• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
ENpAXw5UwAAKCV-.jpg

EminentFlamboyantCoypu-size_restricted.gif

So inspired, so devious, yet so simple.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
made up in my head as far as Sony not tweeting what I thought. The rest is how I feel. Opinions - people have them!

I mean, the PS4 was announced in February 2013 but the console wasn't revealed until e3 of that year, was Sonya arrogant back then as well? Why are some so impatient?

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Shocking logo. So they didn't even give the date of their announcement ? Cmon sony

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the person in charge of logos on Sony must be a happy bastard lol

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But now there is nothing left to show anymore? Unexpected they show their cards so early on, giving Microsoft the chance to change everything for Xbox to counter that reveal.
/sl

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
I just thought since it's been 20 years since the PS2 came out, do you think they may have a 20th-anniversary PS5 launch console with this type of lettering on it? That would be amazing and yes I would fucking buy 2 of them.
I as well would be very interested. It would need to be more than a color change though. When I think about the PS2 I remember those ridges that go all the way around, for example. Then again, a black console with that iconic PMS 287 C cobalt blue for accenting could be killer. Really, It would have to be more than a black console as that's pretty much most electronics now; a black box. Nothing wrong with a black box, I just don't think it'd pass muster as a special edition.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Expected I guess but still boring, hopefully they're doing something more fun with the consoles design.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is 3D Audio sound ?
Isn't it just surround sound, I mean we have always been able to listen to footsteps one floor above us in games. (RE2)

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That 5 looks odd somehow, I think it's because of the sharp angle on the top left of the five. Doesn't match the rounded P and S.

Oct 29, 2017
What a genius logo! It's an allegory for how utterly bereft of innovation this new generation will be!

So inspired!

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I'd say their launch strategy so far is working out better than expected. 3M likes for a logo, 10 pages on here. People are HUNGRY.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I like it! :)
Looks better than the PS4 logo, because the 4 didn't match the P and S as well as the 5 now does.

Logo+Playstation+4.JPG

ps5-logo.jpg

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Any mention of power?

Going for that ps4 mindshare. Good move...if it ain't broke dont fix it...but playing it safe I feel.