Twohearts

Feb 8, 2024
Straya
I just want them to bring the PS2 versions of Sly and Ratchet and Clank because the PS streaming stuff doesn't exist in Australia so I can't play them. I just want to play Sly 2

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Idk, I remember it being one of my favorites of that era.
It also covered a lot of different stuff I appreciated a Star Wars game doing
First mission is Mace Windu driving a clone tank
Then on foot with his lightsaber
Republic gunship flying around dropping off troops and such.

It was kinda like Jedi Starfighter but with more variety

That's funny cause I thought of it as Jedi Starfighter but worse and unfocused?

idk. Either way I'm just glad to get more PS2 games. Maybe we'll get that Revenge of the Sith game too! Now that one I liked quite a bit.

Naicore

Aug 30, 2021
Get me some Ape Escape 3, Sly Cooper, Ratchet, SSX, Siren Bloodcurse, Tekken Tag and Dead or Alive. I'm sure to support it.

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It already had a chance since it's a PSP game. I think it's actually even better?

That said, I think Rockstar might make a collection instead.
I only think the console version because of this from forever ago
www.playstationlifestyle.net

GTA Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Midnight Club 3 and Max Payne 2 Coming to PS4 - PlayStation LifeStyle

Four unannounced Rockstar PS4 games were rated by the ESRB. These games include Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Midnight Club 3, and Max Payne 2.
There might be some sort of completed version.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I only think the console version because of this from forever ago
www.playstationlifestyle.net

GTA Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, Midnight Club 3 and Max Payne 2 Coming to PS4 - PlayStation LifeStyle

Four unannounced Rockstar PS4 games were rated by the ESRB. These games include Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Midnight Club 3, and Max Payne 2.
There might be some sort of completed version.
Ah, OK. We'll, here's hoping. I've been wanting to replay them.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Awesome, now this is legitimately exciting. I hope the emulation is excellent, and significantly better than the last batch, especially on PS5.

Clone Wars was fun in multiplayer, but I'll likely grab the Xbox version since it's probably superior. I hope we see some much more interesting PS2 titles start to appear over the next several years.

I also hope this is a sign of greta things to come, the PS2 catalog really deserves a return.

Jul 30, 2023
Fingers crossed all the previous releases get updated to use the new emulator.
We can only hope!

Disney will put all their Star wars stuff on psn.

Everything except Kotor!

When the Switch ports from Aspyr happened I thought there was no way we wouldn't at least get those - basically every other SW thing they've done has been made available on PlayStation in recent years.

But nope, those were the sole exception.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
This is so frustrating. Every time Sony releases a "classic" game it's some random title that few if any care about.

I wouldn't mind these games if they were basically dumping everything on there. If it's going to be a highly exclusive selection, at least put some effort into putting out the games that actually appear on someone's top 100 list.

This like if Nintendo put out one NES title a year and expected us to be excited for Captain Skyhawk.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Maybe we'll finally see Star Wars Starfighter? Jedi Starfighter has a PS4 version but not Starfighter.

There's a PC version but I had problems with the controller last time I tried it.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
There are so many un-rereleased games for PS1, PS2 and PSP they could dig up, I wish it wasn't so damn slow.

Diemza

Jun 30, 2019
It's always good to have more acces to previous games, I hope more and more will come !

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Great to see more PS2 games being made available, but how come basically every classic Star Wars game except for the the actual best one, Rogue Leader, has had a rerelease?

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
I know its not a classic but I LOVED that game when it came out. Piloting the Republic gunships was so much fun. It's the campaign Battlefront never got.

PS_Snake

Jun 11, 2023
I remember seeing a post on PlayStation's social networks last year I think mentioning that Force Unleashed 1 and 2 were coming and never materialised; unless it happened state side only?

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Great to see more PS2 games being made available, but how come basically every classic Star Wars game except for the the actual best one, Rogue Leader, has had a rerelease?
Well, that's a GameCube game. Couldn't release as a emulated PS2 game...

As for a re-release, I think Nintendo owns the Rogue Squadron series, so only they could do it. I imagine they'll work something out eventually, though.

Snake2024

May 15, 2024
Other third party PS2 games that could be made available based on the XBOX games that were made backwards compatible:
- Black
- Chicken Little
- Dead to Rights
- Full Spectrum Warriors
- Gladius
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor`s Tomb (delisted)
- Max Payne 2
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
- MX Unleashed
- Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (europe only)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (delisted)
- Secret Weapons over Normand
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (delisted)
- SSX3
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- The King of Fighters: Neowave
- Timesplitter 2
- Timesplitter: Future Perfect
- Splinter Cell (delisted)
- Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (delisted)
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent (delisted)

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
RELEASE REVENGE OF THE SI....

Other third party PS2 games that could be made available based on the XBOX games that were made backwards compatible:
- Black
- Chicken Little
- Dead to Rights
- Full Spectrum Warriors
- Gladius
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor`s Tomb (delisted)
- Max Payne 2
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
- MX Unleashed
- Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory (europe only)
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (delisted)
- Secret Weapons over Normand
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (delisted)
- SSX3
- Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- The King of Fighters: Neowave
- Timesplitter 2
- Timesplitter: Future Perfect

PLEASE SONY.
And Kotor! (Not as a ps2 classic, just in general!)
Also this. The game is available on cellphones but still not PlayStation...??

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
And Kotor! (Not as a ps2 classic, just in general!)

Kotor has been widely rereleased, it's on mobile and switch and of course PC.

Well, that's a GameCube game. Couldn't release as a emulated PS2 game...

As for a re-release, I think Nintendo owns the Rogue Squadron series, so only they could do it. I imagine they'll work something out eventually, though.

Sure I didn't mean as a PS2 Classic, I just mean a rerelease in any form.

I don't know if Nintendo own it outright, given the first game was on PC and is even still available on GOG, it's just the second (and best) game that is still locked to GC.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
The description doesn't mention anything such as new features (Like Rewmind and such).

So the most we can hope for is that it doesn't run like butt I guess.

Edit: PS2 Emulation Fixed?!

Last edited:

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Finally, some of that Premium™-feel... /s

Obligatory where the hell is Jedi Power Battles post.
giphy.gif

The relevant questions being asked here.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I hope EA gets on board with this new wave of PS2 titles. A lot of missed opportunities in the PS4 era.

Jul 30, 2023

What I wouldn't do to have the Splinter Cell games available to me with ease on the PS5...

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I've been pleasantly surprised with Sony's efforts on the emulation front this generation. It's been a slow drip but it's great to see the work continue and for PS2 to have a functioning emulator now.

Long may it continue!

Noog

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 1, 2018
SEGA, put Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog on the service you cowards.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't some Star Wars games the first PS2 to PS4 releases as well? Racer Revenge, I'm sure was one. Seems fitting to be the first series with the new emulator as well.

Snake2024

May 15, 2024
You'd love to see this really get fleshed out into a regular stream of content.
Sadly that seems unlikely with Sony if you look at how they handled things in the past.

The PS2 to PS4 programm started in november 2015 and did run till january 2019 and they only made 54 out of mutliple thousand of PS2 games available (with some having issues on PS5) while for comparison MS only started to add original xbox games in october 2017 and till november 2021 made 60+ of around 1000 xbox games available.

PS Now did launch in january 2014 and till now they only made around 320 stream only PS3 games available while MS started to make X360 games backwards compatible in november 2015 and till november 2021 made 630+ titles available for download with some having enhancements like 4K, FPS Boost and Auto HDR.

The PS Plus re-launch happened in june 2022 and in almost 2 years there are only 40 PS1 and 31 PSP (2 are jp only) available and they haven`t even added new classics half of the time.

That means there are overall only around 445 PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3 games available consisting of 125 downloadable PS1/PS2/PSP and around 320 stream only PS3 games while there are 690+ XBOX/X360 games available that are all downloadable.

Nintendo also hasn`t done a good job and only made around 273 NES/SNES/N64/GB/GBC/GBA/Sega Genesis games available since the NSO service launched in september 2018. Sony and Nintendo don`t seem to be interested in investing time, resources and money into these kind of programm. They will likely continue to drip feed these classics over the next few years into PS Plus Premium or third party publishers will contract Implicit Conversions themselvs to make these games purchaseable like Square Enix did with Valkyrie Profile.

Apr 24, 2024
There are still a few from the PS3 days that didn't get ported to PS4/5 and some of those got re-releases (Persona 3 and 4 for example). It would be great to get some of those others that have been moved over yet.

I also got one of those McBoot things for my PS2 slim so I'm not as eager for it as I might have been a year or so ago.