• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Hell yes. RE7 isn't even that scary in and of itself, it's the VR that contributes the scariness. An actually frightening game in VR would be beyond fantastic.
It goes from a little anxiety to shit in your pants as soon as you put on that headset 😂

Honeslty just pumped for more AAA horror games VR or not. Such a under utilized genre...

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Kojima x Japan Studio P.T. revival (just slap a new name on it) with full VR support please

Oh my goodness... that's like the ultimate horror game.

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if Sony brought in Kojima and the old Team Silent guys to work on a spiritual successor, or even license the SH IP from Konami.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I really hope it's not zombie related. I'm so sick of them. Really missing Silent Hill style horror. And space horror. REALLY miss space horror...

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Please please please let it be Toyama. The man hasn't worked on a bad game in his life, we would be in for a wild ride.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
If Kojima were working on this, don't you think the lead would be "Sony working on another new game with Kojima"?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not this is a Kojima game, I really really really hope Guillermo del Toro is involved. After Insane and Silent Hills, Del Toro said that he's done with games unless it's with Kojima. I think Sony is the only publisher that will let these creators flourish with a big budget horror game, and not have their creative vision stunted.

What was in production sounds incredible.
I'm sure they can produce something truly historic if they get to ship a game.

Oct 27, 2017
Whether or not this is a Kojima game, I really really really hope Guillermo del Toro is involved. After Insane and Silent Hills, Del Toro said that he's done with games unless it's with Kojima. I think Sony is the only publisher that will let these creators flourish with a big budget horror game, and not have their creative vision stunted.

What was in production sounds incredible.
I'm sure they can produce something truly historic if they get to ship a game.

Sony owns the Edge of Nowhere IP now, and Del Toro's been pining for an At the Mountains of Madness movie for years now. Imagine them making a Lovecraft game 😍

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're not getting what I'm saying. BB is a souls game, retooling it to be something else wouldn't lead to anything good.
Let me try and reframe this

warcraft is a rts
World of Warcraft is an MMO.

Games can be different types but be set in the same universe. A Souls game is basically made by its environment and world building. You can tell other stories which aren't third person action RPGs

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
New ip from Toyama means siren is head. Give us Siren 2 on psn at least. Was never released in the US.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Here's an absolutely crazy suggestion, but what if it's neither Toyama OR Kojima?

What if SIE/Japan Studio gets Shuji Ishikawa (not the professional wrestler) back to direct/write a new psychological horror?

He wrote/directed the underappreciated masterpiece Rule of Rose for SCE back in 2006 and I think has most recently worked with Suda 51 over at Grasshopper (he produced Let It Die).
I would love for him to get another crack at a first-party horror title. A spiritual successor to RoR would be a dream game for me.

Oct 27, 2017
Here's an absolutely crazy suggestion, but what if it's neither Toyama OR Kojima?

What if SIE/Japan Studio gets Shuji Ishikawa (not the professional wrestler) back to direct/write a new psychological horror?

He wrote/directed the underappreciated masterpiece Rule of Rose for SCE back in 2006 and I think has most recently worked with Suda 51 over at Grasshopper (he produced Let It Die).
I would love for him to get another crack at a first-party horror title. A spiritual successor to RoR would be a dream game for me.

Wait, Rule of Rose is an SCE game? I really want that game for my horror collection, but it's insanely expensive for a PAL copy. They should re-release it, really.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Wait, Rule of Rose is an SCE game? I really want that game for my horror collection, but it's insanely expensive for a PAL copy. They should re-release it, really.

Indeed. Sony chickened out in 2006 and decided not to publish it in the west, but luckily Atlus stepped in and handled it.

I own a US copy and it's probably my most prized game that I own.
But absolutely yes- I hope Sony has a much better roll out of digital PS1 & PS2 games for PS5 than they did for PS4. Even though it would probably devalue my physical copy, I'd love for them to release RoR on the PS Store. If you can get past the uninspired tank gameplay, it has one of the best, most disturbing stories in a horror game I've ever experienced. I hate that most people over the past decade have only gotten to experience it by watching other people playing it via YouTube. Beyond the occasional smacking weird, creepy little kids in masks with a pipe, it's a really fascinating game to journey through first hand.