• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I woulda had the platinum too but I just could not deal with the ravens, fuck I hate those goddamn things.

Oct 27, 2017
Now I'm interested in what the amount of platinum trophies earned by other comparable games and I'm talking games that require you to invest a good chunk of time to actually unlock the Platinum. I also don't mean games where the time to unlock the Platinum is insane for arbitrary or stupid reasons.

5.4% is pretty high as these things go. Roughly in line with the Souls series, which has a high platinum percentage because it attracts such a hardcore following.

A few games as comparison:

The Witcher 3 - 1.1%
Doom - 1.5%
The Last of Us Remastered - 0.5%
Nioh - 4.9%
Horizon - 6.9%
God of War 3 Remastered - 2.1%
Bloodborne - 5.6%
Hellblade - 10.0%

And 54.5% of players finished the story, which again is remarkably high.

If you're interested, this is a really good topic for such discussions: https://www.resetera.com/threads/achievement-percentages-as-an-insight-into-gaming-trends.13776/

Blades > Axe

NEVER make me use the Axe again SSM, blades remain the best weapon in gaming. And get to making some DLC pronto, ain't gonna ask again

Nah, I can't agree at all. The Leviathan Axe is amazing; one of the most satisfying weapons in gaming, and I rarely used the Blades optionally.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5.4% is pretty high as these things go. Roughly in line with the Souls series, which has a high platinum percentage because it attracts such a hardcore following.

A few games as comparison:

The Witcher 3 - 1.1%
Doom - 1.5%
The Last of Us Remastered - 0.5%
Nioh - 4.9%
Horizon - 6.9%
God of War 3 Remastered - 2.1%
Bloodborne - 5.6%
Hellblade - 10.0%

And 54.5% of players finished the story, which again is remarkably high.

If you're interested, this is a really good topic for such discussions: https://www.resetera.com/threads/achievement-percentages-as-an-insight-into-gaming-trends.13776/

Nah, I can't agree at all. The Leviathan Axe is amazing; one of the most satisfying weapons in gaming, and I rarely used the Blades optionally.
TLoU 0.5% doesnt surprise me in the least. That games' trophy list sucked ass. I Platinum'd GoW, and Horizon but Naughty Dog fucked up that list. They were boring and a chore to get.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
A thousand-year curse upon every single player who put Kratos in the variations of that weird stripper snake-skin outfit, I'm horrified that it was the most popular. (It makes poor Kratos look hilarious.) What if it becomes Kratos' default outfit for the next game due to its popularity?

??!!

????!!!!!

(I'm assuming it was chosen because it was great for Runic. I'm hoping it was chosen because it was great for Runic...)

I had Atreus in the Sharpshooter armor, and dead god, the boy becomes even more OP with it, and it was really valuable for the trials and the bonus bosses. The Legendary Runic Vestment looks great, though, and this is why I wish stats and abilities weren't tied to specific outfits! (Thank you, Dragon Age Inqusition, for solving this issue.)

I used Wrath of the Wolf on a lot of the Valkyries, but I did have to stop using it on Sigrun herself. Because with WotW there was so much happening on screen, I sometimes didn't realize she'd gotten out of the stun-lock loop, and was suddenly blindsided by one of her attacks. (Even over a lot of the Soulsbourne bosses, you can't take your eyes off of Sigrun for a second, goddamn.)

...and that death rate for Sigrun sounds about right, ha.

TLoU 0.5% doesnt surprise me in the least. That games' trophy list sucked ass. I Platinum'd GoW, and Horizon but Naughty Dog fucked up that list. They were boring and a chore to get.

Yeah, TLoU Platinum is horrible. The multi-player trophies, urgghhhh. Nope.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
I love seeing stats like this.

Surprised a lot of people didn't have better gear. Also, my go to runics are Tyr's Revenge, Glaive Storm or Mists of Helheim for the axe, and Blast of Hephaestus, Prometheus Flame or Fire of Ares for the blades. As for Talismans, I used the Shattered Gauntlet most of my first playthrough, and I switch between Talisman of Unbound Potential and Talisman of the Realms in NG+ (Kvasir can be made an enchantment).

My first playthrough was on Balanced Experience. Beat Sigrun my first attempt. My NG+ run is on Give Me a Challenge. Sigrun has whooped my ass 30 times in a row. Half of those I got her health down to 1 bar, and most of my deaths were due to me making stupid mistakes.

Yebele

Nov 2, 2017
next game i want the thor boss fight to be even harder than sigrun. make me feel like im fighting the FUCKING GOD OF THUNDER

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
next game i want the thor boss fight to be even harder than sigrun. make me feel like im fighting the FUCKING GOD OF THUNDER

Thor is going to be in the main story boss fight, I don't think they'll want to make him super difficult becoming huge roadbloack for people to beat the game. Sigrun can be designed to be super hard because she's optional boss battle.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
wow that Sigrun ratio for GMGOW. I feel it wasn't quite as bad after having done it once on normal. I wonder how many people started the game on that difficulty level.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
SIGUUUUURN!

One Hell of a fight that was! I was sweating by the end of it (as I brought up in my old thread) lol.

I actually preferred Murder of Crows more than Wrath of the Wolfs by the end. Both had their uses however. I did end up using Wrath of the Wolf for Sigurn.

Last edited:

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Can someone help me out? I beat the valkyrie in the trials, but I didn't get the trophy for beating the trials. Is that not the end of the trials?

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels good to be the one percent. I should upload my video of killing Sigrun.
Can someone help me out? I beat the valkyrie in the trials, but I didn't get the trophy for beating the trials. Is that not the end of the trials?
It isn't. You have to go through the trials again to get access to the highest tier of challenges. Once you complete one of the challenges of the highest tier, then you get the trophy, IIRC.

Last edited:

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Ironically, beating Sigrun was easier for me after I had forsaken most specials and trying to switch between the primary weapons. Simply dodging, parrying and taking advantage of openings with the Leviathan Axe exclusively let me beat her finally after 20+ tries.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Yeap. Very hard to extrapolate precise sales data though, since some of those would have been borrowed or used copies, and at the same time many copies that were sold have probably not even been opened yet or remain in people's backlogs still.
Don't forget offline players, which must be a minority but they still exist.

Still, I'm very surprised at the high completion rate and the platinum rate. Incredible game, well deserved.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Lack of Amulet of Ksavir is disgusting.

Realm Shift is the most satisfying thing in the whole game!

1sFS4ff.gif

Damn straight. That said, Wolves are definitely the best Atreus skill.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Wow didn't think all those people would have killed all the Valkyries for the platinum.

....especially with all the blue equipment WTH

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Higher the platinum rate = more the game is enjoyable to play.

FFXV has a high rate too.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everyone saying that the high platinum rate = longer player retention, besides defeating all the Valkyries trophy, all the other trophies are piss easy to do. There's also no trophies reliant on difficulty, i'm sure that platinum list would be cut by 90% if it required a "beat the entire game in give me god of war difficulty". Great game nonetheless.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Most devs would be happy with 500,000 sales. 500,000 Platinum Trophies is crazy (and I'm one of them).