• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You forgot
a7189e3a4a1196d901319f635e783006.jpeg

Designer-Man
Designer-Man
Designs whatever a spider can
Scales his text, any size
Changes 4 to number 5

Look out, here comes Designer-man

tenor.gif

You guys are too much.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah yellow could end up looking a bit too much like cloudy piss now you mention it. Or end up going the same shade my old SNES and Dreamcast did.

Could I interest you in a nice mauve then?
Yeah piss was what I was thinking too lol.

Mauve is better but still not great, would be similar to HDDVDs. As boring as it will be, I think some for of Blue is their best bet since it ties into their branding.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Always a little weird to think just how normal that logo will seem in a few years.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
we are less than a year away from launch, i wish they stop the drip feed and just show the damn thing already

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Cerny still spear-heading it all? Looking forward for dat voice walking us through when the thing is unveiled.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
we are less than a year away from launch, i wish they stop the drip feed and just show the damn thing already

I agree that they're getting schooled ATM in terms of the different trajectories to launch. From their sake I hope it isn't because they're making last minute changes to their console and their launch plans. They've already gone earlier than last time so the February 2013 comparison is largely irrelevant. I would have expected more information than by now after they themselves initiated the next gen conversation with Wired so much earlier.

Just announce the date of the reveal event!

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
So they're still using a font called The Rave Is In Your Pants... :D
That particular typeface is fanmade and inspired by the PS4 logo. It's not the actual typeface used by Sony. If the PS5 logo is derived from a inhouse typeface at Sony, I expect that typeface to have a very limited set of characters.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt this is the official PS5 logo. This seems to be just a placeholder until the PS meeting.
I would say it's not the finalized version of the logo. It lacks, for legal reasons, the ® symbol both for the PlayStation mark and PS5. But sure, I could see more work being done on the logo, especially on the 5.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
So the expectation is they reveal the look of the console in February in a state of play, and the E3 will focus on games and services and such?

Because the series X reveal was underwhelming in information. The only concrete information we got was the look of the console, Phil drip fed some info afterwards, but as reveals go, it was more of a teaser than a reveal.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
They need to announce the date of the ps meeting, we need the Hype Train to start moving.

And the gifs to start raining.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the expectation is they reveal the look of the console in February in a state of play, and the E3 will focus on games and services and such?

Because the series X reveal was underwhelming in information. The only concrete information we got was the look of the console, Phil drip fed some info afterwards, but as reveals go, it was more of a teaser than a reveal.

The current expectation is a PS Meeting in Feb.

A juicy one like PS4 got.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people surprised that PS5 gets more likes than Xbox? It's a much more popular brand.

Let's be honest, Cerny could get out there on stage take his pants off, take a dump, and call it the PS5 and some on here would be impressed.