, like what parts are true and which parts are not?

It gets to a case where maybe some or maybe all of it is true, or some specific points weren't true, but do those deconfirm the other points or was it miscommunication, etc? I will say this, if the person I DM'd on Reddit was telling the truth (and again, to their credit they gave me a very detailed explanation of who they were, how they know, their history with this particular rumor, etc), they mentioned Silent Hill and one other project are two Sony in particular are being very, very secretive on, and many within the company don't even know the full details about them. Which if true might actually explain the whole situation of why certain trusted figures say it's real but know nothing about it, because it may be a case their sources know of it but know nothing else about it but its existence (and then other sources who knew the PS5 stuff knew it was never slated for the PS5 reveal event like Katharsis claimed, so they're a bit confused on the status as well).

That's all assuming that is real though, which again I can't confirm even if I believe it. The confirmed stuff I can say with absolute certainty I've already said multiple times, but none of that is about Sony's involvement.

Now that the Portland stuff is dying down a bit I'm getting back into digging into it, but I don't really expect to find much. I want to confirm things as I know people don't like the doubt either, but ultimately what's available is available and the rest is a bit ambiguously weird on the details for now.

Both of you misunderstood what Nav was saying. They never said they were sure that SH was going to be at the June show. They said the opposite, that they knew for a fact there was no SH on that show. They aren't sure if it's existence, period, so they weren't saying anything about it being at any show

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
I don't even care anymore. I think there's enough smoke for there to potentially be a fire, but I'm not holding my breath and playing the "maybe next event" game anymore. If it shows up, cool. If we have nothing well after the PS5 launch, street cred points are lost for some folks. No big thing.

Good luck to those eagerly hoping.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Hey Dusk, thanks for posting again. If I may be so masochist, don't tell us anything if you find out it's real. At this point I want everyone to think it's fake, so in case it gets announced, we really do get surprised. Kthanks.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Both of you misunderstood what Nav was saying. They never said they were sure that SH was going to be at the June show. They said the opposite, that they knew for a fact there was no SH on that show. They aren't sure if it's existence, period, so they weren't saying anything about it being at any show
I didn't misunderstand, that's why I even directly said:

(and then other sources who knew the PS5 stuff knew it was never slated for the PS5 reveal event like Katharsis claimed(...)).

Because I know they said it was never supposed to appear at the PS5 event, but they've heard from people with good reputations that it exists so its weird to them. They knew from the start Silent Hill was never slated to appear there.

I even said myself before the PS5 event that RE8 I knew 100% was at the event but not Silent Hill, so to get ready for that. Though I did want to believe in Katharsis for my/their own sake. I doubt I knew as much as Nav (I don't have many direct sources within Sony, I've said this before, I know people who know people with sources at Sony moreso), but as someone who does look into these things specifically I'm keeping tabs. For the record I've had no updates on any possible Silent Hill appearance dates yet, but I have heard updates on some other Sony events happening. So that's where we're at for the moment.

Hey Dusk, thanks for posting again. If I may be so masochist, don't tell us anything if you find out it's real. At this point I want everyone to think it's fake, so in case it gets announced, we really do get surprised. Kthanks.

If I found out about it 100% but the person who told me tells me not to tell others, then that would be the situation (the only way I can share things publicly like I do without burning bridges is by only sharing what I have an okay to share and not share stuff they don't want me to, or get an okay to wait to share it until something else happens). I am pretty open otherwise, but I kind of get what you mean. If this is true, even if people disbelieve it, it'll be revealed eventually regardless. So the surprise of that might mean something.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Assuming that Silent Hill is being developed by a Japanese team (which I believe btw, there's too much smoke on a Silent Hill game being developed somewhere), I wonder who our candidates are outside of Sony. I wouldn't expect Konami to do it in-house but who knows?

I've thought about this, too.
Could Konami do it in house? Sure. They've obviously done it before with the first four SH games. There are still old Team Silent members either technically still at Konami or could come in freelance. Do I expect this? No.
What other Japanese developers could Konami partner with that could/would do this? Platinum Games? Don't think I'd be too crazy about that. It just doesn't seem in their wheelhouse. Kojima Productions? That already seems like it's been wiped off the table. Grasshopper? FROM?
I'm sure there are a lot more, but those are the most prominent ones I can think of. None of those seem like good fits on the surface.

SIE Japan Studio just makes the most sense for a partnership. Toyama returning to the series he started with will get eyes on the project. The first Silent Hill is considered a PlayStation 1 classic (even though it didn't make the cut for the PS1 Mini 😡) and still to this day remains exclusive to that platform. It would be a hell of a feather in Sony's cap with a new system launching and I can't imagine it would be the type of deal to break the bank. It could open a big door for Sony to get even more out of a possible Konami partnership throughout the upcoming gen.

Just interesting (not doubting Dusk at all here) how sources could know with certainty that SH is being developed with a Japanese studio but not specifically know which one.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not misunderstanding anything, Nav said this in june.

Both are real, but they're not showing Silent Hill tomorrow. Only Demon's Souls.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020

Nobody is forcing anyone to follow a thread about rumors. We still have credible people saying they know a game is happening and some people are enjoying playing the game of analyzing the continually increasing amount of smoke, debating info, and theorizing.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Okay, maybe I just misunderstood what you were trying to ask, because it seemed like you were asking why they were sure the game would be at the June show. But I see what you mean now.

Because I know they said it was never supposed to appear at the PS5 event, but they've heard from people with good reputations that it exists so its weird to them. They knew from the start Silent Hill was never slated to appear there.

I even said myself before the PS5 event that RE8 I knew 100% was at the event but not Silent Hill, so to get ready for that. Though I did want to believe in Katharsis for my/their own sake. I doubt I knew as much as Nav (I don't have many direct sources within Sony, I've said this before, I know people who know people with sources at Sony moreso), but as someone who does look into these things specifically I'm keeping tabs. For the record I've had no updates on any possible Silent Hill appearance dates yet, but I have heard updates on some other Sony events happening. So that's where we're at for the moment.

If I found out about it 100% but the person who told me tells me not to tell others, then that would be the situation (the only way I can share things publicly like I do without burning bridges is by only sharing what I have an okay to share and not share stuff they don't want me to, or get an okay to wait to share it until something else happens). I am pretty open otherwise, but I kind of get what you mean. If this is true, even if people disbelieve it, it'll be revealed eventually regardless. So the surprise of that might mean something.

Alright. I'm not sure why you said all that there then lol.

Since you're here, would you like to address any of the recent Junji Ito statements?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't even care anymore. I think there's enough smoke for there to potentially be a fire, but I'm not holding my breath and playing the "maybe next event" game anymore. If it shows up, cool. If we have nothing well after the PS5 launch, street cred points are lost for some folks. No big thing.

Good luck to those eagerly hoping.

That's about where I've been almost since the beginning lol, but I think I'm leaning more in the 'not true' category at this point, just because it feels like once rumors reach the 'well maybe the next event' more than 2-3 times, it's rarely true. Still being hopeful that it's real, though.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019

It's pretty much what Dusk said. I'll try to clarify further.

In June I've been hearing mumbles, from reliable sources, implying that the game exists. That in addition to Dusk and others claims made me believe that the game for sure exists, even if it's 100% not in the event (as I said in June).

However, two months later, I'm hearing very little about it and I'm not sure anymore. If it's real, it is being treated with truly extraordinary secrecy. It's hard to explain but this is not how information work in this industry. It makes me not so sure anymore.

And I just don't like to talk about stuff I'm not 100% about. Yes, I've heard from reliable people that the game is real. But I heard very little and in such strange manner that I just don't feel comfortable confirming it or talking about the matter all together.

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
I would argue that this is already evident now.

The announcement window has always been "by October and before the PS5 launch at the latest." That never changed. I would argue that anyone who convinces themselves that the soonest possible date is the absolute one (be it May, June 11, August, or September) is responsible for their own disappointment. Those were never guaranteed, and we were told the announcement window as far back as April.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Okay, maybe I just misunderstood what you were trying to ask, because it seemed like you were asking why they were sure the game would be at the June show. But I see what you mean now.

Alright. I'm not sure why you said all that there then lol.

Since you're here, would you like to address any of the recent Junji Ito statements?

I think Junji Ito would be working with Kojima on his horror game, which may not be something related to Silent Hill. At least that's the impression I get anyway (Kojima keeps hinting his next game would be a horror game, Junji Ito said he was contacted again by Kojima, just to clarify what I mean).

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I think Junji Ito would be working with Kojima on his horror game, which may not be something related to Silent Hill. At least that's the impression I get anyway.

I'm more referring to recent statements from Ito that Ito walked back and contradicted a lot of alleged stuff that Dusk says took place. As far as I know, he's not said anything about that, so wasn't sure what his position was.

Ito has explicitly said he's not working on any horror game or talking with Kojima, for the record. At least, according to him.

Last edited:

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm more referring to recent statements from Ito that Ito walked back and contradicted a lot of alleged stuff that Dusk says took place. As far as I know, he's not said anything about that, so wasn't sure what his position was.

Ito has explicitly said he's not working on any horror game or talking with Kojima, for the record. At least, according to him.

Ah yes, he did walk back his original statement but did say he met Kojima at a party and in passing Kojima said "I may require your help in the future" so it's not set in stone or anything. Also depends how drunk they were when they had that conversation haha.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
The announcement window has always been "by October and before the PS5 launch at the latest." That never changed. I would argue that anyone who convinces themselves that the soonest possible date is the absolute one (be it May, June 11, August, or September) is responsible for their own disappointment. Those were never guaranteed, and we were told the announcement window as far back as April.

To be fair, that's not 100% true. While yeah, there were periods were people, mostly Dusk, said that the announcement could be pushed back, there was a point when June was being pushed hard, with even Dusk at one point saying at one time to 100% put him on the June hype train (even after he said it could be delayed). So no, it didn't just come out of nowhere, and I don't really like this rewriting that people are trying to do about that. I'm not saying it means anything one way or another, but no, these dates and time frames didn't just come out of nowhere.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
What's the purpose of creating an official Txitter for Silent Hill just right now if the game won't be shown soon? This is all sly viral marketing for the game. Keeping the sceret and denying anything about it is a way to increase hype about it.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019

Other Sony events still in August?

Darkknight2149

Banned
May 27, 2020
To be fair, that's not 100% true. While yeah, there were periods were people, mostly Dusk, said that the announcement could be pushed back, there was a point when June was being pushed hard, with even Dusk at one point saying at one time to 100% put him on the June hype train (even after he said it could be delayed). So no, it didn't just come out of nowhere, and I don't really like this rewriting that people are trying to do about that. I'm not saying it means anything one way or another, but no, these dates and time frames didn't just come out of nowhere.

There was a very short time period where June 4 was the intended announcement date. Then we learned early on in late-May that Sony was reshuffling and that was no longer a guarantee. After that, Dusk and Katharsis both said multiple times that June was not an absolute date. Everyone else was hyping it up at that point.

Thread:

By the time it was delayed to June 11, an announcement was far from being a guarantee. So far, that has been the only instance where something like that has happened and it didn't last long. The general release window is and has been "between May and the PS5 launch." Anything else should be taken with a grain of salt.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty much what Dusk said. I'll try to clarify further.

In June I've been hearing mumbles, from reliable sources, implying that the game exists. That in addition to Dusk and others claims made me believe that the game for sure exists, even if it's 100% not in the event (as I said in June).

However, two months later, I'm hearing very little about it and I'm not sure anymore. If it's real, it is being treated with truly extraordinary secrecy. It's hard to explain but this is not how information work in this industry. It makes me not so sure anymore.

And I just don't like to talk about stuff I'm not 100% about. Yes, I've heard from reliable people that the game is real. But I heard very little and in such strange manner that I just don't feel comfortable confirming it or talking about the matter all together.
The part that people keep dancing around though is "Are Sony making this game"?

Which is the big unknown

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I don't doubt the rumors of Silent Hill and what KatharsisT has given us. My issue is with Sony's executives that have started to piss me off. Hermen Hulst, Scott Rohde, Jim Ryan, Eric Lempel and other braindead executives making these plans.

PS5 event was very underwhelming to me. Did they forgot about how to blow us away. Or wait, no more Andrew House and Adam Boyes. They knew how to surprise us, gunblazing.

I will try to have patience but I feel this is a neverending loop that is going nowhere in this direction. I want to be hyped but it's hard when they are not impressing me. Jim Ryan's troll statement: "And we have tons more to share". Stop hiding stuff, show it and stop care what MS does. Be confident in your games. These drip feeding announcements are doing nothing for me.

And who have faith in Konami to make AAA games after Metal Gear Survive. Yuji Korekado, Satoshi Hirano, Masaya Kobayashi, Mineshi Kimura, Ikuya Nakamura and Kumi Sato were cowards to not leave Konami and follow Kojima. Sometimes you have to sacrifice and take risk if you want to achieve something. Kojima Productions is doing better than Konami on AAA games and his new IP was experimental and unpolished and leaves the door open for a improved sequel.

Kojima wants to return to his early days when he made smaller home console/PC games while preparing for the major project behind the scenes which Konami took away from him around MGS4.

Whether they are episodic graphics novel or shorter experience (like ZOE was) you buy digitally.

Konami has more problems than Kojima Productions and Japan Studio on game development. They are not Capcom who gains new talent when the other leaves the company. Metal Gear Survive was the final nail in the coffin. Yuji Korekado being at the helm of that rubbish game is ironic. He wanted to release MGS4 in a bad state to meet the deadline for a March release (we know Kojima delayed it to June) Kojima told him how he can work in this gaming industry with that mindset. And it's always like this. So it's not the first time it happens. A troublesome guy Kojima had to stick with as lead programmer since MGS4. Kazunobu Uehara had left MGS series after MGS3 who was the director of program. I guess he was fed up with the franchise like most staff started to feel who left during development of MGS3 and during development of MGS4.

Even Shinta Nojiri moved away from the franchise after MGS4. When you have worked on MG series since MGS on PS1 you grow tired of it.

Etsu Tamari is the producer of Pro Baseball series after MGSV. He probably saw the writing on the wall for Metal Gear series and didn't wanted to be part of that god awful Survive project.
I'm annoyed too but I feel as though in 2 months when we look back we will be amazed at how much they have lined up. I was quite surprised at the year 1 titles they showed so far considering they said they have more. They haven't announced squat since 2016 so they have many announcements saved up.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
There was a very short time period where June 4 was the intended announcement date. Then we learned early on in late-May that Sony was reshuffling and that was no longer a guarantee. After that, Dusk and Katharsis both said multiple times that June was not an absolute date. Everyone else was hyping it up at that point.

Thread:

By the time it was delayed to June 11, an announcement was far from being a guarantee. So far, that has been the only instance where something like that has happened and it didn't last long. The general release window is and has been "between May and the PS5 launch." Anything else should be taken with a grain of salt.

But that doesn't really matter to what I said (though both Dusk and Katharsis stated they were on the June 'hype train' even after this tweet, as I said before). Your original post made it seem as if there was never a reason to expect those June or August dates, and that's just, frankly, not true as you yourself say here. There definitely where points where those time frames were being hyped up, and I think it's just kind of dishonest to try and paint everyone looking at those dates as just 'setting themselves up for disappointment' when those who were giving out this information was pointing to them, even if they ultimately walked that back. So no, as I said, they didn't just come out of nowhere. Again, I'm not saying that means anything as regards to this being real or not, but I don't really see the need to try and paint a different picture than what's going on to make certain people look worse.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
What's the purpose of creating an official Txitter for Silent Hill just right now if the game won't be shown soon? This is all sly viral marketing for the game. Keeping the sceret and denying anything about it is a way to increase hype about it.

I'm still not 100% convinced that twitter is official. Only because I really wouldn't put it past Konami PR people to see there was a Silent Hill twitter called official and assume it actually was official and just run by someone else.

Is that incredibly insulting to Konami's competence? Yes, but... well....

CeeTee

May 29, 2018
Indirectly related, but does State of Play just generally show off Sony exclusive stuff, or is it possible for an indie game launching on multi-platform to be showcased in the event? I don't pay much attention to that kind of thing.

Oct 29, 2017
One thing that gives me some hope for this month is that Sony said they won't announce the price and date at a moment's notice. Rather, they'll let us know in advance the announcement of the price, etc. It's probably just wishful thinking, but maybe Sony will announce the price, etc., and some more games like a Silent Hill at an event in response to MS.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I generally try not to pester leakers for more info so sorry if I'm overstepping: Are you in any position to confirm with 100% certainty the project is indeed a AAA game as was suggested by the other leakers and that it hasn't been cancelled between 2018 and now?

I was thinking maybe this is not as big of a project as we may believe.

Anyways, thanks for keeping the dream alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.