• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
But aren't there leaks/rumors about BC of all prior Playstation systems? If that is true they will definitely wait for that reveal to happen on a big stage.
I'd say that was more wishful thinking than a legit leak. I find it very hard to believe we'll be getting BC with PS3 games. Personally I think we'll get PS4 and that'll be it, anything else would be a pleasant surprise. And yeah, if it is a meaty BC solution over multiple gens they'd definitely want to announce that on stage, it'd be a crowd pleaser for sure.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
But aren't there leaks/rumors about BC of all prior Playstation systems? If that is true they will definitely wait for that reveal to happen on a big stage.

There's some fairly baseless (IMO) speculation rather than any actual leaks about that. But in so far as Katana_Strikes wondered about PS4 game BC, that's already been featured on various PS5 presentations, I wouldn't worry about it not popping up on this one slide.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017

Hahhahahaaa

giphy.gif
Imagine posting this on a gaming forum in a thread where people are enthusiastic about next gen. You guys are weird

Last edited:

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
was no need to change it.

i want to see the console design now, please.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I think the color will be a slightly darker blue than what we have currently with PS4.

Deleted member 22585

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
EU
I love how they changed the 4 into a 5 to reflect that this is the Playstation 5 and not the Playstation 4.

Yeah I did not see that coming. I like how it clearly communicates to the customer that this is a new device using a higher number than before. It's an oddity in the console space, but I think this bold move will pay off.

Satire aside, it's so weird that Sony are the only ones using numbers while the others have to come up with stupid names all the time.

rein

Apr 16, 2018
It's happening...

Are we surprised by the logo though? It's like the PS4 one, no?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Why? It is wasted resources at PlayStation level of recognition.
It is like redesigning iPhone logo.

Lol why would they need to change ?
For example, Apple didn't change logo for each iPhone, it's always the same

You guys know i am talking about the PS5 part right? Dont think its weird they changed it. New gen. Abit different like the name and how the console will look.
And they change it everytime time. Didnt hurt "recognition" at all.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
You guys know i am talking about the PS5 part right? Dont think its weird they changed it. New gen. Abit different like the name and how the console will look.
And they change it everytime time. Didnt hurt "recognition" at all.
And I posted old logos to show you that they just follow the same path with PS5
They don't have to present a fresh logo or something new like you mentioned, that's all

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
And I posted old logos to show you that they just follow the same path with PS5
They don't have to present a fresh logo or something new like you mentioned, that's all
Huh?
Like i said i am fine with the logo and something new. I responded on someone who said "was no need to change it"

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No, Pro doesn't have a UHD Blu-ray drive. And when you see how these discs sell, it wasn't a bad decision at all. I wish they would sell like DVDs, but these days are over;(

Oh shit, you're right, now I slowly remember. Good that I have an Xbox One X too.
Finally upgrade to 4K TV in the next months and then continue my collection with 4K Blu Rays, but I really forgot that of all companies, Sony didn't add the UHD disc drive to the Pro.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The game cases are going to be blue again aren't they.

Here's me hoping for yellow so it looks nice on the shelf next to all the other colour cases.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Sony are filtering their info at a turtle speed rate.
Hopefully they will do their conference in February as rumoured and show Everything in a megaton conference.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Were people this sarcastic with the PS4 logo reveal?

That was the same as the PS3 logo just with a 4 instead of the 3.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Lol why would they need to change ?
For example, Apple didn't change logo for each iPhone, it's always the same

You forgot
a7189e3a4a1196d901319f635e783006.jpeg

Designer-Man
Designer-Man
Designs whatever a spider can
Scales his text, any size
Changes 4 to number 5

Look out, here comes Designer-man

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
My only small nitpick.
The 5's corner is a bit too sharp compared to other symbols and it clashes at first glance.

33jZJFH.png

I think it should be more like this.

87-DB2-EF8-DFF2-469-E-95-FF-034-E23411-A9-F.jpg

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
Were people this sarcastic with the PS4 logo reveal?

That was the same as the PS3 logo just with a 4 instead of the 3.

I suppose with that, it came as part of a bigger package of information - it was shown as part of the full reveal, so it was really just a footnote to the whole thing.

Here they've made 'a thing' of it on its own, as part of drip feed of teasing ahead of the full reveal. Hence the sarcastic reactions I suppose.

My only small nitpick.
The 5's corner is a bit too sharp compared to other symbols and it clashes at first glance.

33jZJFH.png

I think it should be more like this.

87-DB2-EF8-DFF2-469-E-95-FF-034-E23411-A9-F.jpg

Your '5' looks too much like a 'S' - indeed, the need to differentiate it clearly as a 5 probably informed the decision for the sharp corners on the top.